Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonBalls View Post
    That is interesting. I finally received my Butea Superba in the mail but have not used it yet. It's at the end of my herb list so will be taking it in 3 days.

I used the sorghum flour for a while. I was adding it to my morning shakes, but I didn't seem to notice anything. I'm going to stay away from it and continue with a paleo type diet. But who knows, maybe you'll get some benefits.

Now that my cleanse is over, I have definitely seen improvement in libido and erections. I'm quite pleased.
    And you will continue to do so as long as you keep to the script. Rinse, repeat...rinse, repeat. Indefinitely. This is your life now. It's just what you do.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    And you will continue to do so as long as you keep to the script. Rinse, repeat...rinse, repeat. Indefinitely. This is your life now. It's just what you do.
    Thank you CD. I owe you big time for putting this information out here. Looking forward to your new site

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any benefit to just spending time around attractive young women for the benefit of hormones? Libido, pheromones, ect

I have the opportunity at the start of next month to sign a new lease with two of my guy friends, or I could live with 3 pretty decent looking girls I know.

I honestly would rather live with the guys, but hey I'm all about optimizing recovery, and I don't currently have a girlfriend.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    Is there any benefit to just spending time around attractive young women for the benefit of hormones? Libido, pheromones, ect

I have the opportunity at the start of next month to sign a new lease with two of my guy friends, or I could live with 3 pretty decent looking girls I know.

I honestly would rather live with the guys, but hey I'm all about optimizing recovery, and I don't currently have a girlfriend.
    Maybe to the first one. I live with my fiancée but I've never considered just living with her or being around her as a reason for my recovery, but maybe. We have regular sex, so that might have helped me a good bit....and Cd promoted to do that when he first made this regimen years ago.

So basically, if you think you can bang them.....sign that lease son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Having sex with women is very beneficial for optimized hormones on all of the levels you mentioned. But if you're going to live with them and then become paranoid about your inability to bang them, that will have the opposite effect. If you move in with the girls and they start hen pecking you about everything...your dishes, laundry, cleaning up after yourself....whatever, this is going to become a source of frustration that you don't need.

Honestly, if I was in recovery and was in your situation, I'd rather live with the guys. This way you can titrate your time with woman when you're feeling on and then have some place to go to when you're not. Having sex with one and being around them 24/7 are two completely different animals. You need to be able to dial it in when you can and turn it off when you need a break.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    So basically, if you think you can bang them.....sign that lease son.
    Lol....word.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having sex with women is very beneficial for optimized hormones on all of the levels you mentioned. But if you're going to live with them and then become paranoid about your inability to bang them, that will have the opposite effect. If you move in with the girls and they start hen pecking you about everything...your dishes, laundry, cleaning up after yourself....whatever, this is going to become a source of frustration that you don't need.

Honestly, if I was in recovery and was in your situation, I'd rather live with the guys. This way you can titrate your time with woman when you're feeling on and then have some place to go to when you're not. Having sex with one and being around them 24/7 are two completely different animals. You need to be able to dial it in when you can and turn it off when you need a break.
    Fair enough, I had some of those same thoughts honestly. The idea of hooking up with roommates brings up a whole host of other issues as well...
    Keep in mind here everyone involved here is 21-24 lol

Honestly, its a really weird social dynamic being around women in general right now. I'm not sure I want to force it on myself everyday
    Last edited by DrivenToRecover; 09-23-2016 at 07:32 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I'd do a quick update.

I've definitely been seeing slow improvements lately. Hormonally I am now to the point where I can think myself into an erection. My sex drive in some ways actually feels better than while I was still taking saw palmetto/Fin, which is very encouraging.

Mentally, I still find myself very foggy, but I do have certain areas that I have noticed improvement. I have flashes of feeling my personality coming back, especially on days spent with friends or family. Also, my general outlook on this whole thing has slowly shifted from world-shattering to now where it just feels like an inconvenience that I have to work my ass off to get through.

Still have to be careful about what I eat, and any sort of diet cheating still causes mental fog. I found English's recent post very interesting, and to me it explained why inflammatory foods cause the brain fog.

I feel like for me focusing on gut health is the most critical aspect of recovery for me currently because it has been in rough shape.
    For my gut I've been doing the autoimmune protocol (The Autoimmune Protocol - The Paleo Mom) This is basically a more strict version of the Paleo diet and the idea is to be extremely strict on foods that even cause a tiny bit of inflammation..even those that are paleo approved. And also focusing on eating foods that are highest in nutrients: organ meats, fish, veggies, ect. Beef liver especially I've noticed makes me feel great on days that I eat it.

Also, I have been practicing the Wim Hoff breathing technique lately and I have to say I love doing it. For me its a guaranteed way to really turn around my mood anytime I want to, and get my day going in a positive direction. The way you can manipulate your brain chemistry so quickly just by breathing really is fascinating.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thought I'd do a quick update.

I've definitely been seeing slow improvements lately. Hormonally I am now to the point where I can think myself into an erection. My sex drive in some ways actually feels better than while I was still taking saw palmetto/Fin, which is very encouraging.

Mentally, I still find myself very foggy, but I do have certain areas that I have noticed improvement. I have flashes of feeling my personality coming back, especially on days spent with friends or family. Also, my general outlook on this whole thing has slowly shifted from world-shattering to now where it just feels like an inconvenience that I have to work my ass off to get through.

Still have to be careful about what I eat, and any sort of diet cheating still causes mental fog. I found English's recent post very interesting, and to me it explained why inflammatory foods cause the brain fog.

I feel like for me focusing on gut health is the most critical aspect of recovery for me currently because it has been in rough shape.
    For my gut I've been doing the autoimmune protocol (The Autoimmune Protocol - The Paleo Mom) This is basically a more strict version of the Paleo diet and the idea is to be extremely strict on foods that even cause a tiny bit of inflammation..even those that are paleo approved. And also focusing on eating foods that are highest in nutrients: organ meats, fish, veggies, ect. Beef liver especially I've noticed makes me feel great on days that I eat it.

Also, I have been practicing the Wim Hoff breathing technique lately and I have to say I love doing it. For me its a guaranteed way to really turn around my mood anytime I want to, and get my day going in a positive direction. The way you can manipulate your brain chemistry so quickly just by breathing really is fascinating.
    I'm a huge proponent of Wim's method as I've been practicing religiously on a daily basis since I started researching breathing techniques a month ago. Not only is it fantastic for a mood boost, but the effects of super oxygenating your blood and body are based in solid scientific research. It also puts you in the exact physiological place you need to be for a great mediation session. It's a win win all the way around.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a huge proponent of Wim's method as I've been practicing religiously on a daily basis since I started researching breathing techniques a month ago. Not only is it fantastic for a mood boost, but the effects of super oxygenating your blood and body are based in solid scientific research. It also puts you in the exact physiological place you need to be for a great mediation session. It's a win win all the way around.
    Definitely.
    When I wake up, before/during yoga, and before sleep are times that I love to do it.

I seem to remember that you said that Wim Hoff + MJ was a pretty awesome combination...Is that something you'd recommend to someone in recovery?
    I know you advocate sobriety, but (maybe wrongly) i"ve just interpreted that as no alcohol.