User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help with blood tests

Hi guys, i am new to this forum. I experience health issues from finasteride for 3 years now and these are my last blood tests. Really interested on hearing your thoughts on them.

Out of range:
    Free testosterone 4,64 ng/dl (5,8-18)
    Cholesterol 225 mg/dl (<200)
    Ldl 162 mg/dl (<130)
    Sgot 37 iu/L (<35)
    Rdw cv 16 (11,5-14,5%)

Near the limit:
    Tsh 4,25 (0,27-4,7)
    Total testosterone 313 (249-836)
    Fsh 1,8 (1,5-12,4)
    Lh 2,2 (1,7-8,6)
    Blood glucose 71 (70-100)
    Calcium 10 (8,4-10,1)
    Mch 27 (26-32)

I am really concerned about the results i think it clearly indicates my health is in a poor state. Maybe hypogonadism and hypothyroidism are present here and there is definitely sth wrong with my liver function.
    I am going to show these to my endo but could use a little bit of insight from educated members.
    Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have your liver test results that you could post?

For me, clearly your thyroid is under pressure and your cholesterol levels need to come down.

I guess to get a full picture, we need to know the following:

1. Are you overweight?
    2. What is your diet like - do you have a lot of sugar, dairy and fried fatty foods?
    3. Do you exercise?
    4. What steps have you taken to address your health issues? Are you familiar with cdnuts' protocol and have you begun living his protocol, starting with the cleanse by way of a juice feast.

You've come to the right place - these guys are experts. But be prepared to work hard and lead a disciplined and dedicated life. Do everything they say and take all recommendations on board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply. The indication that my liver is malfunctioning is the sgot value which i posted under the out of range headline.
    I am 6 feet tall and i weigh 190 lbs. just a little bit overweight. I should weight 170 lbs according to my bodytype.
    My diet is very good with limited carb intake, mostly from sweet potatoes and fruits. No i dont eat sugar fried foods etc. its mostly clean.
    Funny thing is i live like an athlete, i exercise everyday intense cardio for one or two hour sessions and its going well.
    I ve tried many things in the past to resolve my situation with limited success.
    I am not aware of the protocol you're referring. Im going to check it out. How many people have recovered from it?
    I am willing to give everything i got to get over this. I am disciplined and i like hard work. The only problem is my limited resources when it comes to buying herbs and supplements.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First start would be getting down to 170 then to help your cholesterol. Have you always had high cholesterol? Do you have any previous bloods prior to fin to measure this against.

Search for cdnuts protocol here or in his recovery post on propecia help. English and others have recovered using it.

The first main thing you need to focus on is cleansing your system. Cdnuts does this by way of juice feasting for 7 days (14 days if you can do it).

Losing the extra weight will help your liver and cholesterol levels. The juice feasting will help with the weight too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My father takes medicine for high cholesterol since he was my age so i guess it runs in the family.
    I dont want to take medication though.. You can guess why.
    My endo wants to put me on trt and specifically nebido injections. I am thinking of doing so as low test shouldnt be left untreated even if i dont feel the effects like most people with pfs.
    I have libido but not what it used to be before the whole mess. Another thing that surprised me is that i can work out everyday while before fin i would get sore easily and take rest days.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't go with TRT. Messing with your hormones of that nature will probably set you back in the long run more than help.

Fast/cleanse => get your diet in check => cut down some on cardio and add more heavy weightlifting => cycle the herbs => calm your mind, lather, rinse, repeat.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is i cannot afford anything right now supplement wise. Not even a subscription to the gym. I have spent thousands on doctors tests and supplements in the past and now i cannot do it anymore. If i do a fast then i prefer water fasting for a week. I know my body and i am sure i ll drop 15 lbs if i do that.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    The problem is i cannot afford anything right now supplement wise. Not even a subscription to the gym. I have spent thousands on doctors tests and supplements in the past and now i cannot do it anymore. If i do a fast then i prefer water fasting for a week. I know my body and i am sure i ll drop 15 lbs if i do that.

While I completely understand that, TRT isn't free? You're going to be spending money to get that treatment....at least everyone I've ever known to use it has. With PFS, you'll be spending money much more efficiently by not wasting it on a treatment that has, to my knowledge, never worked or given any permanent relief.

Please don't take this as me being an ass, I'd rather see you put money toward something that will actually help you, since you're on a tight budget.

Last edited by Maxout777; 09-09-2016 at 03:10 PM.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nebido is 30 usd once every 10 weeks or sth like that. This i can afford. Low t troubles me it creates problems with other hormones as well especially thyroid and i suspect it has sth to do with iron levels

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    TRT is a dead end when it comes to PFS. You're just going to cause your self a whole host of other problems down the road, not to mention becoming a slave to the medical system and prescription pad.

I second the suggestion to cut way down on the cardio. You're adding way more stress hormones into the mix and you want to do the exact opposite of that.

You need to build yourself up, not suppress yourself even further by adding T shots. You should do some more reading on this site in regards to this.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"