Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My journey to the promised land

Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    It definitely does effect a lot. The gut health aspect is something that I wish was more discussed here. The juice feast helps out a lot with inflammation, but lots of people have tested positive for bacterial overgrowths/dysbiosis. Myself included. A juice feast and going paleo isn't necessarily going to fix these types of problems. SIBO, candida, ect have their own unique protocols and pfs like symptoms.

Your approach is excellent for the hormonal aspects that need to be addressed, but I think gut health (for my own case & likely others) is critical & maybe is the #1 thing that determines how the downstream effects of 5ar inhibition manifest themselves in different people.

One personal thing that supports this is that my gut was in awful shape before even starting fin. I was having bloody diarrhea 5-10 times per day, and I could tell just 2 days after quitting that I was crashing. Just 5 days after quitting was the toughest day I've had... from what I've gathered, this is a time table that is greatly accelerated when compared to most. Almost like your gut health is what props up your system and keeps it from crashing?

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.
    FWIW, my gut was in shit shape before SP too. Matter of fact I had my gallbladder removed a month or so before crashing. Could be coincidental but who knows.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    FWIW, my gut was in shit shape before SP too. Matter of fact I had my gallbladder removed a month or so before crashing. Could be coincidental but who knows.

My IBD that had been in full remission for 7 years flared up after a year of taking SP.

Possibly. Your gallbladder is in a small way responsible for hormones.. Gallbladder--bile--fats--cholesterol--hormones. The fact that you are doing so well now though suggests its not a big issue.

Do you take any sort of bile supplement like ox bile? I've considered it because of my liver issues.
    Last edited by DrivenToRecover; 01-04-2017 at 05:50 PM.
    Its only work until its routine

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My IBD that had been in full remission for 7 years flared up after a year of taking SP.

Possibly. Your gallbladder is in a small way responsilbe for hormones.. Gallbladder--bile--fats--cholesterol--hormones. The fact that you are doing so well now though suggests its not a big issue.

Do you take any sort of bile supplement like ox bile? I've considered it because of my liver issues.
    Nah, I've never taken anything bile related. It worried me at first that not having a gallbladder and a bad gut would set me back in recovery but I've had no major road blocks.

Never Quit.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It definitely does effect a lot. The gut health aspect is something that I wish was more discussed here. The juice feast helps out a lot with inflammation, but lots of people have tested positive for bacterial overgrowths/dysbiosis. Myself included. A juice feast and going paleo isn't necessarily going to fix these types of problems. SIBO, candida, ect have their own unique protocols and pfs like symptoms.

Your approach is excellent for the hormonal aspects that need to be addressed, but I think gut health (for my own case & likely others) is critical & maybe is the #1 thing that determines how the downstream effects of 5ar inhibition manifest themselves in different people.

One personal thing that supports this is that my gut was in awful shape before even starting fin. I was having bloody diarrhea 5-10 times per day, and I could tell just 2 days after quitting that I was crashing. Just 5 days after quitting was the toughest day I've had... from what I've gathered, this is a time table that is greatly accelerated when compared to most. Almost like your gut health is what props up your system and keeps it from crashing?

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.
    Gut health is huge....I'm sure you've heard of the gut brain connection, or the gut being considered the "second brain" of your body. It's also the "engine" that keeps your system running. Sluggish digestion leads to sluggish waste elimination which leads to a sluggish person. But I disagree with the gut being a major player for MOST people. I've talked to alot of guys and some have stomach issues and some don't...at all. I never did. It's typically hormonal or mental 95% of the time and usually a blend of both. And, honestly, you went into PFS with pre existing health conditions that are stand alone above all else.

In a "normal" guy, a long water fast or extended juice feast will address the gut concerns 100%. Along for detox purposes, that is the other reason they're part of the deal. Gut biome completely changes for the better after a fast and candida is all but eliminated. You just have to go long enough.

Unfortunately, for you....and don't take this the wrong way....you're compromised because of your use of pharmaceuticals and pre-existing health state going into PFS. The number one thing I tell everyone, is that this program is about taking your health to the next level to facilitate an increased healing response which happens over time.

It's really hard to "get clean" when you're still taking the pharms. I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but it is what it is.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey CD. How long would you say is a good length on a juice feast. I'm on day 11 so far on mine and will go far 21 days. Wondering if you think that is good enough. I can go longer the feast is not really hard at all to do. Just not working out is killing me. I will do one or two more juice feast during the year. After the feast I will do the herb cycle. I have 10 of the herbs all from lost empire. I will get five more next week. Just need to get the herbs like trib and suma root and a few others that lost empire don't have from somewhere else.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmoore View Post
    Hey CD. How long would you say is a good length on a juice feast. I'm on day 11 so far on mine and will go far 21 days. Wondering if you think that is good enough. I can go longer the feast is not really hard at all to do. Just not working out is killing me. I will do one or two more juice feast during the year. After the feast I will do the herb cycle. I have 10 of the herbs all from lost empire. I will get five more next week. Just need to get the herbs like trib and suma root and a few others that lost empire don't have from somewhere else.
    The longer you go on the feast, the better the results will be. Especially if your hit really hard. You're better off getting a good one in there as opposed to feasting....building back up.....feasting again, losing what you built, only to have to build it back up again, etc. Sometimes you're going to have to do that. Other times one good cleanse will do the job. It's different depending on your condition.

Yes, feasting is easy compared to water fasting and yet you still get great results.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick tidbit, I've never been sick during my run with PFS, and today I woke up feeling like shit with a fever (no PFS feeling like shit symptoms). I've also read most folks with PFS never get sick. Guess this is good news for me lol.

Guess theres some optimism in being sick. Tear em up this weekend boys....I'll be laid up.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to update this, with the exception of a little twist to my member, flaky libido, and eye floaters, I'm fully recovered from what I consider PFS. These are still coming and going in waves for the most part so I don't think it'll be too much longer before I can write the final chapter....I'd say operating around 90%.....And that's around 10 months or so on the protocol now? Just to give you new guys hope, it's so easy to do once you make it routine. I don't even consider myself to be doin anything other than living at this point.

Stick at it, you'll all be there soon too.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Just wanted to update this, with the exception of a little twist to my member, flaky libido, and eye floaters, I'm fully recovered from what I consider PFS. These are still coming and going in waves for the most part so I don't think it'll be too much longer before I can write the final chapter....I'd say operating around 90%.....And that's around 10 months or so on the protocol now? Just to give you new guys hope, it's so easy to do once you make it routine. I don't even consider myself to be doin anything other than living at this point.

Stick at it, you'll all be there soon too.
    Congratulations max out... But I knew from the beginning you had the tenacity to see it through. This doesn't surprise me one bit.

Now the fun part starts where you'll start to go above and beyond what you were before you got hit with PFS. This is when things start to get really good.

Great job man.

What are your thoughts on me making a recovery sticky in the PFS section?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 02-21-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Congratulations max out... But I knew from the beginning you had the tenacity to see it through. This doesn't surprise me one bit.

Now the fun part starts where you'll start to go above and beyond what you were before you got hit with PFS. This is when things start to get really good.

Great job man.

What are your thoughts on me making a recovery sticky in the PFS section?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Thanks brother, LITERALLY couldn't have done it with out you lol.

I'd think that's an awesome idea. Considering prop help doesn't seem to accept new recovery posts anyway. Works for me. Would probably help others here when they first arrive too.

Never Quit.