User Tag List

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 Atticas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help overcoming hopefully my final stages of PFS

My search for recovery has finally lead me here, to you all. This forum looks encouraging, intellectual, and full of motivation... far from what I found when I first seeked help. I first ended up on some random google searches, then propeciahelp.com - which was just full of despair and negativity - then I found solvepfs.com which helped me get on track concerning probiotics and eating right, and now finally I am here.

(I'm just going to cover pretty much everything in this first post so that you guys won't have to ask me a myriad of questions about my situation. Sorry if it's long)

I'm calling out all you experienced, knowledgeable blokes. Help me finally kill off this stupid curse that's been holding me back for nearly a year and a half now. I was 23 when I took it and now I'm 25 still fighting the same fight. My side-effects to this day are shrinking genitals, aginig skin (aging faster than normal - from 23 to 25 I have grown almost full nasolabial folds and lost tons of fat under my eyes to the point where you can see veins), loose skin, random bouts of insomnia, and stubborn fat around my gut. Curiously enough, I never suffered from ED and my libido hardly dropped if at all. In 2015, I suffered from my worst bouts of depression and thought about suicide for months, but I fought and fought against it because I knew there was still hope somewhere. That hope led me to get through those thoughts and now I am incredibly determined to put an end to this.

I eating gluten-free, dairy-free; I have taken probiotics for about 5 months now (currently using VSL#3); I workout regularly again (and am gaining back muscle lost by the initial stages of PFS); I try and get 7 hours of sleep a day although alot of the time I end up waking up before I can make it that long ( this is a problem because alot of the time, once I'm awake, i'm pretty much just awake and won't fall back asleep); I eat spinach, kale, kombucha, and sauerkraut about everyday; And lastly, I meditate pretty often to try and bring down cortisol.

My work is stressful by nature; I work in phone sales. I figure this may play a role in not allowing my body to fully fight cortisol as well as it could.

Regardless of these sides and the length of time I've suffered from them, I truly believe I can recover from this and I hope you guys will help me out simply out of kindness and your willingness to help others grow into positive giants like yourselves. So SS, please help and guide me. I want to stand on the other side of this disease with you, cdnuts, Chi, entrophy, Brainfogboy, and everyone else who has recovered from this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been reading a bit in this forum today:

Saw Palmetto and Fenugreek...im in trouble!

It seemed a bit all over the place... a couple of guys threw out some ideas... then Cdsnuts came in and gave a huge outline of all the test boosting supplements he takes now. To be honest, i'm not too sure where to start at this point.

It seems like Tongkat and Tribulus get thrown around a lot whenever I hear about supplements guys take to recover from PFS. Hell, if it helps, I could buy every single ingredient Cdsnuts mentioned..

I know for sure I want to buy some Creatine HCL to help aid in boosting DHT again... I've already got and been taking fish oils... and I will likely go out and buy a B complex and Magnesium Complex.

Looking at Cdsnuts old response to how he healed from PFS... I've done a small water fast before and have also tried the paleo diet for a span of time, just didn't keep with it because I didn't feel it was necessary to stay on it for life. Do I need to go back and do those things over now or can I just begin supplementing, and continuing with my workouts and meditation?

Can someone basically just condense these random thoughts and suggestions into one routine? I'm ready and very willing to do this.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticas View Post
    I've been reading a bit in this forum today:

Saw Palmetto and Fenugreek...im in trouble!

It seemed a bit all over the place... a couple of guys threw out some ideas... then Cdsnuts came in and gave a huge outline of all the test boosting supplements he takes now. To be honest, i'm not too sure where to start at this point.

It seems like Tongkat and Tribulus get thrown around a lot whenever I hear about supplements guys take to recover from PFS. Hell, if it helps, I could buy every single ingredient Cdsnuts mentioned..

I know for sure I want to buy some Creatine HCL to help aid in boosting DHT again... I've already got and been taking fish oils... and I will likely go out and buy a B complex and Magnesium Complex.

Looking at Cdsnuts old response to how he healed from PFS... I've done a small water fast before and have also tried the paleo diet for a span of time, just didn't keep with it because I didn't feel it was necessary to stay on it for life. Do I need to go back and do those things over now or can I just begin supplementing, and continuing with my workouts and meditation?

Can someone basically just condense these random thoughts and suggestions into one routine? I'm ready and very willing to do this.
    You say you're ready to do this yet in the same breath you say.... " I've done a small water fast before and have also tried the paleo diet for a span of time, just didn't keep with it because I didn't feel it was necessary to stay on it for life."

There are reasons why certain things are recommended. it's not just by chance, or just because. When you say you've "tried" the Paleo diet....what does that mean? How long is "tried?" You don't try it.....you do it. And yes, you may not need to stay on it for life, but i'm guessing the amount of time you did it was not nearly long enough let alone worrying about staying on it for a lifetime.

