User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Testosterone Enanthate
    Pharmaceutical Name: Testosterone (as Enanthate)
    Chemical structure: 4-androstene-3-one,17beta-ol
    Effective dose: 250-1000 mg/week

Testosterone is the prime male androgen in the body, and as such still the best possible mass builder in the world. It has a high risk of side-effects because it readily converts to a more androgenic form (DHT) in androgen responsive tissues and forms estrogen quite easily. But these characteristics also provide it with its extreme anabolic tendencies. On the one hand estrogen increases growth hormone output, glucose utilization, improves immunity and upgrades the androgen receptor, while on the other hand a testosterone/DHT combination is extremely potent at activating the androgen receptor and eliciting major strength and size gains. While not always the most visually appealing result, there is no steroid on earth that packs on mass like testosterone does.

Like testosterone cypionate, enanthate is a single-ester and long-acting form of the base steroid testosterone. To me, its slightly better value for money than the aforementioned because its ester is only 7 instead of 8 carbons in length. Where that doesn't really change much in terms of release and blood concentration for users who inject on a weekly basis, that does mean that less of the weight is ester and more of it is testosterone. When taking an amount of an esterified steroid, that amount in terms of weight is a combination of the ester and the steroid. Naturally the longer the ester is, the more of the weight it takes up. So its safe to state that 500 mg of enanthate contains more testosterone than does 500 mg of cypionate. Not that this slight difference will be noted on a weekly pattern really, but its enough for me to give it a slight edge if given the choice. Although, as stated with cypionate, your choice between enanthate and cypionate is best based on availability. These are a much better choice than sustanon 250 or omnadren, which are blends of different testosterone esters, due to their irregular release. Nonetheless these versions still appear to be more popular with most users for some reason. Before you compare these to shorter esters under the pretense that even more of the weight would be testosterone, for bulking purposes the release pattern and injection pattern of an enanthate or cypionate is more fitting than that of say, a propionate ester. Enanthate and cypionate are very close in those terms, hence the comparison is possible.

A long-acting testosterone ester may be the best for all your mass-building needs, but its not an easy product to use. Because of the extreme length of action (3-4 weeks) one cannot easily solve occurring problems by simply discontinuing the product, as it will continue to act and aggravate side-effects over extended periods of time. In regards to damage control and post-cycle therapy, some familiarity with the use of ancillary drugs is required prior to using a long-acting testosterone product. Nolvadex and Proviron will come in very handy in such cases and post-cycle HCG and clomid or Nolvadex will be required as well to help restore natural testosterone. Frequency of side-effects is probably highest with this type of product.

While most will tell you it's a waste to not use testosterone, as it will take ages longer to build proper mass, these are all points to take into consideration. Testosterone is a product that is heavily used by beginners and veterans alike and justly so. Those who fear they may never understand the proper use of ancillary drugs, may want to suck it up and invest in some propionate or suspension testosterones instead. These are much shorter acting and easier to control, but they do need to be injected once every two days, whereas this type of ester will impart great gains with a single weekly injection. Something to keep in mind.

Testosterone is the most powerful compound there is, so obviously its perfectly fine to use it by itself. With a long-acting ester like Enanthate doses of 500-1000 mg per week are used with very clear results over a 10 week period. If you've ever seen a man swell up with sheer size, then testosterone was the cause of it. But testosterone is nonetheless often stacked. Due to the high occurrence of side-effects, people will usually split up a stack in testosterone and a milder component in order to obtain a less risky cycle, but without having to give up as much of the gains. Primobolan, Equipoise and Deca-Durabolin are the weapons of choice in this matter.

