User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Heart Health

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like my heart is loving all the SA topical I've used over the years!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think resveratrol research on mammals faild to prove benefits regarding longevity. I may be wrong though, cant find any studies.
    HTS- I boosted my testosterone with 500 IU vitamin D, others used around 1000 IU, sometimes 2000 rarely I've seen over 2000 IU. Bloodworks showed up to 150 ng/dl increase in tt levels.
    Last edited by Jelisej; 02-21-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    Great post Infamy, couple questions:

1. I have completely sworn off all forms of multi vitamins for some time now. I was investigating them alot to find "the best" and concluded with "don't bother, improve diet." With that said, I still choose certain individual Vitamins that I do choose to use, and a D/K combo is part of that decision. What amounts of Vitamin D do you consider an excess? (Let's assume off cycle). I am currently take 5000iu probably EOD (Up to about 2 months ago, was ED). Are we looking at too much in your opinion?

2. Now lets switch back to "on cycle." At what point should supplementation cease when approaching a cycle. Is it advisable to simply stop once the cycle begins, or would someone want to cease usage for some time prior? When would be an appropriate time in your opinion to resume supplementation.
    I'm not sure it's possible to answer those questions as it would depend on the starting levels of the vitamins in the individual, the individuals personal metabolism of them and whether they are water soluble vitamins or fat soluble.

For example someone supplementing with vit d that still has low levels in their blood could probably stop it the day before cycle and be ok. On the other hand someone with already elevated vit d levels may need a few months to let it clear the system.

Water soluble vitamins are easier as they should clear quicker so a few week off them would probably be enough. But they don't pose as much risk on cycle as things like vitamin d.

Iron is another good example, the body has no effective way of clearing excess iron so if you've overdosed on it it may take months to clear it.

Off cycle, the amount of vit d needed is a point of heated debate! I don't pretend I have the definitive answer but I think the best option is to take say 2500iu a day and get your levels tested after a few months, if they are getting too high, titrate the dose accordingly. And so on. I personally think 2509iu a day is a lot so I wouldn't think you should need more than that unless you are clinically deficient.

Multi vitamins are a problem generally, I agree with jel who posted earlier about the competition between minerals (eg too much zinc can lead to a copper deficiency, vitamin e reduces vit c levels, zinc uptake is blocked if taken at the same time as calcium etc etc). So taking a multi every day can actually cause a mineral or vitamin imbalance and cause problem rather than helping!

In summary, if you want to know whether your vitamin d level is low enough to start a cycle - get it checked. Likewise off cycke, if you want to make sure you take enough vit d but not too much - get checked.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    Wouldn't taking resver (SA or something similar) do the same thing? Just curious...
    Yes, in fact the research not only backs it up but my own blood work did as well

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    I think i'm going to dedicate myself to adopt a more calming, less stressfull and more fullfilling lifestyle in 2013. Stress management is probably the most under-rated thing you can do to take care of your heart and your health. Eating more cold fish and more veggis for the lipids is a must do for me as well.
    I'm doing the same right now and I can tell you its real!!
    I've been letting little shit just go and not bother me and I can actually tell you I feel better than I ever have.
    It's funny because as I type this my body feels different almost like it want to come out of its skin and I feel it just stress leaving my body!!
    The more you talk about things and get it out and off your chest the easier it be to let new stresses or problems go.

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking at one recently and it had saw palmetto berries, hawthorn berries, and celery seed-- no extracts. With raw herb not extracted and standardized to active components.Des Moines Wrestling
    Last edited by reeviint; 02-02-2013 at 12:19 AM.
    reeviint

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Avl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive used up to 15k iu of D - ive heard 15-20 is a decent amount, cant remember the source though- and if its with flax or olive oil in the cap its supposed to be better. mark bell from supertraining just posted something saying he takes A TON, like 50k of D a day in the winter along with a lot of C to stay healthy.

egg came first- from a bird that wasnt a chicken.

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) Coolazice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which one of the many useful posts in this thread are you referring to, John?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Fat Bill Dwyer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I shouldn't feed the trolls but... ^Pretty sure this dude is Kim Jong Un using google translate.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heart Health

john is legit, i vouch for him