Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    Some current bloods:

Attachment 1488
    Wow, liver enzymes are really up there? Do you notice any sides from it?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TubZy View Post
    Wow, liver enzymes are really up there? Do you notice any sides from it?
    My liver issues have only come post crash, so I haven't really been able to notice anything on top of normal pfs stuff. I'm on steroids till those numbers come down.

I've seen all of your posts, and I noticed that you follow a ketogenic diet. One of the first things I did after crashing was try to go keto as well, and that shit did not work for me. I couldn't keto adapt. I had all my macros locked in and I was eating around two pounds of fatty beef per day, yet my body was in starvation mode. I'm 6'3 and I dropped down to 145 at my lowest before I gave it up. That's about when the liver issues started.

I think the issue was my cortisol was going crazy, and I've read that can actually mess with your blood sugar even if you aren't eating carbs.

All the stuff I've learned about nutritional ketosis is super interesting though, and I definitely think it can be a tool for recovery. But for me...I'm scared to try it again hahah I was a skinny little fucker. I've gained 20 pounds back in 2 months since

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My liver issues have only come post crash, so I haven't really been able to notice anything on top of normal pfs stuff. I'm on steroids till those numbers come down.

I've seen all of your posts, and I noticed that you follow a ketogenic diet. One of the first things I did after crashing was try to go keto as well, and that shit did not work for me. I couldn't keto adapt. I had all my macros locked in and I was eating around two pounds of fatty beef per day, yet my body was in starvation mode. I'm 6'3 and I dropped down to 145 at my lowest before I gave it up. That's about when the liver issues started.

I think the issue was my cortisol was going crazy, and I've read that can actually mess with your blood sugar even if you aren't eating carbs.

All the stuff I've learned about nutritional ketosis is super interesting though, and I definitely think it can be a tool for recovery. But for me...I'm scared to try it again hahah I was a skinny little fucker. I've gained 20 pounds back in 2 months since
    You're on steroids? I would suggest stopping for the time being. Unless I read that wrong somehow? You need to focus on cleansing first before being able to properly build yourself up. It's never a good idea to build a house on a shitty foundation.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 09-15-2016 at 02:01 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    You're on steroids? I would suggest stopping for the time being. Unless I read that wrong somehow? You need to focus on cleansing first before being able to properly build yourself up. It's never a good idea to build a house on a shitty foundation.
    I think he's referring to some kinda steroid medication like prednisone, etc. as opposed to AAS. Either way, I agree with Cd in that you need to kick the pharms to the curb if you can. Of course this could be a special case here.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    I think he's referring to some kinda steroid medication like prednisone, etc. as opposed to AAS. Either way, I agree with Cd in that you need to kick the pharms to the curb if you can. Of course this could be a special case here.
    I guess that would make more sense....lol. Either way he should ditch the pharms. Once you start cleansing your inflammation flames out to nothing anyway.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I guess that would make more sense....lol. Either way he should ditch the pharms. Once you start cleansing your inflammation flames out to nothing anyway.
    Maxout is correct. I'm on anti-inflammatory steroids(prednisone), and that was only reluctantly after they told me my liver enzymes were high enough where I was risking permanent damage. I'm tapering down the dose as my numbers get better. I'm literally eating only meat, fruit, and vegetables, so I'm expecting things to get better quickly.

I don't think they're as suppressive as AAS, but I am planning to cycle herbs as I come off.

CD, I'm guessing you have worked with people with gut or liver inflammation issues before...I have IBD, and a really sensitive gut. Has anybody reacted badly to any of your suggested herbs in the past?

Also, I've explained to my doctor why I am planning on taking the herbs, and he's against it. Says that because the herbs are unregulated that any potential fillers could be inflammatory to my system.

So I've been working on sourcing the absolute best quality stuff. I've been searching the forums trying to fill in the others not from SMH/Lost empire. I'm buying all these in the next week, so I'd love to hear your recommended sources for the rest:

Butea superba
    Suma root extract
    Royal jelly
    Guduchi
    Lions mane
    Muira puama
    Catauba bark
    Last edited by DrivenToRecover; 09-15-2016 at 08:27 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it is very hard to adapt but early it helped me get my body back on track due to the very low levels of inflammation keto helps with. I was miserable for the first two weeks when I wasn't adapted. I carb backload now, but going into deep keto for a few months really calmed my gut and everything down. Now I can handle carbs way better so I just back load but still cut out sugars and gluten.

For the other herbs, you can check out barlowe's, that is what I use they are pretty good quality. I also though SMH/LE carries lion's mane?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Increase 5 Alpha Reductase and DHT Naturally by 862%

I found this interesting. I am doing most of the things on this list regularly throughout my day, but this protocol involves doing 9 things in a very short amount of time that all increase 5-AR/DHT.

I'm curious if there is benefit to doing it all at once like this? I definitely am going to try it.

Also, I'd heard about everything on that list except for the Phosphatidylcholine and Phosphatidylserine.

Has anyone used either of these?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Increase 5 Alpha Reductase and DHT Naturally by 862%

I found this interesting. I am doing most of the things on this list regularly throughout my day, but this protocol involves doing 9 things in a very short amount of time that all increase 5-AR/DHT.

I'm curious if there is benefit to doing it all at once like this? I definitely am going to try it.

Also, I'd heard about everything on that list except for the Phosphatidylcholine and Phosphatidylserine.

Has anyone used either of these?
    Yes, check out endoamp that is the main ingredient. I posted some studies on them in another thread. Just search for both of those supplements in the forum search.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is interesting. I finally received my Butea Superba in the mail but have not used it yet. It's at the end of my herb list so will be taking it in 3 days.

I used the sorghum flour for a while. I was adding it to my morning shakes, but I didn't seem to notice anything. I'm going to stay away from it and continue with a paleo type diet. But who knows, maybe you'll get some benefits.

Now that my cleanse is over, I have definitely seen improvement in libido and erections. I'm quite pleased.