Deca seems to be the most popular, probably because of its extremely mild androgenic nature. But Deca being one of the highest risks for just about every other side-effects, I probably wouldn't advise it. If Deca is used, generally a dose of 200-400 mg is added to 500-750 mg of testosterone per week. Primobolan is sometimes opted for, and can be handy since it doesn't aromatize, which will make the total level of water retention and fat gain a lot less than with more test or with Deca for example. Unfortunately, its mild nature combined with a lack of estrogen make Primobolan a very poor mass builder. Again, doses of 300-400 mg are used. I would actually suggest a higher dose, but with the current prices for Primo I don't think it would be very popular. My personal preference goes out to Equipoise. Androgenically its not that much stronger than Deca because it has next to no affinity for the 5-alpha-reductase enzyme and is only half as androgenic as testosterone. Its twice as strong as Deca, mg for mg, and has a lower occurrence of side-effects. It has some estrogen, but not a whole lot so it actually tends to lean a person out rather than bloat him up as Deca will. It also increases appetite, which promotes gains, and improves aerobic performance, which may be wishful as testosterone normally has an opposite effect.

Of course testosterone Enanthate can be stacked with any number of compounds apart from these, but these make the best match. When stacking with testosterone, one needs to look at what the other compound can bring. Either it has a characteristic that testosterone doesn't have, or its nominally safer. The testosterone will bring all the mass, so adding another steroid to enhance mass alone, is futile. More testosterone is the best remedy for that.

One needs to be familiar with a host of other compounds when using long-acting testosterone esters however. First of all, anti-estrogens. The rate of aromatization of testosterone is quite great, so water retention and fat gain are a fact and gyno is never far off. If problems occur one is best to start on 20 mg of Nolvadex per day and stay on that until problems subside. I wouldn't stay on it for a whole cycle, as it may reduce the gains. In terms of an aromatase blocker, testosterone is one of the few compounds where Proviron may actually be preferred over arimidex. The proviron will not only reduce estrogen and can be used for extended time on a testosterone cycle, it will also bind with great affinity to sex-hormone binding proteins in the blood and will allow for a higher level of free testosterone in the body, thus improving gains. Usually 50-100 mg will suffice, the lower end is preferred for maximal results since estrogen plays a key role in gains, but those more worried about estrogen should opt for a higher dose.

For those worried about androgenic side-effects (hair loss, prostate hypertrophy, deepening of voice), one can utilize the hair loss treatment finasteride. This blocks the 5-alpha-reductase enzyme and stops the conversion of testosterone to the more androgenic compound DHT. I'm not a big fan of this, because DHT reduces estrogenic bloat, increases free levels of testosterone and is a very potent androgen that is 3-4 times stronger than testosterone. Those worried about hair loss however, may want to opt for arimidex as their anti-aromatase, since Proviron is a form of DHT after all. After a cycle, mainly due to the high aromatization and increased levels of estradiol in the blood after discontinuing, natural testosterone levels will be severely suppressed. This means steps need to be taken to assure the quick return of natural testosterone, or we stand to lose a lot of the gains we made while using testosterone. Since it's a non-toxic, potent mass-builder its mostly used in long 10-12 week cycles. So some testicular shrinkage will have occurred too. Its very important that people see that HCG and Nolvadex/clomid are essential as a post-cycle therapy, and that both are equally important in achieving our goal. HCG injections should be started the last week of the cycle and continued for 3-4 weeks, using 1500-3000 IU every 5-6 days. HCG will act as an alternative to LH and start the endogenous testosterone cycle, thereby increasing testicle size once again. Then about 2 weeks after the last shot of testosterone is given, Nolvadex/Clomid cycle should be started. 40 mg of Nolva or 150 mg of Clomid per day for two weeks, followed by two more weeks with either 20 mg of Nolva or 100 mg of Clomid per day should be adequate. Always remember that HCG is suppressive of natural testosterone itself and should be discontinued at least 2 weeks prior to finishing Nolvadex/Clomid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Testosterone Suspension
    Pharmaceutical Name: Testosterone (as H2O suspension)
    Chemical structure: 4-androstene-3-one,17beta-ol
    Effective dose: 25-100 mg/day

