Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My journey to the promised land

Hey all,

Glad to find this community of guys who accomplish their goals and don't let anything stand in their way. Hope to be a valuable asset to this board, as I've been lurking for awhile now. I'll spare you the spill, I'm one of "those guys", and got to that state by using Saw Palmetto for a month and a half. My symptoms and situation are very similar to what Freepressright on this board went through with Fenugreek. I've been off for three months now, and while I've seen some natural improvement in those months, I've always been a fan of taking things into my own hands, and decided a few weeks ago to embark on the quest of Cdsnuts' routine.

I decided to register on this forum to interact and become one of you guys, because I was tired of sitting on the other boards dedicated to "our cause" and listening to naysayers and people grasp at thirty different ideas each week, and find a place that people stick to what works and accomplish their goals through hard work, whether it be recovering from PFS or accomplishing weightlifting/body building goals. I've always preached that you become what you associate with, and I believe my chances of succeeding in what I want will be much better from having you guys over here to talk to. I won't bombard your board with a bunch of PFS-related posts, just wanted to introduce myself and what I'm going through - any support and or advice you have for me would be greatly appreciated, as I'm still a little fresh to this subject.

A little about myself, I've Been a football/baseball player my entire life, and have worked out regularly since the age of 15. I've been a winner and found much success in all of these arenas, because I understand the hard work, dedication, and discipline required to be a winner. I plan to translate this to my recovery here. I have a wonderful girlfriend, whom I plan to marry soon, and she deserves the best me I can give her, and that's just what she'll get. Success is my only option here - just how I like it.

My routine so far has included:

- Intermittent water fasting. I didn't do a whole long water fast because I don't believe my case is as bad as others. I have the energy to workout 6x weekly with weights and running 2-3x weekly and my body has responded to it. I put on muscle and it doesn't "crash" me.
    - Cycling t-boosters/herbs. I have about 11 of the ones on Cdsnuts list that I rotate daily. Planning on moving up to 14 soon to have a full two week cycle.
    - Working out 6x weekly and running HIIT sprints 2-3x weekly.
    - Getting 7-8 hours sleep a night minimum.
    - Meditation to relax the mind.
    - Most importantly, keeping a positive mindset and not letting the doom and gloom get me down.

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you guys, like I said any advice or support is greatly appreciated. Hope we all have a ton of success accomplishing our goals. Lets get to work.
    Last edited by Maxout777; 07-28-2016 at 09:33 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, had some blood work done close to a month ago now before starting the current protocol. (I don't put a lot of stock in bloods, but here they are in case someone can possibly interpret what else could be going on):

Total T: 463 ng/dl (348-1197)
    Free T: 12.8 pg/ml (9.3-26.5)
    Estradiol: 14.5 pg/ml (7.6-42.6)
    DHEA-S: 365.1 ug/dl (14.3-530.5)
    SHBG: 25.3 nmol/L (16.5-55.9)
    DHT: 30 ng/dL (Range: 30-85 ng/dL)
    LH: 5.9 mIU/mL (1.7-8.6)
    FSH: 11.9 mIU/mL (1.5-12.4)

Established Member Feedback Score 0 WesleyInman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum
    National Sponsored Lightweight Strongman Competitor
    Prescription Nutrition Athlete and TEAM REP

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyInman View Post
    Welcome to the forum
    Thanks Wes, glad to be here!

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Hey all,

Glad to find this community of guys who accomplish their goals and don't let anything stand in their way. Hope to be a valuable asset to this board, as I've been lurking for awhile now. I'll spare you the spill, I'm one of "those guys", and got to that state by using Saw Palmetto for a month and a half. My symptoms and situation are very similar to what Freepressright on this board went through with Fenugreek. I've been off for three months now, and while I've seen some natural improvement in those months, I've always been a fan of taking things into my own hands, and decided a few weeks ago to embark on the quest of Cdsnuts' routine.

I decided to register on this forum to interact and become one of you guys, because I was tired of sitting on the other boards dedicated to "our cause" and listening to naysayers and people grasp at thirty different ideas each week, and find a place that people stick to what works and accomplish their goals through hard work, whether it be recovering from PFS or accomplishing weightlifting/body building goals. I've always preached that you become what you associate with, and I believe my chances of succeeding in what I want will be much better from having you guys over here to talk to. I won't bombard your board with a bunch of PFS-related posts, just wanted to introduce myself and what I'm going through - any support and or advice you have for me would be greatly appreciated, as I'm still a little fresh to this subject.

A little about myself, I'm 25, have a good stable job in cybersecurity. Been a football/baseball player my entire life, and have worked out regularly since the age of 15. I've been a winner and found much success in all of these arenas, because I understand the hard work, dedication, and discipline required to be a winner. I plan to translate this to my recovery here. I have a wonderful girlfriend, whom I plan to marry soon, and she deserves the best me I can give her, and that's just what she'll get. Success is my only option here - just how I like it.

