User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'll be breaking my fast today, heart rate is uncomfortably high, have chest pain and I've been unable to sleep more than 1.5 hours the whole night. Hopefully this has done me alot of good, If the acne rash that covers my chest, back and neck now is any indication of how much junk I've been getting out of my system then I think it has lol. I'm confident I can make 15 days again atleast if I need to do another extended fast but hopefully I won't.

I've read conflicting things about what to break your fast with, beyond the general don't eat too much too fast different people seem to do better with different things so it'll probably be a trial and error thing. I'll probably start with frozen berries and work my way up to full meals from there.
    Last edited by t14; 01-09-2017 at 10:42 AM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by t14 View Post
    I think I'll be breaking my fast today, heart rate is uncomfortably high, have chest pain and I've been unable to sleep more than 1.5 hours the whole night. Hopefully this has done me alot of good, If the acne rash that covers my chest, back and neck now is any indication of how much junk I've been getting out of my system then I think it has lol.

I've read conflicting things about what to break your fast with, beyond the general don't eat too much too fast different people seem to do better with different things so it'll probably be a trial and error thing. I'll probably start with frozen berries and work my way up to full meals from there.
    A few things:

You always want to try and break your fast during relatively comfortable periods as breaking it in the middle of a cleansing cycle will put your system through double duty. Wait until some symptoms clear before re-introducing nutrition. By adding food at the wrong time, that stuff you're trying to detox will ultimately stick around for longer because you're going to be using energy for digestion again rather then 100% towards elimination.

It's not a trial and error thing as this has been studied and documented in thousands of fasting patients over the course of 30 years or so. You want to break your fast on juice. The same kind of juice you would make during a juice feast. Juice for two days and then start eating RAW fruits and veggies. Stay on the raw for two or three days then introduce steamed veggies. After a week of juice, raw food, steamed veggies, then you can introduce other foods SLOWLY and in small amounts.

You always want to go slow as you don't want to develop intestinal issues by loading up on too much too quick. Go by these tips and go by how you feel.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 01-09-2017 at 10:49 AM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    A few things:

You always want to try and break your fast during relatively comfortable periods as breaking it in the middle of a cleansing cycle will put your system through double duty. Wait until some symptoms clear before re-introducing nutrition. By adding food at the wrong time, that stuff you're trying to detox will ultimately stick around for longer because you're going to be using energy for digestion again rather then 100% towards elimination.

It's not a trial and error thing as this has been studied and documented in thousands of fasting patients over the course of 30 years or so. You want to break your fast on juice. The same kind of juice you would make during a juice feast. Juice for two days and then start eating RAW fruits and veggies. Stay on the raw for two or three days then introduce steamed veggies. After a week of juice, raw food, steamed veggies, then you can introduce other foods SLOWLY.

You always want to go slow as you don't want to develop intestinal issues by loading up on too much too quick. Go by these tips and go by how you feel.
    what If my physical condition & sleep simply keep getting worse?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by t14 View Post
    what If my physical condition & sleep simply keep getting worse?
    That's the thing....if you fast to "completion" they won't. And this is also why I say "relatively comfortable." If you must break it, then do so on juice and stay on juice until you notice the symptoms drop. Then add in raw foods and eventually steamed.

You'll still continue to detox on juice but it will ease things up a bit because you're giving your body energy without much, if any digestion at all.

Most people won't be able to fast to completion for a variety of reasons, but when you fast to completion you've basically detoxed everything that needs to come out. When this happens, you're symptoms disappear. You're only having symptoms because you're going through a cleansing cycle.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 01-09-2017 at 10:56 AM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the thing....if you fast to "completion" they won't. And this is also why I say "relatively comfortable." If you must break it, then do so on juice and stay on juice until you notice the symptoms drop. Then add in raw foods and eventually steamed.

You'll still continue to detox on juice but it will ease things up a bit because you're giving your body energy without much, if any digestion at all.

Most people won't be able to fast to completion for a variety of reasons, but when you fast to completion you've basically detoxed everything that needs to come out. When this happens, you're symptoms disappear. You're only having symptoms because you're going through a cleansing cycle.
    okay I'll hang in there for a bit longer and see what happens, do you take magnesium/calcium or salt while fasting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fasting quality of life seems to be improving after adding a few pinches of salt to my water every so often, if this keeps up ill keep pushing the length of my fast as long as I can

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I did my first fast, I stopped all kinds of pharms cold turkey. Pain killers, tranquilizers and sleeping pills. I don't recommend doing that nor is it recommended....I didn't tell them I was taking any meds...at that point, I didn't care if I came back from California or not. I was either going to fast and die, or something positive was going to happen....I honestly didn't care at that point. The fast was my hail mary......

It was brutal...those drug detox's alone are horrible let alone when your super detoxing...hell on earth. That's what it was. I was awake for ten days straight until I collapsed. I was literally a zombie.

But what I noticed was when the detox's got really bad....I would reach a point where I thought I was going to lose my shit....and then it would break, or settle down. After these "cleansing episodes" I would notice my urine would stink like chemicals. It was like clock work...Detox, get a bad reaction, feel like I was losing my mind, then calm...then smelly urine...everytime. It came in waves every couple days. Then as I got cleaner, sometimes I would have a few in a day. Then after the worst of it, just every other day or so until I broke the fast. I should have went longer on my first one because I was really fucked, but I was happy to eat after two weeks. I knew right then and there at the 14th day when I was breaking my fast that I was going to have to do another one because I could still tell there was stuff to get out.

The point is, you need to drink water to get this stuff out and have these uncomfortable reactions.....that's the name of the game...it's the whole point of why your fasting. No need to reinvent the wheel. Just do what works.
    How were you able to drop your commitments and everything else for that long? Was this water fast expensive? Is this only in California?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKnighten View Post
    How were you able to drop your commitments and everything else for that long? Was this water fast expensive? Is this only in California?
    I was/am self employed. But even if I wasn't, I would have begged, borrowed and stole to get it done.

It was around $130/day. I was there for a month.

There are other fasting centers but the best one imo, is True North.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was/am self employed. But even if I wasn't, I would have begged, borrowed and stole to get it done.

It was around $130/day. I was there for a month.

There are other fasting centers but the best one imo, is True North.
    CD, I feel like a juice feast won't cure my body. My hormones are very very fucked up. I feel like a water fast only would benefit me, there's just no way I can do it..
    I've still started the juice feast. It tastes horrible.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKnighten View Post
    CD, I feel like a juice feast won't cure my body. My hormones are very very fucked up. I feel like a water fast only would benefit me, there's just no way I can do it..
    I've still started the juice feast. It tastes horrible.
    Seems like you have a problem for every solution.....not gonna help you my friend.

EVERYONES hormones were fucked up....it's PFS.....

And you're right....a juice feast won't cure your body. Neither will a water fast. But it will clean you out so that you can start the process of curing your body more easily.

If your juice taste horrible, add more fruit. If it taste bad, you don't have enough sugars in it.....fix it.