Thread: Hi

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

Hello friends,

I am happy to have found this community that seems focused on solutions, positivity, and keeping each other accountable. I plan on staying staying active here for the duration of my recovery.

Background:
    I'm 24 year old dude with pfs. I was an all state football player in high school, a 4 year starter at a D1 college, and just finished my undergraduate degree this summer. I took saw palmetto for 2 years and fin for 2 months. Quit both of them together and crashed 5 days later back In May.
    I feel like I have a good grasp on CD's protocol and I have implemented some of it for a few weeks, but I intend in the very near future to juice feast and start over giving it 100%. I feel that is whats needed.

Next I'd like to list a few issues that are specific to me. And i'd like to make it clear that I don't say any of these things to complain. Fuck that. This is to introduce myself and seek help from the experienced people on this forum who may have insight into how pfs interacts with these things.

My health issues:
    1) Ulcerative Colitus (autoimmune gut) - I take anti-inflammatory medication (Lialda)
    2) Hashimotos thyroid disease (autoimmune thyroid) - I take nature throid 1.5 grain 2x day
    3) Autoimmune hepatitis (autoimmune liver) - My liver is currently in bad shape. high liver enzymes in blood
    4) Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (autoimmune liver) - these last two liver issues have come about only since pfs started. I've had to go on Prednisone for them unfortunately which is a steroid. Planning to do a PCT with herbs when I taper off of these hopefully in the next month.
    I am worried about all of the autoimmune issues i've developed slowing recovery, so i'm constantly educating myself on how to mitigate them.
    5) ADHD-personally I think ADHD is kinda bullshit, but I was diagnosed and I've been on adderall since I was 7.
    Pfs seems to have shut down the effectiveness of adderall, and I have recently stopped taking it. I figure it can only help me to eliminate as many chemicals as possible from my body to help recover. Addy being a pretty gnarly one, as it is basically pharmaceutical meth.

Diet:
    My diet has been lower carb high fat paleo for a few months now. Brain fog comes from eating anything processed, and a few other things like dairy, nuts, and high glycemic fruits in excess. I've begun to figure out all I can/can't tolerate for myself, but if anyone can shed light on the rhyme or reason why specific foods = brain fog I'd love to hear!
    Also, I do seem to get mild brain fog from even eating paleo foods, so i've found what works best for me is to fast early in the day and get all of my work done, and eat all my calories in a compressed window in the afternoon.

Money/Job:
    I finished my undergrad degree in business marketing this summer, and I had planned to go to grad school, but that's on hold for now. I know my next step for now is to find a job that's as stress free as possible, and can also support the excessively healthy lifestyle that's needed for recovery. This concept of looking for a job specifically for low stress is extremely alien to me (and avoiding stress in general)...I've played football in front of dozens of thousands of people tweeked out on adderall (meth lol), and it wasn't half as stressful as trying to work my job as a server post crash.

I would LOVE input from any of you guys on finding a job that is low stress, decent income, and where you don't need to be quick witted/have sharp memory. My two best ideas so far are some kind of driving job (Uber, Mailman, courier, ect) or something more related to my specific major, like social media management/digital marketing that could be done from home.

So yeah, That's about it!
    Thank you for reading, and I look forward to hearing from you guys
    Much love

P.s. if anyone on this board is in the Knoxville, TN area PM me! I'd love to meet up

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome.

Sounds like you know what you're doing. All I can let you know is if you apply the protocol and truly live it for a few months, you'll start seeing good gains. I'm 100x better than I was when I first crashed. Still a little bit to go, but my God, it's so much better than where I was.

As far as the job situation goes, don't limit yourself. Push through when it's tough and you'll be rewarded with a better job and a better state. A part of this is learning to take those risks and push through when it's tough. I work in cybersecurity and it's very fast paced, and I pushed through although I wanted to quit after I crashed because I was literally terrible at my job. 7 months later, that's no longer the case. The only variable in that is you. Knock it out of the park and keep yourself accountable and you'll be there too.

I'm not too far from Knoxville, and have visited many times for football games. Including this year, I'll be there in October (that should give away which School I'm a fan of, lol).
    Last edited by Maxout777; 09-12-2016 at 07:46 PM.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Driven,

I'm currently on day 4 of my juice feast. The second day was the worst for me and it wasn't even that bad. My hunger for food has been minimal. I expected the juice feast to be a lot worse. So if I can do it, I'm sure you can too after reading a little about your background.