If testosterone is the most powerful mass builder, then gram for gram this is the most powerful testosterone. Suspension is pure testosterone and has no ester attached, and thus no ester calculated in the weight. Where 100 mg of a testosterone ester equals 100 mg minus the weight of the ester, 100 mg of testosterone suspension contains an actual 100 mg of the steroid. Very potent and very powerful. Although it is a rather crude compound, it is without a doubt very, very effective. Suspension is not only not esterified, its not even dissolved in oil the way esters are. Instead it is an aqueous suspension, much like the injectable forms of Winstrol/Stromba (stanazolol). Since a steroid, made of cholesterol, is somewhat lipophillic, it does not readily dissolve in water either. Just as with Winstrol, we will note that the steroid accumulates at the bottom, separated from its water environment if the vial is left sitting for a while. So before use a vial should be shaken, which will provide an even distribution, and then drawn out of the vial. It probably couldn't hurt to shake the syringe again before injecting as well.

Because of its water carrier it does not go directly into the blood, but when it does enter the bloodstream it is released quite quickly delivering very high peak doses. It is injected every day, to every other day at the very least. Some seem to claim that water based steroids will still last in the body for several days on end, but this is not a generally accepted, let alone proven fact. In fact while the steroid probably does exert some action for 2-3 days, most athletes will opt to take advantage of the peak dose and inject it daily. If one sees that even a short ester steroid like propionate is injected every day to every other day in most cases, this logic is easy to follow.

One reason for the extreme success users have had with testosterone suspension is no doubt the extreme doses used. Where one would take 50 mg of winstrol every day to every other day, suspension is injected daily at 100 mg in most cases. Factoring in that there is more testosterone per mg than in an esterified form, it's a safe conclusion that this is almost twice the dose of any other form of testosterone normally used. The results are nothing safe of amazing. Using the optimal peak doses of the steroid, weight is gained at an amazing rate and the steroid accumulates faster than with esters, so gains are seen in a lot shorter time-frame as well. Stack that with another base steroid and an aromatizable oral such as Dianabol (methandrostenolone) and one should not be amazed at weight increases of up to 30 pounds in 8 weeks.

Because of the high peak doses and the extreme amounts used, the characteristics tend to become more pronounced as well. The muscle gain is usually accompanied by severe bloat and water retention, some adipose storage and the risk of gyno is never too far off. Being a very androgenic component as well, suspension may aggravate male pattern hair loss, cause prostate hypertrophy, increase body and facial hair, deepen the voice and so forth, quite easily, in comparison to other steroids. These all need to be taken into account. Despite its controllable nature and short frame of action, suspension is mostly used for bulking purposes. Even with concomitant use of Proviron, some water retention can still occur. Perhaps due to the extreme doses used.

Just as with the water-based injectable Winstrol, suspension too is believed to be able to give local growth if injected in a particular area, which has no doubt increased its popularity. Its slightly friendlier to inject than Winstrol or Propionate, because it has a very small crystalline form that passes through a 27 gauge needle easily. But the injections will still not be the most pleasant ones ever felt. Especially when given daily. I myself do not attach a whole lot of belief to the theory of site injection and local growth, but some big names in this industry such as Bill Llewellyn seem to lend it some form of credibility. So I will not elaborate on this debacle anymore than I have. For those willing to give it a shot, I'm sure it can't hurt (well it will hurt, but it won't hurt your gains no matter where you inject it).

The number of available suspensions in the world has been reduced to 5, and is therefore not the easiest product to locate on the black market. In Australia the compound can still easily be found, and no doubt a whole host of Mexican imports. Because the crystalline form is quite sophisticated, I wouldn't dream of purchasing suspension from an underground source, one may be disappointed and literally hurt if trying to inject a cruder form of suspension. I wouldn't really trust any other form besides the 5 listed above at this moment in time.

Because anyone would be hard-pressed to use this particular steroid for cutting, it should really only be administered for bulking purposes. Its not immediately a compound for beginners, it requires some skill. First of all to site inject and rotate injection sites, but also to deal with the occurrence of side-effects, which may be a little more pronounced than with testosterone esters. The compound is best injected daily, using 50-100 mg per day. It is best stacked with other products for the express purpose of adding mass, probably a base compound with a lower occurrence of androgenic side-effects such as Deca-Durabolin or Equipoise in doses of 300-400 mg per week. On can of course, as usual add an oral bulking agent such as Dianabol (methandrostenolone) or Anadrol (oxymetholone) to kickstart gains, but testosterone suspension should deliver results in a shorter time-span than esterified testosterones, mostly due to high peak doses and immediate accumulation. Although for best results one would opt to use it for 10-12 weeks, few will last that long with giving themselves daily injections.

