Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 5a-DHP

Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    I think I'm sold on adding it to the routine.

Any noticeable reductions in brain fog or better memory?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Both and yes very noticeable. The main reason for brain fog is the decrease in allopreg...5a-DHP increases allopreg.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Swill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This stuff sounds well worth a try Tubzy, cheers for the heads up! Just put a order through but as I'm in the UK it will take a few weeks to get here. What dosage are you taking?

Hi by the way guys, long time no see
    WORK! CONSUME! DIE!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swill View Post
    This stuff sounds well worth a try Tubzy, cheers for the heads up! Just put a order through but as I'm in the UK it will take a few weeks to get here. What dosage are you taking?

Hi by the way guys, long time no see
    Thanks brother! keep us posted. Some others from solve PFS and ray peat forum will be testing too. We should get some good feedback and we are addressing the underlying symptom IMO at least from this statement.

edit: yes and the dosage I take is anywhere from 5mg up to 30mg, but I found 15mg to be the sweet spot for me, could be different for you though, start at 5mg and see how you feel. I still got effects from 5mg but it seems dose dependent. I think my allopreg was so low that I need to take more than normal people at least on the forum.

Early animal studies and subsequent human ones showed that it is progesterone metabolites formed by the activity of the enzyme 5-AR that are primarily responsible for the beneficial effects of progesterone in the brain and in so many conditions. Administration of a 5-AR inhibitor like finasteride reliably lowers levels of not only DHT but also of 5α-DHP and allopregnanolone. The administratios of a 5-AR inhibitor abolished almost all positive effects of progesterone in the brain. This suggests that it is the 5-AR metabolites of progesterone such as 5α-DHP and allopregnanolone that are primarily responsible for the benefits of progesterone in all these conditions. Reductions in brain allopregnanolone are widely recognized as the single most important factor in mental health (especially depression, suicide, and the infamous "brain fog"). Virtually all SSRI drugs that have shown some effectiveness raise levels of allopregannolone in the brain. However, in people who are under stress, have neurological damage, have endured treatment with finsateride, or are simply loaded with PUFA the enzyme 5-AR is downregulated both in levels and in activity. As such, simply supplementing with progesterone may not have the desired effects of raising allopregnanolone.
    Last edited by TubZy; 12-03-2016 at 05:45 PM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TubZy View Post
    Thanks brother! keep us posted. Some others from solve PFS and ray peat forum will be testing too. We should get some good feedback and we are addressing the underlying symptom IMO at least from this statement.

edit: yes and the dosage I take is anywhere from 5mg up to 30mg, but I found 15mg to be the sweet spot for me, could be different for you though, start at 5mg and see how you feel. I still got effects from 5mg but it seems dose dependent. I think my allopreg was so low that I need to take more than normal people at least on the forum.

Early animal studies and subsequent human ones showed that it is progesterone metabolites formed by the activity of the enzyme 5-AR that are primarily responsible for the beneficial effects of progesterone in the brain and in so many conditions. Administration of a 5-AR inhibitor like finasteride reliably lowers levels of not only DHT but also of 5α-DHP and allopregnanolone. The administratios of a 5-AR inhibitor abolished almost all positive effects of progesterone in the brain. This suggests that it is the 5-AR metabolites of progesterone such as 5α-DHP and allopregnanolone that are primarily responsible for the benefits of progesterone in all these conditions. Reductions in brain allopregnanolone are widely recognized as the single most important factor in mental health (especially depression, suicide, and the infamous "brain fog"). Virtually all SSRI drugs that have shown some effectiveness raise levels of allopregannolone in the brain. However, in people who are under stress, have neurological damage, have endured treatment with finsateride, or are simply loaded with PUFA the enzyme 5-AR is downregulated both in levels and in activity. As such, simply supplementing with progesterone may not have the desired effects of raising allopregnanolone.
    You've certainly had some great additions to add to the puzzle tubz, no doubt.

I'm wondering if once you start using this, if it will help your body naturally fix the problem over time or if it's going to be something that needs to be taken indefinitely. Either way it would be a great addition (if only for some short cycles) to the routine to help people along while they fix every other aspect of their system.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 12-03-2016 at 07:25 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5a-DHP

Thats what I'm wondering as well.

Is it actually going to help up regulate everything or is it just a band aid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its only work until its routine

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'm going to run this stuff on my next cycle. Maybe a little before to get a feel for it....I really don't need the mental boost that much ATM but I'm curious to try it anyway.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    You've certainly had some great additions to add to the puzzle tubz, no doubt.

