User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 AresTS's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Different routines...

Every forum has em' by the hundreds, we might as well get one started here.

Post up some of your favorite routines you have done and what the results were. I've personally only tried a few, my favorite so far being, DoggCrapp Training. It' pretty gnarly on my CNS, I have no clue how natural guys can stay on it for long periods of time however, I have put on a decent amount of mass and increased strength quite a bit as well. I just finished up reading 5/3/1 and am debating giving that a go or I may just do my own thing for a bit.

IMO, it doesn't really matter what routine you go with, as long as the base fundamentals revolve around progressing. I don't understand how people say they don't use a log book, there is no possible way I would be able to track each and every one of my lifts - weights, rep count, etc from week to week by memory.

I personally am also a firm believer in doing cardio which was one of my major beefs with DC. The problem with DC Training and cardio is that anything outside of walking in the morning (fasted state, on off days) is not recommended and for me not physically possible (I tried). I'm looking forward to switching up my routine so I can incorporate some HIIT back in the mix. I love my sprints and pushes lol!!

Anyways that's my 2 cents. I'm looking forward to hearing others thoughts, especially since I'm getting ready to switch it up myself.
    Valdez

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like PHAT by Layne Norton. I switch around alot, but I always go back to it for some time.

Mega Feature: Layne Norton Training Series + Full Power/Hypertrophy Routine (Updated 2011) | SimplyShredded.com

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mountain dog

iv found my physique has taken off in the last year when i changed from really heavy for 6 to heavy for 20, volume volume volume

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) USN HM 350Z's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have been looking at HRT for sometime now, but I train alone and not sure I could find someone consistent for the negative work that is involved. I enjoyed 5x5 for while, but just not enough variety for me. Pretty much on my own 4 day split right now. Most don't like it, but it works for me

Chest & front delts
    Back & traps & rear delts
    Arms & side lifts
    Legs
    rinse & repeat ( I rotate between dumbbell and barbell every rotation)

Shoulders don't feel over trained and have responded positively to it for the last 5 weeks.

need to find something just to work on toning for Dec-Feb with a lower volume as I will be without enhancement for those 3 months and want to strip off as much BF as possible before going into a 4 month Test/Mast/Tren cycle.

I will be running 5 days a week, BJJ 3 days a week and Muay Thai 3 days a week during that 3 months of off time also.

Recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been following Hypertrophy Max, by Ben Pakulski, it's a new routine every month, but killer workouts, and just when you start to plateau, you get hit with a new workout, prob the best laid out program I ever done, his other program MI40 rocks as well, has anyone else on here tried them?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 AresTS's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Different routines...

Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    I like PHAT by Layne Norton. I switch around alot, but I always go back to it for some time.

Mega Feature: Layne Norton Training Series + Full Power/Hypertrophy Routine (Updated 2011) | SimplyShredded.com
    I've heard of a couple of people liking PHAT. I had never heard of it and thought that when it was mentioned I was getting compliments (pretty hot and tempting lol). That clearly wasn't the case ; )

Thanks for the link bud.

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    mountain dog

iv found my physique has taken off in the last year when i changed from really heavy for 6 to heavy for 20, volume volume volume
    Everything 20? Dead lifts, squats, everything? My only fear of doing such high rep work would be break down of form. Have you noticed the tendency to cheat a little to complete the movement?
    Quote Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z View Post
    have been looking at HRT for sometime now, but I train alone and not sure I could find someone consistent for the negative work that is involved. I enjoyed 5x5 for while, but just not enough variety for me. Pretty much on my own 4 day split right now. Most don't like it, but it works for me

Chest & front delts
    Back & traps & rear delts
    Arms & side lifts
    Legs
    rinse & repeat ( I rotate between dumbbell and barbell every rotation)

Shoulders don't feel over trained and have responded positively to it for the last 5 weeks.

need to find something just to work on toning for Dec-Feb with a lower volume as I will be without enhancement for those 3 months and want to strip off as much BF as possible before going into a 4 month Test/Mast/Tren cycle.

I will be running 5 days a week, BJJ 3 days a week and Muay Thai 3 days a week during that 3 months of off time also.

Recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    HRT? Finding consistent spotters is harder than finding a wife lol! I feel your pain man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horstmj View Post
    I have been following Hypertrophy Max, by Ben Pakulski, it's a new routine every month, but killer workouts, and just when you start to plateau, you get hit with a new workout, prob the best laid out program I ever done, his other program MI40 rocks as well, has anyone else on here tried them?
    Thanks for putting these up guys! I always like checking out new routines...

A couple more I've come across
    FST-7
    HUH training (something like that)

I'm always a little skeptical of the ones you have to pay for though (fst)

- Valdez
    Valdez

Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    mountain dog

Can you link me to some info here? Is it a john meadows training routine/ideology?

And DC is my go to routine.
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    Can you link me to some info here? Is it a john meadows training routine/ideology?

T NATION | Enormous and Strong Legs: The Mountain Dog Way
    T NATION | Shoulder Training: The Mountain Dog Way
    T NATION | Chest Obliteration - Mountain Dog Style
    T NATION | Mountain Dog Arms

really its bout volume , getting away from the traditional 4 exercises 4sets, this shit will really tear up the muscle, i dont really stick to it for months as a routine, but alot of days ill do this, vs the heavy as you can go for 3-5, never cared for that
    recovery, even when on, is a bitch lol

sometimes you are doing a certain program without realizing, his arms advice, iv done that last couple years before i even knew who was john meadows......i do cross hammers and seated preacher almost religiously......just iv never done arms day, but after reading those links again i think i will

Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great I've been looking for a high volume routine to transition into. Thanks DJ
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post

I love DC, it flat out works. But I am far to injury prone to continuously do failure sets.