An anti-estrogen such as Nolvadex is best kept on hand, as there is little doubt that estrogenic problems will occur. Using 30-40 mg/day until well after problems have subsided is advised. Cautious individuals will opt to run proviron or arimidex, aromatase blockers, alongside testosterone suspension to prevent any estrogen from building up. While this will strongly reduce gains, testosterone suspension is still a very adequate compound. Proviron is to be given preference as an aromatase blocker with all forms of testosterone, but those prone to androgenic side-effects such as male pattern hair loss would do wise to invest in the stronger and more expensive arimidex, since proviron can increase androgen-related side-effects. Testosterone is, next to nandrolone, the most suppressive drug of natural testosterone. So its an absolute must, especially after long cycles, to include HCG and Nolvadex or Clomid after a cycle. Running HCG for the last two weeks of a cycle and two weeks after in doses of 3000-5000 IU every 5-6 days, and then starting Nolvadex 4-5 days after last shot of testosterone, beginning at 40-50 mg per day for two weeks and then 20-25 mg/day for another two weeks seems to be the best course of action to follow in this instance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trenbolone Enanthate(from steroid.com)
    Trenbolone Base + Enanthate Ester)
    [17beta-Hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one]
    Formula (base): C18 H22 O2
    Formula (ester): C7 H12 O
    Molecular Weight (base): 270.3706
    Molecular Weight (ester): 130.1864
    Melting Point (base): 183-186C
    Manufacturer: Stark, Dpharm, Various
    Effective Dose (Men): 300-600mgs/wk
    Effective Dose (Women): Not recommended
    Active life: 8 days
    Detection Time: 5 months
    Anabolic/Androgenic ratio: 500/500

Trenbolone enanthate was the steroid produced by underground labs to take the place of Parabolan, and its obscure ester. Tren enanthate basically is the longest acting version of tren we have available on the market right now, and it actually offers a couple of advantages over the traditional Tren A that's been available for the last couple of years as either an UG Product, or from converting Finaplex Pellets into an injectable.

I had the opportunity to be one of the first athletes in the world to try this product, from the UG "Stark Labs." It was so new, in fact, that when I sent it away for testing, the lab told me that they had nothing to really compare it to, and that they were simply estimating potency and legitimacy based on the respective values for the Trenbolone molecule and the Enanthate ester.

I'm not going to go into the various merits of trenbolone, but I would like to discuss some unique properties the Enanthate version has. For one reason or another, this stuff doesn’t give me tren cough, and I am particularly susceptible to this side-effect of Tren, which basically cripples me for the first week I use it. Regardless of whether I use home-brewed Tren, UG lab Tren, or Vet-Grade, I was basically crippled for the first week of use. I can't tell you why, exactly, this was, and can only speculate that it was due to a rise in prostaglandins. Tren enanthate didn't have this effect on me, however. Yeah, that's right. I know that the ester attached to a steroid doesn't dictate any of its properties, but in this particular case, I believe that the enanthate ester provided less of a sharp rise in prostaglandin levels and allowed my body to not develop the dreaded "tren-cough" that usually side-lines me when I start a cycle including Tren.

There is a method of prostaglandin production whereby prostaglandins made from one pathway in particular happen to dictate some muscle constriction as well as platlet aggregation, while the other method of production dictates bronchial constriction, and this could possibly be the means by which Tren Acetate causes that vicious cough. The reason why—though this is speculation—the enanthate version doesn't cause this rapid rise in prostaglandins is because of its more steady release, and my body's ability to gradually acclimatize itself to this. If you look at the graphs in the Minto studies (in the Deca profile), you'll see that the rise and rapid peak in blood plasma levels afforded by short esters are profoundly higher than those provided with longer esters, and it's my belief that the enanthate ester provides a lower peak level and less rapid rise in prostaglandin levels, especially the ones which dictate that second form of prostaglandin release which causes bronchial constriction. I feel that this bronchial constriction never really leaves you while you use any form of Tren, and this is what causes the shortness of breath experienced by many athletes on Tren.

