User Tag List

Thread: DIM & Broccoli

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DIM & Broccoli

Reading up on some healthy things to get into my diet, I came across consuming DIM through Broccoli:

"DIM is actually Diindolymethane, a phytochemical found in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cabbage varieties and cauliflower. It is not a testosterone booster per say, but an estrogen reducer. "

"It has potent effects on estrogen metabolism and is able to keep the body relatively balanced (by preventing either drastic increases or decreases in estrogen). In small amounts, it can both inhibit the aromatase enzyme (and prevent conversion of testosterone into estrogen) and it can act on more potent forms of estrogen and convert them into less potent forms; this conversion reduces the overall effects of estrogen in the body. "

So, I thought sounds great. I wonder if I can just add it to my daily green juice? Then I found this:

"Stay away from juicing raw cabbage, collards, bok choy, kale and broccoli. All cruciferous veggies are goitrogenic, meaning they contain substances that suppress thyroid function when consumed raw."

Now I'm wondering if I should even be consuming kale everyday... Any opinions on this? Would you be juicing kale and/or broccoli everyday?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Broccoli is fine when consumed in reasonable amounts. Make sure you have a need to suppress estrogen before you consume a shit ton of it though. If you're trying to do that, using a resveratrol supplement would be much easier.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, that's some good info about the resveratrol. I'm not really sure if I need to suppress my estrogen. I took arimidex once. My dick went really hard the day I took it and then got really messed up after that. It was almost like I cruised past the sweet spot. Anyway, my point is that when I took that arimidex, my estrogen was 39.5, which is the high end of normal.

I'll just continue on with what I;m doing and not worry about the estrogen for now.