User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Administrator Feedback Score 1 (100%) SoCal-Nutrition's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How's the training going?

BTW: I accidentally mistook your imgur link as spam and removed the link..sorry! a lot of posts with spam links in them and was doing some bulk cleaning.
    www.SoCal-Nutrition.com
    Use Coupon code SWOLE5 to save 5% on all orders
    Prescription Nutrition Now Available!

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Eden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6-20-17

Deadlift:

230lbs X 10
    205lbs X 9
    165lbs X 12

Military Press:

125lbs X 7
    115lbs X 8
    95lbs X 9

Pullup:

Body Weight + 20lbs X 9
    Body Weight X 9
    Body Weight - 30lbs X 9

Weight: 158lbs
    BF%: 13?

Diet:

134G Protein
    54G Carbs (20g Fiber, 34 Net)
    160G Fat

So, after deluding myself long enough, I've been cutting for a while, I figured I would cut down, and try to not restart but truthfully take a look at where I was, and where I wanted to go. Needless to say I'm down quite a bit of weight, if this has been effective at increasing my health I can only hope. My parents have been having some pretty serious health issues, and due to that I've started to consider more my long term health, not abusing myself with weight, or going to excess with food. Anyway, the reason for Keto is that my wife is on keto to prevent seizures, it's a hard diet, and I wanted to support her with her condition.

The workout yesterday, went well, I wasn't feeling like hitting the weight, but I ended up feeling pretty ready to go around eight pm when I usually go to workout before Maghreb (Evening Islamic prayer, currently when fast is broken since it's Ramadan). Deadlifts shocked me that I was able to get ten reps, I felt like I could have hit twelve or thirteen, but since the schedule only called for eight, I figured best not to go too over board. When I started last month my max was two-hundred twenty-five for three, so that's quite an improvement over one month considering the fasting. I have been looking at a few other supplements to add in, I currently run:

Beta-alanine - 3G-5G post workout
    Creatine Monohydrate - 5G post workout
    Animal Pak - 1 Pack post workout
    Resveratrol - 250mg post workout
    COq10 - 200mg post workout

The only really interesting supplement I can find is Clear Muscle by Muscletech which I guess is some kind of anti-catabolic supplement alleged to help tip more toward anabolism by preventing or decreasing catabolism. Anyway the stuff is like thirty-five dollars for a months worth, so I might try it and see what's up. I had thought about a test booster, but most of my findings were that they were either, not very effective, or that if effective the body's natural production is kind of low anyway and slight increases in the amount wouldn't amount to much increase in gains worth the cost.

I am able to workout now in a shed in the back yard, that I have a power rack in, and a bench that can do flat, slight decline, and incline. I only really use it for flat as my workout routine only calls for: Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Pullup, Military Press and Bent over Row. I would say I'm pretty motivated and have a long term goal of a few years to hit around one-hundred seventy-five pounds at a decent body fat of ten percent. My lift goals right now are pretty low at 345lbs Squat, 225lbs Bench, and 400lbs Deadlift. I will update the goals if I reach the current ones in shaa allah (god willing). Other than that the workouts have been going really well, I'm not overreaching a ton now, so I am actually recovering, and that helps make the workouts a lot more enjoyable unlike how they have been in the past.

Edit: I also was looking at Targeted keto diet, where you supplement around 30g-50g sugar and some protein before the workouts in the hopes that it creates a more anabolic effect, and all the carbs are burned off during the workout anyway which may not affect ketosis. I have the Phinney, and volek book on Keto for performance and they say the affect of carbs is negligible to a hindrance of proper ketosis and glycogen production since ketosis stops during the time it would usually ramp up due to the work load.

If any of you have any advice you would like the add, I would really appreciate it. If you have thoughts on clear muscle, or knowledge of test boosters or supplements you think I could try, discount codes stuff like that, I would appreciate anything you have. I hope that you are all well, I will try to keep this log up so that it may help someone, and it may help myself.
    Last edited by Eden; 06-21-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Board Admin Feedback Score 0 delsolrob's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very glad to have you back here, bud!

have you done any research about the impact of Keto in Cortisol? I'm curious if something like Iron Legion Invictus would be beneficial for you. It's also available at SoCal, but the link above goes to the IL site.