Anyway, clearly the long estered Tren is a viable compound for those who wish to make minimal injections, and still use a nice lean-mass providing, non-aromatizing anabolic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anavar ( Oxandrolone ) Profile

(from anavar.com)
    Chemical Name: 17b-hydroxy-17a-methyl-2-oxa-5a-androstane-3-one
    Synonyms: 17beta-Hydroxy-17-methyl-2-oxa-5alpha-androstan-3-one; Oxandrolone;
    Chemical Formula: C19H30O3
    Molecular Weight: 306.4442
    Bodybuilders and power lifters, in particular, like Oxandrolone for three reasons. First, Oxandrolone causes a strong strength gain by stimulating the phosphocreatine synthesis in the muscle cell without depositing liquid (water) in the joints and the muscles. Power lifters and weightlifters who do not want to end up in a higher weight class take advantage of this since it allows them to get stronger without gaining body weight at the same time. The combination of Oxandrolone and 20 - 30 mg Halotestin daily has proven to be very effective since the muscles also look harder. Similarly good results can be achieved by a simultaneous intake of Oxandrolone and 120-140 mcg Clenbuterol per day. Although Oxandrolone itself does not cause a noticeable muscle growth it can clearly improve the muscle-developing effect of many steroids. Deca-Durabolin, Dianabol, and the various testosterone compounds, in particular, combine well with Oxandrolone to achieve a "mass buildup" because the strength gain caused by the intake of these highly tissue-developing and liquid-retaining substances results in an additional muscle mass. A stack of 200 mg Deca-Durabolin/week, 500 mg Testosterone Enanthate (e.g. Testoviron Depot 250)/week, and 25 mg Oxandrolone/day leads to a good gain in strength and mass in most athletes. Deca-Durabolin has a distinct anabolic effect and stimulates the synthesis of protein; Oxandrolone improves the strength by a higher phosphocreatine synthesis; and Testosterone Enanthate increases the aggressiveness for the workout and accelerates regeneration.
    The second reason why Oxandrolone is so popular is that this compound does not aromatize in any dosage. As already mentioned, a certain part of the testosterone present in the body is converted into estrogen. This aromatization process, depending on the predisposition, can vary distinctly from one athlete to another. Oxandrolone is one of the few steroids, which cannot aromatize to estrogen. This characteristic has various advantages for the athlete. With Oxandrolone the muscle system does not get the typical watery appearance as with many steroids, thus making it very interesting during the preparation for a competition. In this phase it is especially important to keep the estrogen level as low as possible since estrogen programs the body to store water even if the diet is calorie-reduced. In combination with a diet, Oxandrolone helps to make the muscles hard and ripped. Although Oxandrolone itself does not break down fat, it plays an indirect role in this process because the substance often suppresses the athlete's appetite. Oxandrolone can also cause some bloating, which in several athletes, results in nausea and vomiting when the tablets are taken with meals. The package insert of the Italian Oxandrolone notes its effect on the activity of the gastrointestinal tract. Some athletes thus report continued diarrhea. Although these symptoms are not very pleasant they still help the athlete break down fat and become harder. Those who work out for a competition or are interested in gaining quality muscles should combine Oxandrolone with steroids such as Winstrol, Parabolan, Masteron, Primobolan, and Testosterone Propionate. A stack of 50 mg Winstrol every two days, 50 mg Testosterone Propionate every two days, and 25 mg Oxandrolone every day has proven effective. Another advantage of Oxandrolone's non-aromatization is that athletes who suffer from high blood pressure or develop gynecomastia of the thymus glands when taking stronger androgenic steroids will not have these side effects with this compound. The. Oxandrolone/Deca-Durabolin stack is a welcome alternative for this group of athletes or for athletes showing signs of poor health during mass buildup with testosterone, Dianabol, or Anadrol 50. Athletes over forty should predominantly use Oxandrolone.
    The third reason which speaks well for an intake of Oxandrolone is that even in a very high dosage this compound does not influence the body's own testosterone production. To make this clear: Oxandrolone does not suppress the body's own hormone production. The reason is that it does not have a negative feedback mechanism on the hypothalamohypophysial testicular axis, meaning that during the intake of Oxandrolone, unlike during the intake of most anabolic steroids, the testes signal the hypothalamus not to reduce or to stop the release of GnRH (gonadotropin releasing hormone) and LHRH Luteinizing hormone releasing hormone). This special feature of Oxandrolone can be explained by the fact that the substance is not converted into estrogen Oxandrolone (Anavar), when given to normal men in high doses does not reduce the seminal volume or count, nor can it be converted (aromatized) into estrogen.
    Oxandrolone combines very well with Andriol, since Andriol does not aromatize in a dosage of up to 240 mg daily and has only slight influence on the hormone production. The daily intake of 280 mg Andriol and 25 mg Oxandrolone results in a good gain in strength and, in steroid novices, also in muscle mass without excessive water retention and without a significant influence on testosterone production. As for the dos-age of Oxandrolone, 8-12 tablets in men and 5-6 tablets in women seem to bring the best results. The rule of thumb to take 0.125 mg/pound of body weight daily has proven successful in clinical tests. The tablets are normally taken two to three times daily after meals thus assuring an optimal absorption of the substance. Those who get the already discussed gastrointestinal pain when taking Oxandrolone are better off taking the tablets one to two hours after a meal or switching to another compound.
    Since Oxandrolone is only slightly toxic and usually shows few side effects, several athletes use it over a prolonged period of time. However Oxandrolone should not be taken for several consecutive months, since, as with almost all oral steroids it is 1 7-alpha alkylated and thus liver toxic. Oxandrolone is an all-purpose remedy, which depending on the athlete's goal is very versatile. Women who react sensitively to the intake of anabolic steroids achieve good results when combining Oxandrolone/Primobolan Tabs and/or Clenbuterol, without suffering from the usual virilization symptoms. Women, however, should not take more than 6 tablets daily otherwise, androgenic-caused side effects such as acne, deep voice, clitorial hypertrophy or increased growth of body hair can occur.
    Probably the largest disadvantages that come along with Oxandrolone are its high price and poor availability on the black market. Original Oxandrolone costs about $1 - 2 per tablet on the black market and is rarely available, if at all.
    Searle Company introduced the substance oxandrolone to the U.S. market in 1964 under the name Anavar and it enjoyed great popularity for over two decades until, on July 1, 1989, the production of Anavar was phased out. Today Anavar is manufactured under its various generic names in only a few countries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Methyltrienolone(
    from mesomorphosis.com)

