User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Board Admin Feedback Score 0 delsolrob's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delsolrob gets back into the groove - Training log

I've been off for a while dealing with a myriad of personal and family health issues. But, I'm back...and ready to get back in the game!

I'll be updating this log going forward with my training routines and other updates.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's alive. The forum, its ALIVE!

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LBC-83 View Post
    It's alive. The forum, its ALIVE!
    We're getting there. I'm glad people have hung on. We're going to get this place hopping again better than before.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make Swole Source great again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I've been caught up in the holiday seasons festivities over the last few days and haven't had a chance to provide any updates...gym sessions have been limited and much shorter than usual.

hitting back tonight and anticipating a great workout

will provide update tonight

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monday's Training

Mid day (around 2pm) went in for 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical trainer...did random at level 4. Just a little something to get the blood flowing and kick the metabolism up a little....I sit at a desk all day and I'm trying to ensure I get out for some cardio during the day.

Tonights Back Routine (12/19)
    BB Rows Super Set with Military Press (I just clean the bar up to do the presses between sets of rows)

Rows: 135x15
    OHP: 135x10

Rows: 135x15
    OHP: 135x8

Rows: 155x12
    OHP: 155x6

Rows: 165x12
    OHP: 165x5

Rows: 225x5
    OHP: 155x7

Rows: 225x5
    OHP: 155x6

Lat Pulldown Machine:
    170x15
    190x15
    290x7
    290x6
    290x5
    290x5
    170x9

Deadlifts
    185x10
    225x8
    275x6
    315x4
    315x4

cable face pulls - didn't really pay attention to the weights, but hit 5 sets of 12

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Strong_Guy_'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you running any goodies with this log?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strong_Guy_ View Post
    Are you running any goodies with this log?
    I'm currently running invictus, and will be adding in virtus today. I cut most things and just added the invictus back a few weeks ago...I'm been using it to give my immune system a boost after I'd been down for about a month.

A little history about the last few months: In early October, my 12 yo niece started complaining about pain in her leg. As it got exponentially worse over a 24 hour period my sister took her to Urgent Care and they told her it was likely osgood-schlatters disease (essentially, extreme growing pains). They sent her home and advised RICE and some Advil. Next day she's screaming in pain (this is a tough one, she doesn't normally complain about stuff...she's a little athlete and gets banged up often), they took her to the ER, and while she's there, her temperature spiked to over 104 F...sparked a bit more interest from the doctors. Her blood tests positive for MRSA (20-50% mortality rate) and they do a scan of her leg and found osteonecrosis. Now they believe she has bone cancer AND MRSA.

Turns out it was not bone cancer, but the MRSA had infected her Tibia, and it had begun destroying it. This was over a month long battle...the MRSA continued to spread and attacked her lungs and eventually the valves of her heart. They were able to get it under control in the end, but she had to have a couple surgeries to flush out the abscesses. One of these included drilling three wholes in her Tibia and flushing the infection out of the bone (this was probably the roughest part for her). This was a scary month, there were a couple times she was given less than a 20% chance of making it.

Because of her age, we had to have an adult with her 24/7 to approve any emergency treatment...so we did around the clock rotations. GF and I did 3 days in San Diego, and 4 Days in Phoenix each week to help out the best we could (driving back and forth 6 hours each way too)

After a month, everyone was pretty beat! She was finally released for 2 months of home care, but limited to mostly bed rest and is still going through 6 hours of daily treatments, plus doctor visits/tests, and PT for her leg. She's just now able to walk on her own, but the Tibia is so fragile that the slightest bump could break it.

I returned to San Diego, just in time for my birthday..some friends threw a huge 3 day party at a mansion they rented over the bay, and we partied for 3 days. Guess all that took a little too much toll on my body, I ended up with the Flu. Then I ended up with Pneumonia, then (Grrrrr) Shingles, then Shingles and the Flu (again). The lymph node in my groin stuck out so much, I thought I'd gotten a hernia...was early on, and that was part of the reason I went to Urgent Care. At that point, I thought the shingles were a heat rash.

It's been nearly a month since the shingles hit, I took the anti viral medication to keep it from spreading, but the nerve pain is still not so fun. I've been told it can take a while to go away, and I've been told that it may not go away. Hoping for the best, but it still burns/itches and sometimes it feels like someone sticking me with a bunch of needles. Matt from Evomuse also recommended Nerve Restore, I've been taking that to see about improving the pain from the shingles.

So, I've basically been down the majority of the last two months and just trying to get back into the swing of things. Diet has been OK (not the best), training has been hit and miss. But, my bf% is likely the highest it's been in years, and I think that's my first priority...need to recomp a bit. Although, I would really like to get my strength back up...

Sorry for the long read, but this why I've been MIA from the forums the last few months.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm glad to hear you're niece turned out okay Rob... and you too!

We were all wondering why you fell off the face of the Earth...

Honestly I thought swole Source was finally going to collapse

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Strong_Guy_'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that's a lot to deal with. Glad to hear it's on the up-swing for you. We are resilient beings, I had my own health catastrophe a few years ago with a diagnosis simultaneously of ulcerative colitis and spondylitis on my spine. I have bounced back and am I better shape now than I have ever been, hang in there.

Side note, I'm couple months in on an invictus/ep1c unleashed run myself and am very pleased. Works very well for a semi-natty stack, I've managed to get leaner yet fuller muscles. Invictus and epicatechin are both good stuff, real physique changers.