User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been about a month now..Seemed to make no difference other than making feel like shit instead of helping. I am gonna try again to start back slowly...See how my body responds..But it seemed as if it was hurting me or putting me under a greatt deal of stress just running two miles..No way could I make it like in the old days..My body is pretty much like a marshmellow now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did a 3 day fast not long ago and since then my bones and joints have been acheing, have also had increased emotional dullness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but on the plus side I've had some moments of, albeit very mild, sexual desire
    Last edited by t14; 12-24-2016 at 07:51 AM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In regards to cleansing. There is a reason why I recommend a two week cleanse (or longer if possible) Guys have kind of just taken it upon themselves to do shorter versions of this...intermittent fasting, two or three day cleanses, etc. This isn't enough. Sometimes it takes two or three days just for your body to really get into the cleansing phase and if you stop around that time, you've done nothing but dump a bunch of garbage into your blood stream that your body now has to deal with on top of your other symptoms. You basically stop it right as it's getting prepped to do what it needs to do.

Juice feasts are a little more forgiving because you're stll providing your body with nutrients and energy but still.....two weeks should be the minimum to shoot for....not less.

And yes, you will lose muscle and size, but you need to build a strong foundation before worrying about your aesthetics. Can't build a strong house with a foundation of mud. You need to tear down, and rebuild.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 12-24-2016 at 12:53 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by holyhead View Post
    Been about a month now..Seemed to make no difference other than making feel like shit instead of helping. I am gonna try again to start back slowly...See how my body responds..But it seemed as if it was hurting me or putting me under a greatt deal of stress just running two miles..No way could I make it like in the old days..My body is pretty much like a marshmellow now.
    If this is how you're feeling after exerting yourself then you need to back it up a bit. You may be doing more harm then good.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will start a 2-3 week fast after my family lunch tomorrow, might aswell get it over with

how do you feel about stuff like exercise and sauna during water fasts?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by t14 View Post
    I will start a 2-3 week fast after my family lunch tomorrow, might aswell get it over with

how do you feel about stuff like exercise and sauna during water fasts?
    DO NOT exericse while cleansing. It is counterproductive to say the least. The point of a cleanse is to have your body use ALL it's energy to detoxify your cells. Sauna's are a different story. Sauna's add to the detox process in a very good way. Just be careful. Sometime the detox can become too intense if you're detoxing too hard. That being said sauna's can help speed the process greatly.

Exercise on the other will actually slow down the process. Rather then using the energy to detox, you're using it to lift, pull, push etc. When detoxing the most exercise you want to do is walking. If you have the energy, go for nice long walks at a nice slow pace. This will help move the lymph fluid around expediting the purges from your system. Remember, you want to use ALL your available energy for detoxing only.

Other then that, use the time to lay around and relax, and more importantly, use the time to practice your meditation. The Wim Hof breathing method will also help detox your system by increasing oxygen and carbon dioxide transport in and out of your system not too mention it is a fantastic way to get you into the meditative mindset.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 12-26-2016 at 02:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on day 8 of a water fast, going to do atleast 15 days, hopefully around 20
    Fatigue hasnt been too bad since day 3 but I'm down to like 64 kg now :-( Hunger is non-existant as long as im distracted but at times i get strong urges to eat and find myself daydreaming about what im going to eat when i break the fast, can also smell food from really far away and it all smells amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been working in 1 day periods of dry fasting and for better or worse it seems much more intense in regards to detoxing, big clusters of pimples and rashes popping up and symptoms worsening, I won't be doing it anymore since it's overwhelming me. Just about finished day 10 now.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Swill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by t14 View Post
    Been working in 1 day periods of dry fasting and for better or worse it seems much more intense in regards to detoxing, big clusters of pimples and rashes popping up and symptoms worsening, I won't be doing it anymore since it's overwhelming me. Just about finished day 10 now.
    It really is overwhelming but try and remain calm, of course symptoms will worsen... you are not getting your energy from food and your body is going into survival mode. The fact you are getting pimples and rashes I believe is a sign of detox in itself. I know where you are at, the water fast was the most intense and mentally challenging part of it all for me, but if I were you I would if at all possible stick it out another couple of days... you are in the golden zone where all the magic is happening and have already made it further than most... you'll be glad you did in the long run.
    WORK! CONSUME! DIE!