User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 Eden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eden does things and stuff.

So I've been back at the gym now and I thought I would start posting again. I'm going to log in shaa Allah my diet, training, and notes in the hopes that it helps other people and shows things that work that might not be usual for people to do or gives some people ideas.

Basic run down of where things have been going.

April last year my daughter was born, stopped all gear cold, didn't go to the gym and took care of wife and daughter, during this time I went from about 195lbs down to around 165lbs, I'm 5'6" according to bmi like my high end weight should be around 155lbs. I don't know how anyone could get their except that I was anorexic and so that's the only way I can see someone at least with my build running around at 125-155.

Anyway daughter got old enough now so I'm back in the gym. In two months went from 165lbs back up to about 206lbs with bf on calipers showing 16%-18%bf. Now I lose bodyfat really quickly and so I try to keep my bodyfat higher because if I don't I've found it makes me feel kinda sick and light headed. Anyway I've stopped gaining weight and I've been in a holding pattern around 203lbs-206lbs.

The freaky thing here is without gear I'm bigger than I was on gear last time. My arms when I was eating a ton were up to 17", chest was like 46", quad around 27". If anyone remembers I struggled with my arms and the biggest before was 16.25". I think the size is from training three days a week, and doing a few sets of arms throughout the week and not being stressed about my growth.

Anyway to finish up that long story. I'm wondering what you guys think.

Should I keep around my weight and let my body fat come down while I keep training.

Bulk up some more to around 225lbs.

Or some other idea.

I'm inclined to bulk some more and then cut down around June in shaa Allah.

My diet is basically:

Sun, Tues, wed, fri, sat:

300g protein
    800-1000g carbs
    100-150g fat

Mon, thurs:

230g protein
    250g carbs
    75-90g fat

I supplement with:

Workout days:
    (1.6g orthinine
    2.6g arginine
    10.5 creatine
    3.2g lysine
    2.6g glycine
    11g bcaa
    120g maltodextrin
    9g fish oil)

Off days:
    10g creatine

Workouts are every mon, wed, fri.
    Workout plan is a custom plan from Neil Hill and Y3T style.

All the best guys I'll try to keep this updated if you have any questions let me know.

Administrator Feedback Score 1 (100%) SoCal-Nutrition's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    glad to see you over here! subbed!
    www.SoCal-Nutrition.com
    Use Coupon code SWOLE5 to save 5% on all orders
    Prescription Nutrition Now Available!

Established Member Feedback Score 0 hossam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following along, good luck brother

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In for this as well!!
    Do you have pics of you at 205 ish? Then I can give you my opinion whether to bulk or cut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weight: 204.6lbs

Workout yesterday:

Cable low row, with close grip handle:

45lbs x 25

100 x 21
    85 x 17

115 x 20
    100 x 13

145 x 13
    135 x 10

Straight arm pulldown

85 x 23
    65 x 20

110 x 20
    100 x 15

Wide grip pulldown

125 x 17
    100 x 18

145 x 20
    125 x 10

Seated machine row

75 x 20
    65 x 23

85 x 18
    75 x 15

100 x 15
    85 x 12

Standing barbell curl

45 x 21 x 3

Seated db curl

15 x 18
    10 x 15

15 x 17
    10 x 15

10 x 20
    5 x 18

All groupings of numbers mean drop set.

After I did 30 minutes of cardio walking outside.

I've been doing my usual huge split with food and I've found I can't pack in food on the low days after I start eating and end up getting around 2000 calories or 3000. But it's helping my waist stay smaller and I feel like the rebound is pretty good on the days I go back up but my waist stays smaller at the same time.

Imgur pics of front clothes and rear lat spread at around 206lbs. The first picture I'm watery because of all the food and stuff I take throughout the day builds up most during gym time.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So here's what I've been doing

Mon and thurs: I dry fast from dawn to dusk and then around 8pm I eat 1,600 calories before bed around 11pm

The other days: I eat my usual 5,000-6,500 calories.

What I've noticed is a pretty dramatic and I mean dramatic reduction in my gut bloat, and my waist stays way smaller even on the high food days, I appear to be gaining weight. Over the weekend I was eating not normal and not drinking enough water so for four days it looked like: fast, 2.5k, 3k, 3k. I weighed myself that last day and was 206lbs which usually takes me eating right and drinking right which is way more than I was doing but I was keeping the same weight. I also know I didn't have nearly the same bloat or amount of water retention.

So I'm interested to see what happens and how my body reacts to this eating style longer term. So I posted links to two pictures. One is my dinner and the other is two days of prepped solid meals. These don't include my snacks, shakes, ice cream or workout shakes.

Totally taking notes from scope on these food pictures. Also Vaynes check out those pictures and tell me if I'm fat or not. Lol.

http://imgur.com/osqfPWg
    http://imgur.com/7MWOTkK
    Last edited by Eden; 04-18-2016 at 07:47 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see some of the old members back around here. I am interested in your 2 days of light eating and 5 of bulk eating. How long has that been successful for you? I think I might try it. I am lean but can easily out eat my metabolism if I don't pay attention. Is there a name for that type of diet?
    Last edited by derekh83; 04-21-2016 at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only been eating this way for a few weeks. Like three weeks, the reason was because I was having to eat a huge amount of food to keep gaining and it also made me bloat really bad.

So I think it helps by keeping the body effecient and kinda lowering the metabolism, but since you keep randomly going to so low the body doesn't want to sacrifice muscle incase you need it for working out and so I think it makes it more apt to burn fat.

Most places call the way I eat a 5/2 intermittent fasting. This works for me right now, but I'll have more insight once I have done it longer.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice. I have done intermittent fasting before with good success but never played around with it. Will be following along to see how it treats you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys. So it's been about two weeks of the fasting and I decided to cut down on food a little so I'm not doing ice cream, or my pizza cheat meals. My weight has gone down about 5lbs-6lbs over the last three weeks. My carbs are around 400-550 a day now. Still around 230g-275g protein a day and I've been eating the eggs my chickens lay.

As far as weights I've been going higher on weight than I usually do, getting around 195lbs on close grip low rows, been doing lots of dips and I'm around 30 reps over 4 sets after chest days so they're going up. I've also been doing stepmill as much as I can and it makes me sweat like I'm dying so I'm hoping it's helping.

Here's a new picture of my rear lat spread and I think it can be seen that the stuff is working.
    Last edited by SoCal-Nutrition; 06-24-2016 at 05:11 AM.