Methyltrienolone (aka R1881 and Metribolone) is a potent, non-aromatizable androgen that is structurally similar to trenbolone and has been referred to as "oral tren." It binds strongly to the androgen receptor (AR) and is a more potent agonist (activator) of the androgen receptor than is DHT. 17a-methyltrienolone is listed at 30,000 times more anabolic than methyltestosterone according to Julius Vida in "Androgens and Anabolic Agents: Chemistry and Pharmacology." Effective dosages begin at only 25mcg.
    Steroid experts William Llewellyn (Molecular Nutrition) and Patrick Arnold (Ergopharm) have each called methyltrienolone one of the “most powerful” anabolic steroids ever created. It is also one of the most hepatotoxic androgens ever produced. Originally developed by Roussell-UCLAF during the 1960s, the hepatoxicity of Metribolone prevented its commercial release. Bill Roberts likened the toxicity of methyltrienolone to that of taking high dosages of Anadrol combined with high dosages of Halotestin concurrently.
    According to Patrick Arnold, several athletes used methyltrienolone in the 1990s and were able to successfully pass doping controls looking for methyltrienolone due to the very small quantities of the steroid required for performance enhancing effects. He was somewhat surprised that methyltrienolone was detected by drug testers in the Greek steroid scandal suggesting that anti-doping tests have improved for the substance; 11 Greek weighlifters and 4 Greek track and field athletes tested positive for methyltrienolone prior to the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.

