Established Member Feedback Score 0 Atticas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Werent you one of those guys?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    The first day I took it, yea. I felt like I had gotten incredible energy from it.

Now, it doesn't really feel like it does much. I mean, I've felt like I've seen some improvement in sleep and mental clarity, but I'm not even sure if I could have related that to 5a-DHP alone considering I started taking different supplements around the same time such as the magnesium and B complexes, as well as glycine and melatonin at night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya know, going back and reading, maybe there is something off with my adrenals or something that's not allowing me to feel great energy again like I did before...

Gonna try and lay off the caffeine today while I take the 5a-DHP.

Btw, CDN, I noticed TubZy has actually recommended the idea of taking pine pollen with 5a-DHP supplementation, and I noticed you've been recommending people suffering from PFS should go ahead and take pine pollen everyday for hormone balance/greater effects from herbs.

So I think today, I'll take the preg, 5a-DHP (today at just 20mg), and some pine pollen. Question CDN: Do you recommend the pine pollen power for everyday use, or the tincture? I have both downstairs still.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticas View Post
    Ya know, going back and reading, maybe there is something off with my adrenals or something that's not allowing me to feel great energy again like I did before...

Gonna try and lay off the caffeine today while I take the 5a-DHP.

Btw, CDN, I noticed TubZy has actually recommended the idea of taking pine pollen with 5a-DHP supplementation, and I noticed you've been recommending people suffering from PFS should go ahead and take pine pollen everyday for hormone balance/greater effects from herbs.

So I think today, I'll take the preg, 5a-DHP (today at just 20mg), and some pine pollen. Question CDN: Do you recommend the pine pollen power for everyday use, or the tincture? I have both downstairs still.
    You need to remember higher doses of 5a-DHP doesn't automatically mean better results. It is a precursor to allopreg so you body has to convert it into allopreg through the tightly regulated coenzyme activity of NAD/NADH compared to say taking bioidentical allopreg, where there is no regulation or conversion process by the body. That is why I suggest trying niacinamide before increasing 5a-DHP dose. Niacinamide greatly increases NAD/NADH which is how it improves androgenic signalling.

If you feel tired later on in the day before the gym why not just take it preworkout with the caffeine instead? That how most of us have been using it anyway.

Another option you could try would be progesterone and dhea comobo in a 1:1 ratio. Progesterone will antagonize estrogen, increase allopreg, increase thyroid and regulate cortisol and the DHEA will convert into DHT (since progesterone will block the estrogen pathway) and counter any of the possible anti androgenic effects from higher dose progesterone.
    Last edited by TubZy; 03-05-2017 at 02:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TubZy View Post
    You need to remember higher doses of 5a-DHP doesn't automatically mean better results. It is a precursor to allopreg so you body has to convert it into allopreg through the tightly regulated coenzyme activity of NAD/NADH compared to say taking bioidentical allopreg, where there is no regulation or conversion process by the body. That is why I suggest trying niacinamide before increasing 5a-DHP dose. Niacinamide greatly increases NAD/NADH which is how it improves androgenic signalling.

If you feel tired later on in the day before the gym why not just take it preworkout with the caffeine instead? That how most of us have been using it anyway.

Another option you could try would be progesterone and dhea comobo in a 1:1 ratio. Progesterone will antagonize estrogen, increase allopreg, increase thyroid and regulate cortisol and the DHEA will convert into DHT (since progesterone will block the estrogen pathway) and counter any of the possible anti androgenic effects from higher dose progesterone.
    Oh nah, I think you misunderstood me man.

I do take that stuff pre-workout!

Just been feeling tired during they gym and after though. Otherwise, I feel pretty fine throughout the day.

Iunno. We'll see what happens today.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Tubzy!
    Also Tubzy can you expand more on the DHEA and prog combo? I have DHEA and pregnenolone pills, progesterone cream and 5a-DHP drops at home.
    Sounds weird but I think I feel better when I increase my estrogen a bit. I had really low E2 on both my blood tests.
    This makes me curious of trying higher dose DHEA(like 25mg) which would normally convert into estrogen along with my 100mg preg and possibly progesterone cream.
    Thoughts?

