User Tag List

Thread: TRT question

Established Member Feedback Score 0 HIXX504's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TRT question

I've been on TRT for about four months now and when I went to get blood work a couple of weeks ago me urologist office called back after they got the results and told me I needed to go and donate blood. Can someone explain to me why? The nurse that called me didn't seem to know much about it.
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without seeing the results its hard to say for sure but most likely due to increased RBC levels.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 HIXX504's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your response. The people at the blood bank said I had high iron levels in my blood. It was at 54 and they said that at 56 they couldn't have taken my blood. I looked around online and increased RBC was the only reason I could find that my Dr would send me to donate blood. Before I started TRT my total test was at 214 and after about three weeks on the gel I went to the urologist and my total test was around 600 I think. For the last three months I've been on 100 mg injection of test C every week. That's all the info I can give you right now. I'm gonna see call my urologist office and try to get the results from my most recent blood work. Is there anything else besides high red blood cell count that they would send me to donate blood for?

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HIXX504 View Post
    I've been on TRT for about four months now and when I went to get blood work a couple of weeks ago me urologist office called back after they got the results and told me I needed to go and donate blood. Can someone explain to me why? The nurse that called me didn't seem to know much about it.
    I'm going to say because your iron is probably too high.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    High iron and high RBC go hand in hand, more blood, more hemoglobin, more iron.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LBC-83 View Post
    High iron and high RBC go hand in hand, more blood, more hemoglobin, more iron.
    Well that makes sense now, doesn't it?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes more sense than it doesn't.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LBC-83 View Post
    Makes more sense than it doesn't.
    I actually never gave it much thought. I just knew that is what was recommended when Iron was high.