Patrick Arnold is organic chemist who developed the once undetectable anabolic steroid tetrahydrogestrinone (THG) for BALCO. THG is a modified form of methyltrienolone. In March 1997, Patrick Arnold published a detailed recipe on how to synthesize methyltrienolone from the easily obtainable veterinarian Finaplix-H (trenbolone acetate) pellets used for cattle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MENT
    (from bodybuildingdungeon.com)
    Pharmaceutical Name: Trestolone, MENT, 7MENT (as acetate)
    Chemical structure: 7-alpha-19Nor-androst-4-en-3-one,17b-ol
    Molecular weight of base: 288.429
    Molecular weight of ester: 60.0524 (acetic acid, 2 carbons

Effective dose: 10-50 mg every day
    Average Street-price: Only available through chemical wholesale.
    Available Doses: None known. But Schering has been conducting extensive research into use for MENT both as a male contraceptive and as a means of hormonal replacement.

I MENT has always been my favourite steroid, and that's just from reading the studies and looking at the structure of it. Thinking of what MENT can do should make every steroid user drool. This stuff is nearly as strong as its 17-alpha-alkylated counterpart mibolerone (cheque drops) but without the mad liver toxicity. It's a 19Nor substance, a nandrolone derivative. Its very much like nandrolone, except it has a 7-alpha-methyl attachment. This attachment stops it from being 5-alpha-reduced1. Now as you know, 5-alpha-reduction makes nandrolone, otherwise a very potent hormone, much weaker. A nandrolone derivative without 5-alpha-reduction for example is trenbolone (Parabolan/Finaplix), a very strong and potent androgen. But because of trenbolone's triple double bond structure, it also does not aromatize. But MENT on the other hand is still capable of aromatizing2 (which would not be the case with a 4 or 5 methylation), so you still have the benefits of estrogen : extra strength, better glycogen use, upgrading of androgen receptor, increased GH output and more IGF1. Its estrogenic potency may in fact be slightly larger because 7-alpha-methyl-estradiol (the product of MENT aromatization) may show less affinity to binding proteins as well. It is in fact suggested that part of MENT's actions may be the result of this potent estrogen1.

This stuff should literally and in all aspects be stronger than testosterone. Its androgenic character will be like trenbolone (same risk of hair loss, prostate hypertrophy, acne, deepening of voice) and its estrogenic character will be like that of nandrolone (same risk of gyno, bloating and fat gain). But its hypertrophic ability should be much higher than either of these, or even testosterone.

One question begs to be asked however: why on earth would they make it an acetate ester? In depot shots that means daily injections. This is after all the same company that is looking to market injectable testosterone undecanoate for shots once every 10 weeks. Well, so far two uses have been found for MENT in the medical community. Sundaram, who is probably the leading researcher where nandrolone and its derivatives are concerned, found it to be of perfect use for both replacment therapy for men, as well as for male contraception3 (Which would suggest it at least doesn't suffer from the libido suppressing drawback that nandrolone does). And from what the latest research in the matter seems to suggest, it looks like Schering is planning on making it in implant pellets4 that would release the drug over time, with 4 pellets delivering no more than 1.3 mg/day ! Assuming most of us do not want to use 40-50 pellets that could pose a problem for the use of MENT for enhancement purposes, lest there are some black market knock-offs. But take it from one who had looked, currently none of the wholesalers seem to have access to MENT. So the pending release of MENT may not be such joyful news after all (except for Schering who stands to profit nonetheless).

