Thread: 5a-DHP

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticas View Post
    Naturally?

I thought this stuff was a steroid/pro-hormone?

If it's not, sign me upppppppppppppp
    Why would that stop you?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Atticas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    Why would that stop you?
    I don't want to be associated with steroids or prohormones outside of doctor's suggestion

I took them once that I know of at the recommendation of Dr. Eugene Shippen, but I personally just don't want to attribute my body and hard work with unnatural means.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suffer from this plus sunken in eyes and loose facial skin.

Got the muscles part back though because I looooooooove working out and CDN's herb list helped give my energy back.
    If you are really really bad try this:

100-150mg oral pregnenolone with breakfast
    15-20mg of 5a-DHP with dinner
    cut out all polyunsaturated fats and use coconut oil for everything (cooking/eating etc.)
    continue with the herbs
    topical magnesium chloride (to support proper enzyme conversion for the hormones) AM and PM

Preg will also help your skin since it increases micro-circulation. Preg will also increases the conversion from T4 to T3, which should help your thyroid.

- - - Updated - - -

Naturally?

I thought this stuff was a steroid/pro-hormone?

If it's not, sign me upppppppppppppp
    It is a steroid and also a neurosteroid. Your body naturally produces it and also has a positive feedback mechanism. Your not going to get big on this stuff- if that is what you think. And it's not "unnatural" either.
    Last edited by TubZy; 12-08-2016 at 10:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TubZy View Post
    If you are really really bad try this:

100-150mg oral pregnenolone with breakfast
    15-20mg of 5a-DHP with dinner
    cut out all polyunsaturated fats and use coconut oil for everything (cooking/eating etc.)
    continue with the herbs
    topical magnesium chloride (to support proper enzyme conversion for the hormones) AM and PM

Preg will also help your skin since it increases micro-circulation. Preg will also increases the conversion from T4 to T3, which should help your thyroid.

- - - Updated - - -

It is a steroid and also a neurosteroid. Your body naturally produces it and also has a positive feedback mechanism. Your not going to get big on this stuff- if that is what you think. And it's not "unnatural" either.
    So it's not a steroid in the sense of something like tren, clen, dianabol....... or anything that would get me banned from an athletic event?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5a-DHP

I don't want to be associated with steroids or prohormones outside of doctor's suggestion

I took them once that I know of at the recommendation of Dr. Eugene Shippen, but I personally just don't want to attribute my body and hard work with unnatural means.
    Nobody's going to fault you for taking something that helps mate. & trust me it does!

Tubz isn't coconut oil a mild 5-ar inhibitor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its only work until its routine

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    Nobody's going to fault you for taking something that helps mate. & trust me it does!

Tubz isn't coconut oil a mild 5-ar inhibitor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, to an extent, but the benefits out weight the mild inhibition of it (which I never personally witnessed). I was scared of it for a long time, but I felt better on it especially when you are taking other hormones. Anything that increases metabolism is going to increase enzyme conversion enhancing downstream effects (similar to magnesium).

Coconut oil increases metabolism (thyroid via T3). T3 regulates 5AR and is androgenic, anti-estrogenic along with also increasing androgen receptors. It also contains a similar natural chemical similar to pregnenolone.

Polyunsaturated fats like vegetable oils are estrogenic, anti thyroid and inflammatory- avoid them.

Fin really slowed down our thyroid badly due to the increase in estrogen, prolactin, cortisol and serotonin, which makes sense since thyroid (T3) is androgenic. This is my personal opinion, but I think the reason why everyone's digestion is so screwed up and also immune issues, b/c when the metabolism is slowed from the thyroid being suppressed and body temp is not adequate, candida can grow, not enough HCL acid for digestion, parasites, pathogens etc.

Bacteria/fungus etc. can't survive in high temperature heat (like your optimal body temps or higher)- just like when you get a "fever" when your sick.

Also the increased cortisol levels suppress the immune system. So it is just a viscous circle.

DHT increases body temp via thyroid. DHT is very PRO thyroid, which a lot of it comes down to the "fat loss" effect of DHT and similar androgens. I notice it all the time but when my DHT levels are higher I sweat way more and can eat whatever the fuck I want and stay lean as hell.

And for all you R-andro users androsterone actually is a thyroid mimetic https://raypeatforum.com/community/t...steroid.12614/

T3 and androgen receptors
    Direct regulation of androgen receptor-associated protein 70 by thyroid hormone and its receptors. - PubMed - NCBI
    Last edited by TubZy; 12-08-2016 at 11:02 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it's not a steroid in the sense of something like tren, clen, dianabol....... or anything that would get me banned from an athletic event?
    No, they would have to test specifically for it and even if they did I doubt it would be out of range unless you were taking extremely high doses.

Are you a competitive athlete?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, they would have to test specifically for it and even if they did I doubt it would be out of range unless you were taking extremely high doses.

Are you a competitive athlete?
    No. I've just always wanted to stay natural when it comes to my body and weightlifting... at least until I've reached say my mid-thirties or so...

I realize I can't say I'm spotless anymore since taking oral testosterone-E recommended by Dr. Eugene Shippen once upon a time, but I still really wanna try and stay clean and natural now.

So yea, I'm down for trying natural things... if this is natural and not considered an illegal substance, I might try this as well.

Where do you buy it at?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, to an extent, but the benefits out weight the mild inhibition of it (which I never personally witnessed). I was scared of it for a long time, but I felt better on it especially when you are taking other hormones. Anything that increases metabolism is going to increase enzyme conversion enhancing downstream effects.

Coconut oil increases metabolism (thyroid via T3). T3 regulates 5AR and is androgenic, anti-estrogenic along with also increasing androgen receptors. It also contains a similar natural chemical similar to pregnenolone.

Fin really slowed down our thyroid badly due to the increase in estrogen, prolactin, cortisol and serotonin, which makes sense since thyroid (T3) is androgenic. This is my personal opinion, but I think the reason why everyone's digestion is so screwed up and also immune issues, b/c when the metabolism is slowed from the thyroid being suppressed and body temp is not adequate, candida can grow, not enough HCL acid for digestion, parasites, pathogens etc.

Also the increased cortisol levels suppress the immune system. So it is just a viscous circle.

T3 and androgen receptors
    Direct regulation of androgen receptor-associated protein 70 by thyroid hormone and its receptors. - PubMed - NCBI
    Grass fed tallow is my personal cooking oil...still mostly saturated & low PUFA

Is there any sort of resource out there that talks about how strongly things actually inhibit 5-ar? I've wanted to start taking tumeric/curcumin because its an amazing natural anti-inflammatory, but again its a mild 5-ar inhibitor.

I definitely agree with the thyroid points you made. A few weeks post-crash my TSH was measured at 37.

I didn't realize t3 regulated 5 alpha...I do hope the fact that I have to take pig thyroid doesn't keep me from recovering at all. I've heard some back and forth as to weather pig thyroid and human thyroid are bio-identical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if these are steroids or prohormones or whatever..... how is that website allowed to sell them?

lol I'm so confused about where exactly the line is drawn now between natural and unnatural with supplement companies