My routine so far has included:

- Intermittent water fasting. I didn't do a whole long water fast because I don't believe my case is as bad as others. I have the energy to workout 6x weekly with weights and running 2-3x weekly and my body has responded to it. I put on muscle and it doesn't "crash" me.
    - Cycling t-boosters/herbs. I have about 11 of the ones on Cdsnuts list that I rotate daily. Planning on moving up to 14 soon to have a full two week cycle.
    - Working out 6x weekly and running HIIT sprints 2-3x weekly.
    - Getting 7-8 hours sleep a night minimum.
    - Meditation to relax the mind.
    - Most importantly, keeping a positive mindset and not letting the doom and gloom get me down.

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you guys, like I said any advice or support is greatly appreciated. Hope we all have a ton of success accomplishing our goals. Lets get to work.
    -
    Welcome.

Sounds like you got it locked down. Just keep at it. It's nothing to get through.......this is just your way of life now.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Welcome.

Sounds like you got it locked down. Just keep at it. It's nothing to get through.......this is just your way of life now.
    Thanks man, glad to be here. Forgot to throw in that of course I'm doing a paleo style diet too. Just wanted to make sure I had all my ducks in a row from researching before I hopped in here with you guys.

Thanks again for giving guys like me the outline we need to get back, you're a huge inspiration to me.

Administrator Feedback Score 1 (100%) SoCal-Nutrition's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome!
    www.SoCal-Nutrition.com
    Use Coupon code SWOLE5 to save 5% on all orders
    Prescription Nutrition Now Available!

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Also, had some blood work done close to a month ago now before starting the current protocol. (I don't put a lot of stock in bloods, but here they are in case someone can possibly interpret what else could be going on):

Total T: 463 ng/dl (348-1197)
    Free T: 12.8 pg/ml (9.3-26.5)
    Estradiol: 14.5 pg/ml (7.6-42.6)
    DHEA-S: 365.1 ug/dl (14.3-530.5)
    SHBG: 25.3 nmol/L (16.5-55.9)
    DHT: 30 ng/dL (Range: 30-85 ng/dL)
    LH: 5.9 mIU/mL (1.7-8.6)
    FSH: 11.9 mIU/mL (1.5-12.4)
    Hey fella,

First up, welcome to the forum. Like CD says, you've been pretty much got it sorted.

I just want to add regards your bloods, your LH is quite high considering your free T level, and there's a recovered scientist kind of guy "Josh" who talks alot of sense in his articles within this link regards calcium and magnesium issues in pfs guys that struggle to convert good LH numbers into T. It is very easy to remedy it, have a read (you must scroll right to the bottom to see the next article of 5 i think) and you should also take not of his articles on inflammation in the gut. You can ignore the thryroid article as you wouldn't be performing as you are physically if you needed thryroid meds. Also, when taking magnesium, always co-factor it with calcium, and always take the glycinate version predominently, other types are poorly absorbed and tolerated:
    Post-Finasteride Syndrome Recovery: How to reduce gut inflammation PFS Healing

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Hey fella,

First up, welcome to the forum. Like CD says, you've been pretty much got it sorted.

I just want to add regards your bloods, your LH is quite high considering your free T level, and there's a recovered scientist kind of guy "Josh" who talks alot of sense in his articles within this link regards calcium and magnesium issues in pfs guys that struggle to convert good LH numbers into T. It is very easy to remedy it, have a read (you must scroll right to the bottom to see the next article of 5 i think) and you should also take not of his articles on inflammation in the gut. You can ignore the thryroid article as you wouldn't be performing as you are physically if you needed thryroid meds. Also, when taking magnesium, always co-factor it with calcium, and always take the glycinate version predominently, other types are poorly absorbed and tolerated:
    Thanks for the article, I'm going to take a look at it.

This LH level was taken about a month after those T levels, and I was already taking Tongkat Ali and Tribulus, so I have a feeling that may have thrown it off. My original LH with those T levels was 3.7. Would that make more sense with my levels?

Gonna do a dig of that article and see what I can tailor around myself. Thanks again for the information!

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Hey fella,

IMO the best place to get magnesium and calcium that are properly paired and are more importantly, bio available is in the form of dark green juices or smoothies as an addition to your diet. Something to keep in mind. Get in a large green smoothie or juice daily and you will more than satisfy this need.

Another fantastic benefit to magnesium is that it increases testosterone by binding to SHBG. It directly increases your free testosterone levels. Among the hundreds of important things the mineral does in the body, this to me is one of the most exciting.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"