Have you read my recovery post? It's all condensed down to the basic moving parts. Everything you need is in that post.

Tell me what you don't understand about that post and I'll see if I can help you. Before I do that, you need to tell me what you've been doing in the mean time?

You also need to stock up on at least 7 of these herbs. More is better, but seven is a start.

CD's Natural Testosterone boosting regimen

Now....back to the beginning of this post. You said YOU didn't feel it was necessary to stay on the Paleo diet. Is there anything else you don't feel is necessary? I'm asking, because you are here clearly asking for help. Because of this, is it safe to say that what you feel or don't feel is necessary may be off a bit? If you're going to make any head way you have to suspend that way of thinking. You can't just pick and choose what parts of the program you want to do and what parts you don't. It's all, or nothing. I'm not going to waste my time if that's not understood from the start.

I've helped so many people that started off strong, and then a month or two in they decide they don't want to do one or two things that are necessary to be done. They end up not getting the results they should and they complain that the regimen didn't work. Bullshit.....THEY didn't work. Again, there is a reason why things are the way they are. If this is a problem for you, then you should just do what YOU feel is necessary.

****And please....for the love of god, change your avatar.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 04-03-2016 at 02:33 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Have you read my recovery post? It's all condensed down to the basic moving parts. Everything you need is in that post.
    Yea, that's what I was referring to when I said your "old response" to how you healed from PFS. This one, right?

I'm not going to go into all of the things I tried that had minimal results. I'm just going to give you the meat of it.

Fast. Just once, for two weeks or more if you can.

If you can't fast for any reason then do a juicefeast. Home - Juice FeastingJuice Feasting | 4 Quarts a Day to Health: Cleanse, Rebuild, Rehydrate, Alkalize for a month or more. No need to do the whole 90 day program unless you care to.

You need to cleanse before you start anything. It will make your body so much more receptive to positive change.

Diet and lifestyle are absolute cornerstones in recovery.

Eat a paleo type diet and carb back load at night depending on your exercise regimine. Carb backloading is fantastic for manipulating hormones. If you're not sure what it is, google it.

Avoid gluten......this one food is so problematic I can't begin to go into it.

Lift heavy weights three times per week, but don't overdue it if your really in the shitter.....

Do HIIT once per week at first, then go to twice per week. I did sprints.

Cycle testosterone boosting supplements as outlined at Boost Your Low Testosterone! Increase Low T Levels Naturally . As a matter of fact, most of what I did to recover can be found in one place at this site. He also goes into carb back loading.

****I also did several cycles of a DHT compound from primordial performance which helped in increasing the active enzymes that were wiped out by propecia. Unfortunately they have been shutdown by the FDA. There are other DHT based steroids that you could use, but I am not familiar with any others then androhard from primordial. Don't just jump into using these products unless you do your research. You don't want to end up worse then you are now. I had access to the producer of these drugs and he spent alot of time going back and forth with me on the science of how they work to increase active 5arII. It's a can of worms I'm not going to get into but didn't want to fail to mention it as I attribute the use of androhard and successful post cycle therapies to my overall recovery.

Meditate. You have to quiet your mind. You have to stop focusing on your problems. Focus on anything other then what is wrong with you. If you need to, stop coming to this site and reading the horror stories. You understand what happened to you, now move on. This one thing will set you in the right direction and make a HUGE improvement in your life. This will also help with sleep.

Take: B complex. Magnesium complex (the kind you dissolve in water works best) Fish oils. Take everyday at first, then go to every couple of days.

Stay hydrated.

Avoid intoxicants of any kind. You will be able to indulge again one day, just not today.

All of these things done consistently over TIME will yield you results. It can't not work. You just have to be diligent. How much do you want it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, so I'll buy 7 of those immediately as well as some Creatine HCL.

To be more clear, I only did a water fast for 1 day, and a paleo diet for about a week, based off of the advice of others on other forums. I saw your old post about a year ago or so on propeciahelp.com and wasn't sure if that was your most updated routine or even one you considered fairly valid anymore, so I never really followed it and wanted to hear it from the lion's mouth so to speak. I'm fine with going back on it if you say I should. Like I said, I'm here for help and I will comply.

So based off of another thread you posted in, someone asked you what 5 test boosters you would choose from the 20 if you could only take 5, and you said: Pine Pollen, Tongkat, Ant, Cistanche and He Shou Wu. I'll go ahead and purchase those and two others.

As for a B complex and Magnesium Complex, can I just run by Vitamin Shoppe and grab something for that, or are there outlets you'd rather prefer me buy from online?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To let you know what I have been doing cd:

> Meditating near everyday for about 2 months (fairly new to it)
    > Working out using Layne Norton's PHAT routine
    > Bulk Diet
    > Trying to get adequate sleep
    > Taking probiotics
    > Eating sauerkraut, kombucha, kale and spinach about everyday.
    > TRYING to eat gluten-free, dairy-free everyday, although sometimes I accidentally slip up

And that pretty much sums it up.
    I recently also found out I'm allergic to almonds, which sucked to hear because I had been eating these protein almond bar things for monthssssss up until recently... so hopefully now my body should be working in full gear without any food allergies holding me back.

