User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Heart Health

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steer clear of deca. It's been shown to increase collagen synthesis in cardiac muscle which in turn makes the heart muscle more rigid (not a good thing).

There are some ways to combat this but it involves the use of prescription medications which have their own set of side effects and aren't really good to take for the average user unless they have some medical knowledge.

But if you are natural, then cardio! As rodja says.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    I have yet to see the ingredient profile, but I have not been disappointed by AL yet. We shall see.
    I wasn't talking about Antaeus Labs here, just to be clear. I'm sure their product will be top notch. I mean every other me too cycle support product on the market.

edit: I guess I jumped ahead of the OP and assumed this thread was about cycle support. my bad. If we're talking things for general cardio support, I would be doing the following:
    o Low omega 6, high omega 3 diet
    o Little to no refined sugar; tightly control high GI foods and limit according to activity levels
    o Consume a broad array of phytochemicals coming from such foods as: onions, garlic, tea, grapes, cruciferous veggies, berries, apples, yellow and orange vegetables, exotic superfruits
    o Supplement with vitamin D, vitamin K, magnesium, quality fish oil and gram doses of vitamin C
    o If the above fails to lower inflammation and CRP, add N-acetyl L-cysteine and full spectrum vitamin E with coenzyme Q10. others to consider are tea flavonoids and sytrinol
    o Lower homocysteine levels. this may require all: methylcobalamin, methylfolate, B6, trimethylglycine
    o For blood lipid levels supplement regular flushing niacin or non-flushing inositol hexanicotinate
    o For predisposition to clotting take nattokinase or baby aspirin
    o For congestive heart failure, supplement hawthorne

o Avoid long marathon cardio sessions
    Last edited by pman42; 11-27-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    I am fairly sure that the new AL product, although a rounded support supplement, is very heavy on heart health. I have not seen the formula yet though.
    interested, never used any of their stuff, sadly only resold
    i have some aegis on the way to try , and the heart product id grab as well

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pman42 View Post
    The thing with a lot of these "cycle support" products is that they have garbage quality ingredients. I was looking at one recently and it had saw palmetto berries, hawthorn berries, and celery seed-- no extracts. With raw herb not extracted and standardized to active components, it would take a LOT of capsules to get enough of the active component to make a difference.

Vitamin C is a really underutilized supp I think. It has pluripotent effects on BP, liver function, cortisol/testosterone production, and more.
    agree with all of this

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pman42 View Post
    I wasn't talking about Antaeus Labs here, just to be clear. I'm sure their product will be top notch. I mean every other me too cycle support product on the market.

edit: I guess I jumped ahead of the OP and assumed this thread was about cycle support. my bad. If we're talking things for general cardio support, I would be doing the following:
    o Low omega 6, high omega 3 diet
    o Little to no refined sugar; tightly control high GI foods and limit according to activity levels
    o Consume a broad array of phytochemicals coming from such foods as: onions, garlic, tea, grapes, cruciferous veggies, berries, apples, yellow and orange vegetables, exotic superfruits
    o Supplement with vitamin D, vitamin K, magnesium, quality fish oil and gram doses of vitamin C
    o If the above fails to lower inflammation and CRP, add N-acetyl L-cysteine and full spectrum vitamin E with coenzyme Q10. others to consider are tea flavonoids and sytrinol
    o Lower homocysteine levels. this may require all: methylcobalamin, methylfolate, B6, trimethylglycine
    o For blood lipid levels supplement regular flushing niacin or non-flushing inositol hexanicotinate
    o For predisposition to clotting take nattokinase or baby aspirin
    o For congestive heart failure, supplement hawthorne

o Avoid long marathon cardio sessions
    I agree with this, only I would add that all supplements should be in moderate doses. In high doses sometimes you get undesirable effect, some vitamins became toxic or have other side-effect, or antioxidant became oxidants etc... other problem is that too much of one vitamin can cause depletion of another- for example too much zinc can deplete magnesium, too much magnesium depletes zinc, you can get similar effect with vitamin c and e, and also when you add zinc and iron you need to add some copper, and when adding zinc and copper they need to be in exact ratio...
    I've seen on pp forum people supplementing with 20000 IU of vitamin D, and I think these practices are absurd, and if anything they can cause harm.
    Last edited by Jelisej; 11-27-2012 at 07:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    holy shit 20000iu hahah
    ill do 2-4k ed, but 20k damn

agreed more isnt always better, just head - more is better

Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    holy shit 20000iu hahah
    ill do 2-4k ed, but 20k damn

agreed more isnt always better, just head - more is better
    I take around 10-12k iu Vitamin D a day during the winter.

10-15 minutes of sun exposure can produce 3,000 - 20,000 iu depending on intensity of the sunlight (from what I've read). So I just take it during the winter when the sun is a bitch.
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    learn something all the time
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post

10-15 minutes of sun exposure can produce 3,000 - 20,000 iu depending on intensity of the sunlight (from what I've read). So I just take it during the winter when the sun is a bitch.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mr_math's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post

Live on 10k at the least here in the Nw. Number 1 reason for seasonal depression up here. Also ensure I get enough calcium to absorb as much as possible.

True on the sun delivering the D. Body just has to activate it. Too bad we don't see it much up here.
    Use code MEM1153 for a discount on your TrueNutrition.com orders.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been getting dark at like 4:30pm up here. Sucks big time.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mr_math's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    It's been getting dark at like 4:30pm up here. Sucks big time.
    Lol. Yep. Keep forgetting its 5 and not 9. Haha.
    Use code MEM1153 for a discount on your TrueNutrition.com orders.