User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbuick View Post
    For me making <$2 an hour. That's steep!
    Most people waste far more than that on supplements in a year and the knowledge gained would pay for itself. Plus, you should see how much it costs for competition prep. Even the cheap side is ~$1500.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AresTS View Post
    Yep, from his Web site.

Yea I may try it. I'm hitting up a light chest/shoulders day tomo with a guy who has been seeing really good results and paid for it before the price sky rocketed.

You said recovery was pretty gnarly tho, right? That was my only beef with DC recovering from it while doing fire station drills was a mother fucker.

- Valdez
    on 500mg test e, and flood myself with 30g peptopro and 30oz amino infusion prewo with 35g gatorade/3g creatine hcl ..... 55g problend postwo.......AND MY SHOULDERS STILL SORE/TIGHT FROM LAST DELT WO, LAST WEEK.......love it tho, diet and volume in the gym has made a difference the last 3months

Established Member Feedback Score 0 AresTS's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Different routines...

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    on 500mg test e, and flood myself with 30g peptopro and 30oz amino infusion prewo with 35g gatorade/3g creatine hcl ..... 55g problend postwo.......AND MY SHOULDERS STILL SORE/TIGHT FROM LAST DELT WO, LAST WEEK.......love it tho, diet and volume in the gym has made a difference the last 3months
    So what you're saying is doing it natural = "good luck recovering" lol!

- Valdez
    Valdez

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Without a doubt, my best results have come from conjugate periodization, which is more of a philosophy than a true routine.
    ^^^This, I now have a much changed recovery set point but in the past it revolved around the above and centered on adaptive principles i.e. I pushed myself to squat and pull every day sometimes twice a day sometimes as much as three times a day.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AresTS View Post
    So what you're saying is doing it natural = "good luck recovering" lol!

- Valdez
    SI

Established Member Feedback Score 0 AresTS's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Different routines...

Well I'll be throwing down a mountain dog workout tomo... I'll update here after
    Valdez

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now the most challenging thing is trying to combine my field work (sleds, farmer's walks, sledgehammers, weighted carries) with hypertrophy-style training. every extra pound i carry makes field stuff that much more difficult. tthe field training is valuable as it build endurance and adds incredible muscle strength and density, but it is hard to do both. I guess I'll have to choose which one I want to excel in. at this point I'd like to be the same weight (235-240) but at a lower BF percentage. I've been up to 252 and the field stuff was just to goddamn difficult.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    been reading more about Meadows' stuff, anyone ever piece together his articles and youtube vids to get a picture of his overall training?

I disagree that $800 is cheap. maybe if he taught you how to train and adapt your training for the rest of your life (or at least 5+ years) but my understanding is it's a routine for 12 weeks, which is overpriced. especially since, as the great Dave Draper says, there are no secrets.
    Last edited by pman42; 02-24-2013 at 12:03 AM.

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm good i also have been following Hypertrophy Max, by Ben Pakulski, it's a new schedule each 30 days, but fantastic exercises, and just when you begin to level, you get hit with a new exercise, prob the best set out system I ever done, his other system MI40 stones as well.......