Thread: Heart Health

Hybrid View

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    I am not sure he is stating anything concrete there though, it states why a poor hormonal situation could drive down Vitamin D levels, but he doesn't directly state if there is a RDA to Vitamin D intake. My point is it very well could be the other way around. I have no idea to be honest, in a random sample of 100 people with low vitamin d and low testosterone or endocrine function, you could possibly have a 50/50 cause-effect difference. I think my prior post implies too much emphasis on the Vitamin D in particular (although some emphasis was purposely displayed). My point is that poor nutrition in general, vitamin D being a strong participant, can be the cause of low endocrine function as well. So it is hard to say that the poor hormonal function always comes first to deficiencies in any vitamin.

P.S. Where did your Chicken come from, lol.
    Ah, I dont disagree with you, in my previous post maybe I sounded as I critisised you, but thats incorrect, you do deserve a lot of credit for finding some good studies.

AS FOR TOPIC- definitely vitamin d- and hormones deficiency correlation can go both ways, (after all vit d is also hormone) only I think its slightly less common that vit d deficiency causes hormonal deficiency than other way round- this is asuming that vit d intake was adequate (if we take people with inadequate vit d "consumption" in account as well- than numbers will point other way round). As for study- it is good study, but unfortunately it does not tell us more- why were subject deficient of vit d. why did they use 3.3 K of vit d (not more or less?) and when did both vit d and test, start raising and where it platoed, what happened afterwoods.
    I've seen that people get boost of up to 150 ng/dl of tt, and it was shorter period than year, and I dont recall dosage, though I'm pretty sure it was less than 5k.

As for Kruse, I dont rate him that highly myself, only I found this few lines very informative

P.S.- chicken came from amoeba
    Last edited by Jelisej; 11-29-2012 at 06:28 AM.