Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heart Health

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heart Health

A topic i'm highly interested in, as I do not want to croak via a heart attack. Any current regiments including certain foods and supplements, that help you maintain good heart health? Anything you avoid as well is worth mentioning too.

Currently I am trying to become more proficient in how I deal internally with stress. People who live longer lives usually smile more and give less of a fuck. I remember hearing that Randy Couture is healthier because he internalizes stress very well, he is laid back in his thinking and reactions.

Another topic related to this, is Inflammation. We want some inflammation to grow muscle, but can we have low levels of it, and still develope a healthy body and good physique?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good thread, I would like to know more about these topic as well.

In my opinion- growth hormone is important in heart health- so GHRP-s are helpful there, also thymosin beta 4 may be helpful but more research needs there. Decent testosterone and other hormone levels are also good for heart, and they also make you more resistant to stress.
    Magnesium is very helpful and can prevent heart attack.
    Stress is number 1 killer, in my opinion, but dealing with it and managing stress is quite difficult. I adopted some ideas from some religions like Taoism, Zen- basically they all teach you to "give less fuck". I tried some calming and meditating techniques but I just dont have nerves for that.
    I think good lifestyle and reduced stress will also reduce inflammation in our body, which will contribute to overall health.

Magnesium – the Ultimate Heart Medicine | Dr. Sircus
    Last edited by Jelisej; 03-03-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think i'm going to dedicate myself to adopt a more calming, less stressfull and more fullfilling lifestyle in 2013. Stress management is probably the most under-rated thing you can do to take care of your heart and your health. Eating more cold fish and more veggis for the lipids is a must do for me as well.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inflammation is an umbrella term as there are many, many different pathways it can occur. Systemic, wholebody inflammation is the enemy here, not some DOMS.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am fairly sure that the new AL product, although a rounded support supplement, is very heavy on heart health. I have not seen the formula yet though.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing with a lot of these "cycle support" products is that they have garbage quality ingredients. I was looking at one recently and it had saw palmetto berries, hawthorn berries, and celery seed-- no extracts. With raw herb not extracted and standardized to active components, it would take a LOT of capsules to get enough of the active component to make a difference.

Vitamin C is a really underutilized supp I think. It has pluripotent effects on BP, liver function, cortisol/testosterone production, and more.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Heart Health

Vitamin E has great heart benefits at 400 mg/day. Resveratrol, one of the actives in red wine, also has great heart health benefits. Fish oil with its EPA/DHA also is a great heart product.

The (bad) inflammatory effect Noa was referring to is something that most commonly occurs upon ingestion of refined carbohydrates. The arterial walls get inflamed and the body's response is coating those walls over time-- with plaque.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing with a lot of these "cycle support" products is that they have garbage quality ingredients. I was looking at one recently and it had saw palmetto berries, hawthorn berries, and celery seed-- no extracts. With raw herb not extracted and standardized to active components, it would take a LOT of capsules to get enough of the active component to make a difference.

Vitamin C is a really underutilized supp I think. It has pluripotent effects on BP, liver function, cortisol/testosterone production, and more.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pman42 View Post

I have yet to see the ingredient profile, but I have not been disappointed by AL yet. We shall see.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the things that I always employ:
    Low amounts of grains
    A neutral of negative PRAL
    CARDIO
    Moderate carb intake (I seldom exceed 250-300g)
    No wild fluctuations in weight
    M. Ed. Ex Phys