I've tried to read as much as I can from this site in order to heal myself. I'm a beginner, but I will certainly try to support anyone with this in anyway I can.

Good luck on your journey.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Welcome.

Sounds like you know what you're doing. All I can let you know is if you apply the protocol and truly live it for a few months, you'll start seeing good gains. I'm 100x better than I was when I first crashed. Still a little bit to go, but my God, it's so much better than where I was.

As far as the job situation goes, don't limit yourself. Push through when it's tough and you'll be rewarded with a better job and a better state. A part of this is learning to take those risks and push through when it's tough. I work in cybersecurity and it's very fast paced, and I pushed through although I wanted to quit after I crashed because I was literally terrible at my job. 7 months later, that's no longer the case. The only variable in that is you. Knock it out of the park and keep yourself accountable and you'll be there too.

I'm not too far from Knoxville, and have visited many times for football games. Including this year, I'll be there in October (that should give away which School I'm a fan of, lol).
    I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all your posts. I think the biggest thing I take away from seeing your success is that we aren't powerless to this thing.

When I first crashed a few months back I can remember reading things like "Incurable", "permanent", and "no doctor understands" that in retrospect had me freaking out way more than I should have.

It has really given me peace of mind to see you and others that have really taken to CD's protocol consistently have results. I like knowing success is up to me, and I'm not just along for the ride where ever this thing takes me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonBalls View Post
    Hey Driven,

I'm currently on day 4 of my juice feast. The second day was the worst for me and it wasn't even that bad. My hunger for food has been minimal. I expected the juice feast to be a lot worse. So if I can do it, I'm sure you can too after reading a little about your background.

I've tried to read as much as I can from this site in order to heal myself. I'm a beginner, but I will certainly try to support anyone with this in anyway I can.

Good luck on your journey.
    Good luck to you too friend. I'm curious about the specifics of the your juice feast. What kind of fruits/veggies are you focusing on? Organic vs not?

Also, a lot of raw fruits/veggies are goitrogens that actually interfere with thyroid function at high doses. Not a big deal for most, but I have preexisting thyroid issues. I'm about to start the juice feast, and I'm wondering if anyone here has any input on how to mitigate the effects, while still doing an effective cleanse

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all your posts. I think the biggest thing I take away from seeing your success is that we aren't powerless to this thing.

When I first crashed a few months back I can remember reading things like "Incurable", "permanent", and "no doctor understands" that in retrospect had me freaking out way more than I should have.

It has really given me peace of mind to see you and others that have really taken to CD's protocol consistently have results. I like knowing success is up to me, and I'm not just along for the ride where ever this thing takes me.
    Those same thoughts and words fucked me over too. I thought I'd live the rest of my life a broken man because of a mistake I made. Depressing shit.

That's no longer the case now. Keep busting your ass and you'll get there too. Like anything else in life, if you want it bad enough to get it, you can have it.

Never stop, keep grinding until you're there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never Quit.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been juicing spinach, collard greens, kale, a lettuce mix, cabbage, asparagus, cucumbers, celery, carrots, apples, oranges, peaches, grapefruit, ginger, and a frozen berry mix. Most of it is organic, I'm not sure about the berry mix though.

I also added lemon to each batch. Supposedly that helps to keep it from going bad if you juice all at once for your entire day's consumption.

I'm not familiar with the giotrogens but I'll look into it.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goitrogens I know are found in pretty high amounts in kale. I put 2 cups of kale in my smoothie every morning but as of now I haven't really noticed any difference (only positives).

If you are concerned maybe adding some coconut oil (speeds up thyroid) with it should help cancel out any of the thyroid suppression of that is what you are worried about. Also adding iodine in too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some current bloods:

Screenshot (123).png

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    Some current bloods:

Screenshot (123).png
    Those don't look terrible to me at all from a hormone viewpoint. Start supplementing vitamin D3 at 10k IU daily though. Again, bloods won't show you much unfortunately. You can have a perfect blood result and still feel like shit. Just stick to the protocol....I've stopped even taking bloods. Found it to generally be a waste of my time.

About the only thing awful I saw on that post was your new avatar, lol. Glad to see another SEC guy on here!
    Last edited by Maxout777; 09-14-2016 at 01:58 PM.

Never Quit.