Stay tuned for the 4th Of July Savings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't specifically looked at it. I know cortisol is a stress hormone and I would imagine that it gets elevated during the adaptation phase while carbohydrates are low, but ketone production hasn't fully engaged. I will definitely give it a look tomorrow in shaa Allah. Thanks for the advice .
    Last edited by Eden; 06-21-2017 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weight is down a little bit which I sort of figured would happen, going from 1500 calories to 2200 I would think it would cause gain but I expect for a week maybe it won't cause much weight increase since metabolism will be up as well? I'm playing around with a little more food at first meal.

Yesterday I did:

624 calories
    37g protein
    8g carb
    49g fat

Today:

827 calories
    49g protein
    8g carbs
    65g fat

I would like to have a bit more carbs, I like to have berries at breakfast but I ran out yesterday. Big recently on diet manipulation since that's one of the important factors in growth for me. My major concern is seeing how far through the fast I can stay full and not lethargic I got to around 12pm or 1pm before I started losing energy bad, maybe with a few extra calories I can make it in shaa Allah till I leave work. Once I am home being lethargic isn't really an issue.

I've been looking for new protein powder because I'm almost out of muscle pharm combat whey, I've always been of the mind that whey is whey, but I've seen stuff say that as a person ages a little higher whey than casein at least for post workout which is the only time I take protein powder is better.

Doing hip and mobility in the morning, not a ton but I find if I do it first thing it makes moving the rest of the day feel more recuperative than if I don't.

Still early, I'll update later in shaa Allah with how it goes.
    Last edited by Eden; 06-22-2017 at 03:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to post food pictures but they don't want to post. Anyway, Everything I make I try to maximize how much nutrition and nutrients I get from everything. So I have some fat cupcakes I made. The cupcakes are more like Reese's peanut butter cups, they're coconut oil, peanuts, peanut butter, chia seeds and cacao nibs, this provides a pretty good amount of nutrients and fiber plus they're tasty.

Dinner was general tso's chicken with veggies that I used flax seed in for omegas also more fiber lol. This is all more interesting with pictures though.

Totals for the day:

2,164 calories.
    134g protein
    53g carbs (27g of them fiber)
    164g fat

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    must post the recipe for those cupcakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    32g peanut butter
    14g peanuts
    28g coconut oil
    14g chia seeds
    28g cacao nibs
    4 drops sucrolose sweetener (equivalent to 20g sugar)

Mix ingredients, divide into silicone cupcake cups, freeze.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks bud

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eden does things and stuff.

A word on pre-hab and other ramblings.

I usually do quite a varied amount of stretching, foam rolling and general physical preparedness stuff in the mornings when I first get up. I became aware of this after reading a fair amount of articles and watching a lot of videos by Dave Tate on the subject. One of the benefits I have found is that my right knee no longer hurts when I squat as well touching my hamstrings to my calfs is much easier in squats. There's a huge amount of benefit in keeping the body versatile and ready for anything. I've heard a lot of big strength guys say similar things that they found increases in there lifts from weird things like doing something unusual and that strengthened something that was missing beforehand.

I think there's a disconnect sometimes between weight lifters, people who workout ect and doing things outside moving weight around. A lot of the focus goes to moving the weight, how much you're moving, when, how many times and supplements to make that effective. But I am totally guilty of not taking care of things like gpp, cardio and being limber. What I've noticed is that working out, as well as how I feel have improved quite a lot since I've begun doing these things.

I also notice better workouts, more predictable strength increases. I am able not to move around in a random way and not have to worry about some muscle being too tight or pulling something because my body is only accustom to moving in very specific like I do in workouts, but not varied ways when I'm playing with my daughter or just day to day activities.

I've also been trying to work on not making myself too comfortable without going overboard, my house is currently set to heat if it drops below 65 and cool only if it goes over 80, this changes after 10pm to cool to 74. My logic is out in the world we didn't have temperature controlled environments and I'm not sure being so comfortable is a good thing for the body if it had become used to dealing with these extremes.

I've seen doctors covering studies saying similar things, also in reference to cold exposure, heat exposure ect. Doing these things within reason on healthy individuals seems to improve hormone control, metabolism and other things as well as help develop mental fortitude. I take contrast showers regularly now if I take a fully hot shower I feel over heated or inflamed if that makes any sense and the showers help wake me up and make me feel good.

I don't think everyone should do these things, or go crazy but I'm saying maybe stepping outside the comfort zone is good but not only in working out but in life, relationships, and anywhere else it can be found.

Today is a light workout day I think in shaa Allah so I intend to update later on that if I have time.
    Last edited by Eden; 06-23-2017 at 05:48 PM.