My diet now basically consists of this everyday:
    > 2 Hamburgers
    > 6 eggs
    > 1 Bag of cut up chicken
    > Bowl of Salad (kale, spinach, peanuts, avacado, tomatos)
    > Kombucha
    > Protein Bar
    > Banana
    > Cup of Rice
    > Coconut Milk

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Alright, so I'll buy 7 of those immediately as well as some Creatine HCL.

To be more clear, I only did a water fast for 1 day, and a paleo diet for about a week, based off of the advice of others on other forums. I saw your old post about a year ago or so on propeciahelp.com and wasn't sure if that was your most updated routine or even one you considered fairly valid anymore, so I never really followed it and wanted to hear it from the lion's mouth so to speak. I'm fine with going back on it if you say I should. Like I said, I'm here for help and I will comply.

So based off of another thread you posted in, someone asked you what 5 test boosters you would choose from the 20 if you could only take 5, and you said: Pine Pollen, Tongkat, Ant, Cistanche and He Shou Wu. I'll go ahead and purchase those and two others.

As for a B complex and Magnesium Complex, can I just run by Vitamin Shoppe and grab something for that, or are there outlets you'd rather prefer me buy from online?
    The routine stands. Everything in that outline is EXACTLY what you need to start doing. Now given that you know the information is correct, do you have any specific questions?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The routine stands. Everything in that outline is EXACTLY what you need to start doing. Now given that you know the information is correct, do you have any specific questions?
    Cool. Ok, the specific questions are:

1. Is there any set time I need to stay on Paleo, or just until I start feeling better?
    2. How many grams of carbs should I shoot to stay under on Paleo?
    3. Is there any specific B complex and Magnesium Complex you'd recommend?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cool. Ok, the specific questions are:

1. Is there any set time I need to stay on Paleo, or just until I start feeling better?
    For the next 6 months
    2. How many grams of carbs should I shoot to stay under on Paleor
    Don't worry about that for now. Just follow the guidelines for the Paleo diet.
    3. Is there any specific B complex and Magnesium Complex you'd recommend?
    No for B vitamins. For Magnesium, there is product called Naturally calm that I found works wonders

You need to cleanse as well. Fasting for one day, well, the fact that you told me that you did a short water fast and this is what it was, has me second guessing this whole thing. C'mon man.....really? You didn't water fast at all. You just didn't eat that day. And Paleo for a week? Again...these aren't timelines that are going to give you any results at all. But you already know that.

Before doing any of this, you need to do a short juice feast of a week. A week is not a long time for something like this. I've personally done 45 days...and that was half of a 90 day program. I digress.....I find that MOST people that can stay the course for the week on juice usually will be very successful at getting themselves fixed up. Not just because they did the week on juice, but because they have what it takes to do what is necessary....mentally.

Also, don't TRY to be gluten free. BE gluten free. Is there any reason why you have an aversion to the Paleo diet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No for B vitamins. For Magnesium, there is product called Naturally calm that I found works wonders

You need to cleanse as well. Fasting for one day, well, the fact that you told me that you did a short water fast and this is what it was, has me second guessing this whole thing. C'mon man.....really? You didn't water fast at all. You just didn't eat that day. And Paleo for a week? Again...these aren't timelines that are going to give you any results at all. But you already know that.

Before doing any of this, you need to do a short juice feast of a week. A week is not a long time for something like this. I've personally done 45 days...and that was half of a 90 day program. I digress.....I find that MOST people that can stay the course for the week on juice usually will be very successful at getting themselves fixed up. Not just because they did the week on juice, but because they have what it takes to do what is necessary....mentally.

Also, don't TRY to be gluten free. BE gluten free. Is there any reason why you have an aversion to the Paleo diet?
    I mean, I thought it was mostly just a fad diet for one.... but I think the main thing that discouraged me from continuing the paleo diet is the fact that the guy who was instructing me through it was telling me I needed to eat under like 30-50 grams of carbohydrates... which when you're trying to gain weight can make your diet INCREDIBLY difficult. I have a saved excel sheet i use to try and keep track of my diet, and it was so damn hard trying to figure out how to get my diet up to 3,300-3,600 calories while ALSO not exceeding 45-50 grams of fiber while also not exceeding 30-50 grams of carbs.

And nooooooooooo, don't get me wrong man... I AM gluten-free. I have a huge intolerance to it. All I mean is, there's times where I've accidentally slipped up and ate something which had gluten that I thought was gluten-free (Example: Wings at Buffalo Wild Wings, which I was told were gluten free, but then found out the cooks in the back were using the same ****ing stove to cook everything with. That messed up my day)