User Tag List

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 Atticas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 1 of the fast today and I can already tell this is gonna SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK x'''D

SOOO hungry right now, but I'll live.

Gonna try and go with making about 3-4 juices a day, mixed in with all sorts of fun stuff like celery, kale, carrots, cabbage, ginger root, parsley, beats, spinach, tumeric, oranges... etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So me and Maxouttt77 are on Day 2 of this juice fast.

Energy level is surprisingly pretty lively... yesterday was HORRIBLE though lol.

It's a good thing I pulled outta work or this would not have flied.

Give your best wishes to Max as he actually is working while doing this

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticas View Post
    So me and Maxouttt77 are on Day 2 of this juice fast.

Energy level is surprisingly pretty lively... yesterday was HORRIBLE though lol.

It's a good thing I pulled outta work or this would not have flied.

Give your best wishes to Max as he actually is working while doing this
    Best nine hours in town, ladies and gentlemen. At least it's a desk job haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost the end of Day 2 now.

Energy levels felt great pretty much all day except for when I almost dozed off while sitting at the computer around 3pm lol

Also, gotta say I slept pretty damn good last night; Let's hope tonight goes the same!

I'm actually pretty excited about continuing this fast after reading this as well earlier:

Fasting enhances growth hormone secretion and amplifies the complex rhythms of growth hormone secretion in man.

seems like I should get a pretty nice surge of HGH throughout my body in the next coming days

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i did a 5.5 day juice feast (intention was 7 day) . the day 1 was so bad that i could even eat grass.. day 2 was the same . Day 3 on wards the energy burst and clarity in thoughts was worth the pain.. the craving for bad food was gone ...

one thing to note is i personally felt i went a few steps back after the feast.. nothing to worry though as i think i was cleansed to an extent ... and cleansing might also mean it takes away some progress you have achieved in past .. nevertheless its was a real good experience ..

so good that i want to do it again... i lost some unwanted flab around my waist ...

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What juicer are you using?

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticas View Post
    Almost the end of Day 2 now.

Energy levels felt great pretty much all day except for when I almost dozed off while sitting at the computer around 3pm lol

Also, gotta say I slept pretty damn good last night; Let's hope tonight goes the same!

I'm actually pretty excited about continuing this fast after reading this as well earlier:

Fasting enhances growth hormone secretion and amplifies the complex rhythms of growth hormone secretion in man.

seems like I should get a pretty nice surge of HGH throughout my body in the next coming days
    This article is in regards to a water fast, which is what they mean when they say fast....to basically go without food. With the juice feast you're not doing that. The angle of the juice feast is to provide your body with as many nutrients, vitamins and minerals as possible while minimizing digestive energy. Seeing as digestion takes up almost 50% of your bodies energy needs, the energy used packs a big punch with a low metabolic cost. The body then uses this "extra" energy, as it always does, when it can, to house clean. The end result is the same. With water fasting, it's rough, brutal and torturous but the cleanse is quicker and deeper. The juice feast allows you to go through your day (for the most part) and still get some cleansing in. Both work if you let them.

I've done 45 days of the 90 day juice feasting program and the only reason I stopped was because the two hours needed every morning to make my days ration of juice started to wear on me. That being said, make sure you're getting enough calories to go through the day comfortably. For most men that requires 4-6 quarts (mason jars) of fresh juice per day.

If you can, go for walks while feasting. Get the lymph fluid moving and help your body out.

As a side note.....for anyone who wants to experiment, I'd be curious to know how the herbs feel while doing the feast? Anyone care to try? I believe that because of the 100% plant based diet you're on right now the effects of the herbs would be felt more intimately....perhaps herbs that you didn't "feel" before would be more felt now? It couldn't hurt to give it a shot. They may even help with energy if you're having a day when you're dragging.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 05-18-2016 at 06:30 AM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    This article is in regards to a water fast, which is what they mean when they say fast....to basically go without food. With the juice feast you're not doing that. The angle of the juice feast is to provide your body with as many nutrients, vitamins and minerals as possible while minimizing digestive energy. Seeing as digestion takes up almost 50% of your bodies energy needs, the energy used packs a big punch with a low metabolic cost. The body then uses this "extra" energy, as it always does, when it can, to house clean. The end result is the same. With water fasting, it's rough, brutal and torturous but the cleanse is quicker and deeper. The juice feast allows you to go through your day (for the most part) and still get some cleansing in. Both work if you let them.

I've done 45 days of the 90 day juice feasting program and the only reason I stopped was because the two hours needed every morning to make my days ration of juice started to wear on me. That being said, make sure you're getting enough calories to go through the day comfortably. For most men that requires 4-6 quarts (mason jars) of fresh juice per day.

If you can, go for walks while feasting. Get the lymph fluid moving and help your body out.

As a side note.....for anyone who wants to experiment, I'd be curious to know how the herbs feel while doing the feast? Anyone care to try? I believe that because of the 100% plant based diet you're on right now the effects of the herbs would be felt more intimately....perhaps herbs that you didn't "feel" before would be more felt now? It couldn't hurt to give it a shot. They may even help with energy if you're having a day when you're dragging.
    I'm probably going to try this today. We're slammed with a pop-up project at work and I can't be dragging today. This will be my attempt to remedy that. Will report back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post

I'm with Maxout777 on this one actually.

I'd love to give the herbs a try. We were both mentioning how well they were working for us before, I can't imagine it would be worse while juice fasting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by road to recover View Post
    What juicer are you using?
    Breville Juice Fountain