I'm wondering if once you start using this, if it will help your body naturally fix the problem over time or if it's going to be something that needs to be taken indefinitely. Either way it would be a great addition (if only for some short cycles) to the routine to help people along while they fix every other aspect of their system.
    I asked the same question and confirmed that is has a positive feedback loop just like pregnenolone does meaning it stimulates it's own synthesis instead of negative feedback loop causing shutdown. Not many hormones in the body have a positive feedback mechanism. So it would help fix the underlying problem, which is awesome and what we want.

Also, let me add that this isn't only mental, it's physical too, I feel harder all around and my joints are tight and I'm more vascular. So it's physical too. It increases endogenous DHT along with decreasing both estrogen and prolactin (circulating and receptor level)- no need to cycle it, your not shutting down anything in your body, but actually increasing it or restoring to homestasis.

Just like exogenous DHT can increase the body's own natural synthesis of DHT. https://raypeatforum.com/community/t...nthesis.10433/ which is why I think I became more androgenic after taking a cycle of Superdrol.

Check this link out where I asked it (post number 116) about the positive feedback mechanism.

https://raypeatforum.com/community/t...d.13743/page-6

The studies I have seen show that 5a-DHP stimulated both progesterone synthesis and its own synthesis via 5-AR. So, that is the positive feedback mechanism. The last of negative feedback is a bit more speculative as it has not been tested extensively in vivo, but the few studies on mice and rats did not show 5a-DHP inhibiting any other hormones except estrogen and prolactin. So, at worst it is not inhibiting DHT/T production and at best it may raise endogenous DHT levels.
    Last edited by TubZy; 12-03-2016 at 07:54 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5a-DHP

I asked the same question and confirmed that is has a positive feedback loop just like pregnenolone does meaning it stimulates it's own synthesis instead of negative feedback loop causing shutdown. Not many hormones in the body have a positive feedback mechanism. So it would help fix the underlying problem, which is awesome and what we want.

Also, let me add that this isn't only mental, it's physical too, I feel harder all around and my joints are tight and I'm more vascular. So it's physical too. It increases endogenous DHT along with decreasing both estrogen and prolactin (circulating and receptor level)- no need to cycle it, your not shutting down anything in your body, but actually increasing it or restoring to homestasis.

Just like exogenous DHT can increase the body's own natural synthesis of DHT. https://raypeatforum.com/community/t...nthesis.10433/ which is why I think I became more androgenic after taking a cycle of Superdrol.

Check this link out where I asked it (post number 116) about the positive feedback mechanism.

https://raypeatforum.com/community/t...d.13743/page-6

The studies I have seen show that 5a-DHP stimulated both progesterone synthesis and its own synthesis via 5-AR. So, that is the positive feedback mechanism. The last of negative feedback is a bit more speculative as it has not been tested extensively in vivo, but the few studies on mice and rats did not show 5a-DHP inhibiting any other hormones except estrogen and prolactin. So, at worst it is not inhibiting DHT/T production and at best it may raise endogenous DHT levels.
    TubZ,

How long does a single bottle last you? I'm placing an order here momentarily and I'm curious as to how much I'll need to get for a week, month, etc.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    TubZ,

How long does a single bottle last you? I'm placing an order here momentarily and I'm curious as to how much I'll need to get for a week, month, etc.

A long time but it depends on the dose. The doses are literally little tiny drops. The 5a-DHP is just suspended in MCT oil so zero fillers or anything else.

There is 240 drops per bottle (240mg total). Each drop is 1mg.

Dose can be anywhere from 5mg up to 30mg or even more. I got results from 5mg but more prominent as I increased the dose. 30mg was VERY noticeable, but I don't think you really need that much I thinking of just staying in the 12-15mg per day range. Haidut (the guy who created it) claims to go up to 100mg with very drastic effects but he said no need to go that high. Like he said if your 5AR is working fine you will need less to get effects since allopreg is most likely at normal levels so any small increase will be more noticeable compared to someone like a PFS person who has very low levels and needs a higher dosage to bring them back into the body's normal levels again.
    Last edited by TubZy; 12-04-2016 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5a-DHP

A long time but it depends on the dose. The doses are literally little tiny drops. The 5a-DHP is just suspended in MCT oil so zero fillers or anything else.

There is 240 drops per bottle (240mg total). Each drop is 1mg.

Dose can be anywhere from 5mg up to 30mg or even more. I got results from 5mg but more prominent as I increased the dose. 30mg was VERY noticeable, but I don't think you really need that much I thinking of just staying in the 12-15mg per day range. Haidut (the guy who created it) claims to go up to 100mg with very drastic effects but he said no need to go that high. Like he said if your 5AR is working fine you will need less to get effects since allopreg is most likely at normal levels so any small increase will be more noticeable compared to someone like a PFS person who has very low levels and needs a higher dosage to bring them back into the body's normal levels again.
    Good deal. I'm going to give it a go, it was ordered this morning.

Never Quit.