User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comeback from injury

something rough that happened to you, put you on the shelf, doubted your future in training, ect

about 4yrs ago, prior to christmas, had nasty muscle spasms for a week, had me at my knees late at night....went in, after tests was found my lung was collapsing, to this day no definitive reason outside rare virus / rare pnemonia

multiple procedures, crazy stories, 3weeks, and a surgery that resulted in a 73 staple wound, i went home 20lbs lighter

was told 6months, i really had no drive, and took a good 18months before i 'really' went back, was soft as shit and wore sweaters for 2months lol......many times i thought the gym was a phase that had passed

172_16635635316_5894_n.jpg

Established Member Feedback Score 0 BoneDaddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How'd ya get back on that horse, D?

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first "gym interference" came at a time that I wasn't that serious with the gym. I had some type of heart issue, which scared the hell out of me, especially since I was ~18. I had random hits of a strong chest tension, exactly in the area of my heart. The pain lasted mere seconds, but was strong enough for me to literally drop twice (luckily both times was in a home (at the time gf's house)). I had visited a cardiologist after that gf threatened to call one herself (I was a stubburn kid at the time). Multiple heart tests later and nothing found. Doctor was dumbfounded, and basically just wanted to monitor it over time. Slowly it went away and never returned, but I was a bit freaked at the time. Interestingly enough he had asked me twice if I had any history of cocaine usage, which made me laugh because it was the same thing my dad was asked when he ended up in the hospital for heart issues. Of course, the answer was no.

Luckily I haven't had anything that serious since (in terms of interfering with gym), just small wrist and shoulder injuries which required minimal time off.

I had some issue with rapid weight loss as a response to medication, but I overcame that by learning not to be a pussy and forcing myself to eat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    How'd ya get back on that horse, D?
    about a year and some later, gf was off to spinning, just looked at me and said, 'you dont do anything, all you fkn do is ps3, you used to play ball, workout, now nothing'...........bumped into someone hours later and asked 'man you looking big, still working out?' (i was big, but fkn round i tell you, baggy sweater hid it.....so i went back, after couple weeks felt better n better, ditched the sweater once i got the pot down......i think i was at it a good year before i discovered pp and tried the tbol lv, first ph in a few years, did epi the summer prior to the lung shit.......havent stopped much since, altho varying degrees of dedication.....the scar fucks up the details in my right side, but what can you do

tbh, it got bad enough where my only exercise as i realized i got chubby, was stationary bike in the tv room while i played poker on the ps3.....fkn sad hahah....i was ready to be happy being a near 30yr old, 175lb in shape kinda dude, really thought weights was a phase

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    My first "gym interference" came at a time that I wasn't that serious with the gym. I had some type of heart issue, which scared the hell out of me, especially since I was ~18. I had random hits of a strong chest tension, exactly in the area of my heart. The pain lasted mere seconds, but was strong enough for me to literally drop twice (luckily both times was in a home (at the time gf's house)). I had visited a cardiologist after that gf threatened to call one herself (I was a stubburn kid at the time). Multiple heart tests later and nothing found. Doctor was dumbfounded, and basically just wanted to monitor it over time. Slowly it went away and never returned, but I was a bit freaked at the time. Interestingly enough he had asked me twice if I had any history of cocaine usage, which made me laugh because it was the same thing my dad was asked when he ended up in the hospital for heart issues. Of course, the answer was no.

Luckily I haven't had anything that serious since (in terms of interfering with gym), just small wrist and shoulder injuries which required minimal time off.

I had some issue with rapid weight loss as a response to medication, but I overcame that by learning not to be a pussy and forcing myself to eat.
    the heart is the last organ id wanna fk with, i take that into consideration whenever i 'supplement' my body
    i remember the wrist thing, that was pretty shitty too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    the heart is the last organ id wanna fk with, i take that into consideration whenever i 'supplement' my body
    i remember the wrist thing, that was pretty shitty too
    What was odd is the doctor gave me a ton of tests (I had zero understanding of anything health related, so I could not recall which tests), and everything came back 100% perfect. He was convinced that the pain was unrelated to the heart and actually just coincidentally in the same location. Either way, your advice is definitely one I consider.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^after a week of the pain, which i thought was muscle related i went to the ER after i had what i thought was a heart attack, it was that massive an attack.....bp was 190/something i remember when i went to triage.....well i waited 7hrs to be seen but a fkn doctor with his 1800s med bag, checked my LUNGS, and said it was a cold, i was fine and go home n take fkn advil.......i went to the mtl general the next day, was forced by my girl, they hooked me up to shit inside 30-45min, found out later in the week my lung had shrunk to 15% of its size, but the other loser checked and said they were fine.............moral of the story, doctors can be fkn retarded alot of the time...........so its very possible your heart issue wasnt a heart issue, but alarming he did not continue to look for the cause of the pains.........i always thought that 'chest pain' complaint when going to ER was something they took serious regardless of what it may or may not be