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theshogun View Post
    I agree with Tubzy!
    Also Tubzy can you expand more on the DHEA and prog combo? I have DHEA and pregnenolone pills, progesterone cream and 5a-DHP drops at home.
    Sounds weird but I think I feel better when I increase my estrogen a bit. I had really low E2 on both my blood tests.
    This makes me curious of trying higher dose DHEA(like 25mg) which would normally convert into estrogen along with my 100mg preg and possibly progesterone cream.
    Thoughts?
    Estrogen definitely has a sweet spot that seems to be different for everyone. Crushing it completely is never a good thing as it's still needed in small amounts for a guy to function and feel his best.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Tubzy!
    Thoughts?
    DHEA and preg? or DHEA and prog? Either one can work. They both helped me big time. Preg strongly converts directly in progesterone.

I found I can take progesterone when combined with DHEA, my libido goes up and stress goes way down. I also can sleep like a rock taken at any time compared to 5a-DHP when taken too late can be stimulating. Despite the bad rep progesterone gets for males it actually can be very beneficial. We know that progesterone and pregnenolone are both depleted in patients who either take or taken finasteride. High doses of oral progesterone were shown to increase DHT, T and increase prostate size while reducing estrogen. LH and FSH did not change so zero suppression. Human equivalent dose would be 200mg-400mg of progesterone.

http://www.karger.com/Article/Pdf/122997

Both 5a-dhp and preg can increase progesterone, but you can try taking straight progesterone you will definitely feel it. It would be similar to 5a-dhp but safer since it is further up the chain. Any steroid that is closer to cholesterol in the hormonal chain is always going to be safer. Similar to 5a-dhp but more of euphoric type feeling and much stronger in terms of it will put out in terms of sleep. I used it prior to before 5a-DHP ever came out, I felt kinda of puffy after a few days so I dropped it and never took it again. When I added 5mg of DHEA with the progesterone dose the side effects went away, libido went up and I don't get puffy. The biggest help I found from pure progesterone is the resistance to stress and lasts much longer, stuff is more stronger than 5a-dhp IMO for that purpose. Since progesterone has strong estrogen anatagonism, adding DHEA will only go the DHT route leading to greater androgenic effects. Just make sure you eat enough carbs/sugar, progesterone can put you in a temporary hyperthyroid state if you are very deficient because it causes the other hormonal glands to regulate and normalize.

I assume using androsterone could work too instead of DHEA, but DHEA would be safer. Just experiment with some stuff and if you do, do not go over 15mg DHEA daily. So the most you can is 5mg split into 3 doses otherwise any more than that will go to estrogen. I would just start with pure progesterone and if you notice any similar anti androgenic type symptoms add the dhea in.
    Last edited by TubZy; 03-06-2017 at 07:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright man, I have actually been rubbing progesterone cream on my ballsack before going to bed a few times in the last week and it seems to help.
    I went overboard with DHEA last 2 days, took 25mg both times so I will lower it to 12.5mg. Also gonna take 50mg Pregnenolone, 5 drops 5a-DHP preworkout with 100mg caffeine and rubbing progesterone on my nutsack before sleep.

Sound good?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright man, I have actually been rubbing progesterone cream on my ballsack before going to bed a few times in the last week and it seems to help.
    I went overboard with DHEA last 2 days, took 25mg both times so I will lower it to 12.5mg. Also gonna take 50mg Pregnenolone, 5 drops 5a-DHP preworkout with 100mg caffeine and rubbing progesterone on my nutsack before sleep.

Sound good?
    Yeah, that could work. I'm not a fan of progesterone creams 99% of them are underdosed and contain other parabens, fragrances, fillers etc. The best way is to find some that are dissolved in vitamin E, it not only is protected better but absorbs much better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the Preg,DHEA,Prog combo definitely seems to do something. That, combined with creatine, weightlifting and NoFap I walk around with supreme confidence. I feel a lot more social, girls stare at me and strike up conversations.
    I also do daily mobility work, meditation and cold showers.
    My diet is not great atm, I still eat grains like rice and gluten free oats to bulk up and gain weight. But no sugary crap, processed foods etc.
    Wish I had more money to invest in herbs but that is just the situation atm