User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swill View Post
    It really is overwhelming but try and remain calm, of course symptoms will worsen... you are not getting your energy from food and your body is going into survival mode. The fact you are getting pimples and rashes I believe is a sign of detox in itself. I know where you are at, the water fast was the most intense and mentally challenging part of it all for me, but if I were you I would if at all possible stick it out another couple of days... you are in the golden zone where all the magic is happening and have already made it further than most... you'll be glad you did in the long run.
    the water fasting itself has been pretty easy, it's just adding in the periods without water that are overwhelming, I'm hesitant to do more dry fast periods since my anhedonia and sleep got bad after the other day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one thing i've been wondering is, how do you know when it's best to stop fasting? should I just stick to my arbitrary time period or push it to see how long I can go?

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not sure where you came up with the idea for dry fasting....but it's a horrible one.

Your body needs water, obviously, but for more then just to live. You're going through one of the most intense detox's in your life and you need the water to help eliminate these things from your system. You stop taking in water, your systems of elimination get slowed down or stop (sweating, urinating, vapor in your exhalations, etc) It's no wonder why your detox symptoms are overwhelming you. All that garbage just "gets stuck."

You have to help facilitate it's removal....drink water.

Water fast, or juice feast my friend. These things have all been thought out for you......just do them.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Swill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree with what CD said there.

One thing that blew me away a little with water fasting was how you dont need a shit tonne of water either, just enough to eliminate (about 4 cups a day). I had the preconception that you'd drink a shit tonne to compensate for the lack of food, but fluids are used to a large extent in the digestion process so without that going on you dont need to drink loads.

But the water is the vehicle for eliminating the waste, definitely keep drinking man.
    WORK! CONSUME! DIE!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When I did my first fast, I stopped all kinds of pharms cold turkey. Pain killers, tranquilizers and sleeping pills. I don't recommend doing that nor is it recommended....I didn't tell them I was taking any meds...at that point, I didn't care if I came back from California or not. I was either going to fast and die, or something positive was going to happen....I honestly didn't care at that point. The fast was my hail mary......

It was brutal...those drug detox's alone are horrible let alone when your super detoxing...hell on earth. That's what it was. I was awake for ten days straight until I collapsed. I was literally a zombie.

But what I noticed was when the detox's got really bad....I would reach a point where I thought I was going to lose my shit....and then it would break, or settle down. After these "cleansing episodes" I would notice my urine would stink like chemicals. It was like clock work...Detox, get a bad reaction, feel like I was losing my mind, then calm...then smelly urine...everytime. It came in waves every couple days. Then as I got cleaner, sometimes I would have a few in a day. Then after the worst of it, just every other day or so until I broke the fast. I should have went longer on my first one because I was really fucked, but I was happy to eat after two weeks. I knew right then and there at the 14th day when I was breaking my fast that I was going to have to do another one because I could still tell there was stuff to get out.

The point is, you need to drink water to get this stuff out and have these uncomfortable reactions.....that's the name of the game...it's the whole point of why your fasting. No need to reinvent the wheel. Just do what works.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sleep has been really fragmented and unrestful lately

not sure how long im going to keep the fast going, tomorrow will be the 2 week mark

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Swill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by t14 View Post
    sleep has been really fragmented and unrestful lately

not sure how long im going to keep the fast going, tomorrow will be the 2 week mark
    Again FYI, this is to be expected... I went on a medically supervised fast to the same facility as CD and it was one of the first things they told me... you have a lot more internal energy as you are not expending the great deal of energy you normally do digesting food, in spite of the fact I imagine at this point walking 100 meters probably tires you out physically. This internal energy messes with your sleep.

I remember waking up suddenly without any drowsiness and feeling like i'd had 9 hours sleep at like 4am in the morning after 5 hours sleep. The advice I was given by the medical guys is to just roll with it and let your body do what its telling you to. If you need to sleep at midday, go for it. If its getting you up in the middle of the night, then just get up. Just wanted to let you know this is all part of the process.

Are you feeling better now you started consistently taking water in? Well done on making it 14 days too, excellent stuff. Next educate yourself on the process for the gradual re-introduction of food and take it slow over the next couple of weeks and be patient. I know you will likely want to sprint forward with the protocol but show the same discipline you have to get this done as its a vital stage.

And for reference if you are stressing out about how you look right now, I finished my fast down at 140 lbs (I'm 6ft tall) and was weak as a kitten, and my avatar picture was taken about 3 and a half months later. Your body will be primed for all the good stuff you are going to do to it with the protocol in the coming weeks and months, so know it will all work out well. Just keep on keeping on.
    WORK! CONSUME! DIE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have decided to keep going to atleast 18 days for now

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by t14 View Post
    have decided to keep going to atleast 18 days for now
    I think that if you can do it, it will only serve to benefit you. Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I think that if you can do it, it will only serve to benefit you. Good luck.
    never looked forward to eating so much in my life