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mr_math's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^after a week of the pain, which i thought was muscle related i went to the ER after i had what i thought was a heart attack, it was that massive an attack.....bp was 190/something i remember when i went to triage.....well i waited 7hrs to be seen but a fkn doctor with his 1800s med bag, checked my LUNGS, and said it was a cold, i was fine and go home n take fkn advil.......i went to the mtl general the next day, was forced by my girl, they hooked me up to shit inside 30-45min, found out later in the week my lung had shrunk to 15% of its size, but the other loser checked and said they were fine.............moral of the story, doctors can be fkn retarded alot of the time...........so its very possible your heart issue wasnt a heart issue, but alarming he did not continue to look for the cause of the pains.........i always thought that 'chest pain' complaint when going to ER was something they took serious regardless of what it may or may not be

Holy hell dj. I don't even know where to start... That's a pretty legit inspiration. Did your trachea shift at all to the side of the good lung??? Gotta love that Canadian healthcare...(kidding, of course).

Glad that shit subsided and you got back into the gym.

H2S I feel your pain buddy. When I got diagnosed with hypertension I didn't want to believe it. I used to go on a run and be a few miles out from the barracks on base and my chest would start to ache and hurt. I also would get a(what I know now as a cramp) pain up near my armpit on my left side... Scared me. Freaked me out and happened pretty frequently. Had to keep going to medical for ekgs and BP testing on the regular.

Started my bp meds. Which didnt work, switched coasts and saw a new doc in SD. New bp meds had me alllllll fuct up. Almost passed out in the gym a few times. Couldn't keep the wiener up at all at 23!!! Horrible. New meds. Soon as I got comfy on those, the dose was too high and back to square 1. Then new duty station.... Had me doing more ekgs, ecgs, found my murmur which isn't bad in anyway. Did 24hr bp test, heart monitor for 2 wks etc. then it's just like yeah, you have high bp. That's all..... It's scary to go through all that and second guess everything you do for that fear....
    Use code MEM1153 for a discount on your TrueNutrition.com orders.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Comeback from injury

Inspirational comebacks from a state where you think you might die.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Inspirational comebacks from a state where you think you might die.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    i was told i was dying lmfao, after the fact of course.......
    catheter when i woke up (shit fkn pulls when you go for your walk)(when its pulled out, it burns so much you get horny, no jk)
    lung tap that didnt work
    iv in my foot one night because dumb nurse squeezed a sac into my arm in 5min thus infecting it
    shitting into a bedpan, very unbecoming
    hallucinations from the epidural drip i was on (squirrels on my head, seeing my gf mount me)
    pic line to replace iv
    alot of jello
    doctors with the same stupid qs the first week trying to figure out the issue(this one, fk her lips were chapped, n had the white buildup in the side of her mouth)
    ect

and yes, medicare is great......wife's sister's bf just had knee done, 80k, still paid 9k premium off his insurance.....when he heard my story he asked how much.....guessing 250k bill, told him 0, n my card had expired too.....so for you americans who knock obama, you wont the day you actually fkn need it

n no math, no shift, was put on respirator for few days, oddly i didnt want it as i was able to breathe ok on my own, with the 1.2 lungs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    you think you might die.
    the last time i barebacked you i heard you murmur that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and yes, medicare is great......wife's sister's bf just had knee done, 80k, still paid 9k premium off his insurance.....when he heard my story he asked how much.....guessing 250k bill, told him 0, n my card had expired too.....so for you americans who knock obama, you wont the day you actually fkn need it
    But bro, you live in Canada, that means you can't see any doctors ever, even if you are dieing they tell you to come back in 10 years. I know a cousin's uncle's brother who once ate at a diner with a guy who knew a canadian that said they hate their universal health insurance. Obama just wants the rich person's money so the poor can get brand new cars.

/sarcasm.