There is one study5 in particular that documented the exact effects of MENT very well, although it was carried out on castrated mice so these effects may not be transcribed to humans. MENT was capable of restoring sexual behaviour and seminal vesicle weights to intact levels as good as testosterone but at 1/3rd of the dose ! What was also interesting was that MENT did not seem to stimulate aggressive behaviour at all. Compared to a control group of castrated mice, there levels of aggression did not nominally increase at all. This could be positive news for all those roid ragers out there giving the steroid community a bad name.

Another interesting study6 more or less quantified the effects of MENT as compared to testosterone, and found that its androgenic character, based on the weights of ventral prostate and seminal vesicles, was 4 times greater than that of testosterone and that the hypertrophic nature was no less than 10 times greater, based on the weight increase in the levator ani muscle. More disturbing was the finding that the suppressive effect of MENT on HPTA was 12 times greater than that of testosterone, which is concerning at the least for a product with uses as a male contraceptive. The varying figures indicate that where a dose of testosterone that can maintain serum gonadotropin levels and muscle mass, can also maintain the prostate and seminal vesicles, where MENT cannot. This can easily be explained because the larger part of testosterones androgenic action stems from target specific conversion to a more androgenic form in the prostate and other androgen sensitive tissues, because these have a high concentration of 5-alpha-reductase. But MENT is not affected by 5-alpha-reductase.

Because of its 7-alpha-methyl group, MENT also shows no significant binding to SHBG7 (sex hormone binding globuline). On the one hand that is why it is such a strong hormone compared to testosterone (estimated 3 times stronger), but also why its half-life is shorter (begging daily injections still with the acetate ester). So in conclusion we can state that this hormone is extremely powerful at what it does and could find more uses, both in the medical community (to treat wasting diseases and burns) and in the sports enhancement field. While its production is imminent and its safety record proven in both studies with humans and animals, it remains to be seen for what purpose and in what form it will be marketed by Schering. As things are now, it looks like it will be produced in a form that will only be useful in hormonal replacement therapy, and not in short term treatment of burns or wasting diseases, or for sports enhancement.

Stacking and Use:

This information is of course purely hypothetical and based on an injectable version of the aforementioned acetate ester of MENT. Given the short half life and the short ester, daily injections would be required. In most cycles we would inject around 75 mg per day of test (give or take, based on 500 mg/week). Similar results could be obtained with 25-50 mg per day of MENT. The drug does aromatize like nandrolone, and it aromatizes to 7-alpha-methyl-estradiol. In light of the low affinity of MENT for binding proteins, the same could be assumed of 7-alpha-methyl-estradiol, so this may be a quite potent estrogen. Combined with the progestagenic action of 19Nor steroids that could lead to a reasonable risk for gynocomastia. Especially those prone to estrogen should probably supplement with 1 mg per day of arimidex or 2.5 mg per day of letrozole to keep these effects at bay. If stacked with additional aromatizing or otherwise estrogenic hormones its best to keep Nolvadex on hand as well, and to remind yourself of the progestagenic action. RU486, the abortion drug, is the only known truly effective progestin blocker, but is hard to find and terribly expensive. Combining with Winstrol may help, as it does have some competitive progestagenic blocking abilities, but their extent is not quantified in any study. The androgenic effects may be quite strong, so acne probably will occur, and men prone to problems with male pattern hair loss or prostate problems should be cautious. Due to the 7-alpha-methyl group, MENT is not affected by 5-alpha-reductase, so treatments like Proscar will have no effect.

When stacking this product, one will probably be looking to add mass to the frame. To that extent it could be stacked with testosterone (particularly powerful combo), Methandrostenolone (40 mg/day), Oxymetholone (100-150 mg/day) or Boldenone -(200-800 mg/week) (the latter would be my preference). It would not make a very good match for nandrolone, as nandrolone can be considered the weaker relative of MENT, with similar action but much less androgenic possibilities. Given the progestagenic nature, Stanazolol (50 mg/day) may be a good match for MENT as well.

Keep in mind that there are very few real world results with MENT on humans, and there is no literal data on its hypertrophic ability, so a lot of this is hypothetical, based on the available studies and evidence.