I'll throw in one of my injury stories...

I was in the middle of a two year off-season while getting ready for a national qualifier. I needed the extra time to put on additional muscle and come in at the top of my weight class instead of near the bottom. It was during this period that I chose to use AAS for the first time.

I worked out in a hole-in-the wall gym owned by a former world champion powerlifter and his team of national and world level lifters. The equipment wasnt all that well kept up, but it was good enough for me. Or so I had thought...

One day I was adding 45s to the lat pull, bringing it up to about 340 or so. First couple of sets went fine. I really should have paid more attention to the frayed cable, though.

Midway through my next set, the cable snapped just as I got the bar to my chest. Since I was pulling back hard at that time, I just kept going backward. My abs engaged just in time to keep my head from hitting the floor behind me. When I stopped myself and "sat" back up, I felt something in my back had gone very wrong. It had.

For a couple of months, it hurt to stand, sit, or lay down in any position and became unbearable after about 5 minutes. No amount of pain killers or anti inflammatories would touch it.

It took many many months of homemade rehab to get me back to the gym in any real capacity, but I was eventually able to get the bulging discs in my back into place once again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2