User Tag List

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I listened to an episode of Joe Rogan's podcast where he had Wim on and heard him talk about how he had helped people with autoimmune diseases. I wish he had gone into more detail about how he has coached people specifically, but he said you could just tap into your immune system and control it just with the breathing.

All of the claims he makes are so ridiculous that they make you want to call BS, but you can't argue with all of the crazy shit he has done, and the science that's come out of studying him.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    Yeah I listened to an episode of Joe Rogan's podcast where he had Wim on and heard him talk about how he had helped people with autoimmune diseases. I wish he had gone into more detail about how he has coached people specifically, but he said you could just tap into your immune system and control it just with the breathing.

All of the claims he makes are so ridiculous that they make you want to call BS, but you can't argue with all of the crazy shit he has done, and the science that's come out of studying him.
    The claims aren't ridiculous... They sound ridiculous. But the more you practice it and the deeper you get the more it starts to make sense.

People say this protocol is ridiculous... Myself and a lot of other people beg to differ... the people that have gotten their lives back don't think it's so ridiculous

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are your opinions about tanning beds for vitamin D as opposed to supplementation during the winter?

I've heard D3 Supps are hard on your liver, and I've had noticeable pain when supplementing as of late.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What are your opinions about tanning beds for vitamin D as opposed to supplementation during the winter?

I've heard D3 Supps are hard on your liver, and I've had noticeable pain when supplementing as of late.
    I've never heard of D3 being hard on the liver and I take 10,000 iu's everyday along with whatever else I happen to be taking that day. Where did you hear this? I was always under the impression that it's pretty benign.

In regards to tanning beds, I think if used cautiously it can be a good place to supplement vit. D, but oral supplementation is really the way to go out of pure convenience.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly I've done an obsessive amount of research into all things related to health in the last year so I don't remember where I heard that.

I started taking 10,000 IU D3, and had pain that came/went right alongside when I was taking it.
    But I do have a really messed up liver right now that's got me cautious of taking just about anything.

I've asked my liver doctor about what supplements/herbs I can take, and she says play it safe and take nothing at all...which I hate to hear because I know how you always say you have to buy in 100% to get the results you want.

It's balancing act that is frustrating at times.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do actually have a tanning bed in the gym I work out in. Both of which are a 20 second walk from my apartment. I find that getting in it for 5 minutes or so really does a lot to help wake me up in the mornings without burning my skin at all.

From what I've learned about circadian rhythms it makes sense. I just don't know if its safe to do a tanning bed even in moderation 5 times a week lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things have really improved for me lately in terms of overall energy and mood. I just can't thank you guys here enough for the advice and positive vibes.

I've gotten into the routine of working out before work, and then after work also squeezing in something active like pick up soccer, basketball, or sprints. My work is also pretty active as well, so my days at this point are full of activity, and damn it feels good. Sprint days especially. I sleep fucking hardddd.

I'm curious how often its ok to do sprints? I'd honestly love to hit it everyday. I love that shit, and I know its one of the best exercises from a hormonal standpoint.

If you're ever having a bad day just do a few rounds of breathing exercises and go sprint. The endorphin rush is insane.

Is every other day sprints something I could safely build up to? I usually do 8-10 100 yards full out.
    Last edited by DrivenToRecover; 01-11-2017 at 08:22 PM.
    Its only work until its routine

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't do them more than every 2 days.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I wouldn't do them more than every 2 days.

Once every 2 days...meaning every other day?

Or two full days of rest between them?
    Its only work until its routine

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi

Once every 2 days...meaning every other day?

Or two full days of rest between them?
    Two full days rest in between. You want to make sure you're fully rested and you're also going to be lifting as well.... you just don't want to overdo it