Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paleo Diet + Carb Back loading Question

Hey Guys

Happy Holidays to all. Today I just started my juice feast. I'm doing my research so I can write down my diet while I'm not taking in food. Is there a good website paleo style diet? and I usually workout at 5:00 PM so would I carb back load after workout till bed time and what carbs would be best? I see people eat pizza, ice cream, etc.. Would PFS guys eat like white rice, sweet potatoes, red potatoes at that time? Should I wait a week after my juice feast to start carb back loding? Thanks
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 01-03-2017 at 12:41 PM.

Administrator Feedback Score 1 (100%) SoCal-Nutrition's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I moved this to the diet and nutrition section.
    www.SoCal-Nutrition.com
    Use Coupon code SWOLE5 to save 5% on all orders
    Prescription Nutrition Now Available!

Board Admin Feedback Score 0 delsolrob's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please outline your intentions of the juice fast...as nearly all "benefits" of such fasting have been debunked.

also, what is your goal of carb back loading? if it's a lean bulk, then you should choose better carbs...I would recommend HBCD in your post workout shake and then carbs like brown rice and potatoes or sweet potatoes. other types of oats are also great.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by delsolrob View Post
    Please outline your intentions of the juice fast...as nearly all "benefits" of such fasting have been debunked.

also, what is your goal of carb back loading? if it's a lean bulk, then you should choose better carbs...I would recommend HBCD in your post workout shake and then carbs like brown rice and potatoes or sweet potatoes. other types of oats are also great.
    I think he's a PFS guy Rob. And when you say "all benefits of such fasting have been debunked" What exactly are you talking about? Water fasting, juice feasting? Etc. As I can tell you from personal experience that these things are hugely beneficial depending on your goals. I'm not sure what has been "debunked" about any type of these things nor who the people are that are debunking them.....
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmoore View Post
    Hey Guys

Happy Holidays to all. Today I just started my juice feast. I'm doing my research so I can write down my diet while I'm not taking in food. Is there a good website paleo style diet? and I usually workout at 5:00 PM so would I carb back load after workout till bed time and what carbs would be best? I see people eat pizza, ice cream, etc.. Would PFS guys eat like white rice, sweet potatoes, red potatoes at that time? Should I wait a week after my juice feast to start carb back loding? Thanks
    If you're a PFS guy, then you want to wait to get back up to speed after the fast before lifting heavy. Give it a month. After the feast focus on body weight exercises for a few weeks before lifting.

In regards to the back-loading, you want to eat "clean" instead of that other garbage. Yes, you can back load with pizza and ice cream, but for health reasons at this point you want to focus on healthier choices. Rice, potatoes, etc. There is absolutely nothing wrong with white rice, although brown rice definitely has more nutritious qualities.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    If you're a PFS guy, then you want to wait to get back up to speed after the fast before lifting heavy. Give it a month. After the feast focus on body weight exercises for a few weeks before lifting.

In regards to the back-loading, you want to eat "clean" instead of that other garbage. Yes, you can back load with pizza and ice cream, but for health reasons at this point you want to focus on healthier choices. Rice, potatoes, etc. There is absolutely nothing wrong with white rice, although brown rice definitely has more nutritious qualities.
    Thanks CD for the info. I am a PFS guy. I took fin for 15 years and stopped 2 years ago. I first noticed symptoms is when all of a sudden I had a full blown panic attack while I was still taking it. I thought it was from taking about 900 mg pre-workout so I stopped caffeine and I never had caffeine for three years now. The last two years my symptoms are mainly fatigue, hypothyroidism symptoms, ringing in ears, mind like no emotions etc... and sleep. Anxiety pretty much went away as time went on and fatigue is still there but little better and sleep is still a problem. I fall asleep and start dreaming the wake up in the middle of dream then I fall asleep again and dream and wake up in the middle and so on. Just trying to get my plan together with the protocol.

Board Admin Feedback Score 0 delsolrob's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I think he's a PFS guy Rob. And when you say "all benefits of such fasting have been debunked" What exactly are you talking about? Water fasting, juice feasting? Etc. As I can tell you from personal experience that these things are hugely beneficial depending on your goals. I'm not sure what has been "debunked" about any type of these things nor who the people are that are debunking them.....
    please post studies regarding fasting protocols and their benefits. I have only seen studies that suggest the benefits are minimal and did not last beyond the fasting period.

I've also read of salt deficiencies and other complications of these types of fasting.

Additionally, spikes in cortisol...all issues associated with cortisol spiking

If there is information that I have not seen, then please share. But, as far as I've been aware, these methods have been extremely controversial due to lack of data.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by delsolrob View Post
    please post studies regarding fasting protocols and their benefits. I have only seen studies that suggest the benefits are minimal and did not last beyond the fasting period.

I've also read of salt deficiencies and other complications of these types of fasting.

Additionally, spikes in cortisol...all issues associated with cortisol spiking

If there is information that I have not seen, then please share. But, as far as I've been aware, these methods have been extremely controversial due to lack of data.
    I speak from personal experience....I know that "scientifically" that doesn't count for much for some people. So here are some resources for you to go over at your leisure.

The very last link is actually an article done by GQ at the center that I use....

Fasting works, period. To the ones that have experienced it, there doesn't need to be anything else said. It's always the folks that have never fasted a day in their lives that need all of the reassurances and have all of the doubts....I guess that is what's to be expected, and makes sense. But it is real, and it is powerful.

Here is a list of links that may be of interest to you.
    http://www.healthpromoting.com/sites...tudy%20TNH.pdf (fasting and Lymphoma)
    Medically Supervised Water-only Fasting in the Treatment of Hypertension | TrueNorth Health (fasting and high blood pressure)
    Medically Supervised Water-Only Fasting in the Treatment of Borderline Hypertension | TrueNorth Health (fasting and moderate high blood pressure)
    Fasting: Molecular Mechanisms and Clinical Applications | TrueNorth Health (fasting mechanisms)
    Alan Goldhamer, DC: Water Fastingā€”The Clinical Effectiveness of Rebooting Your Body | TrueNorth Health (interview with Dr. Goldhamer)
    The pleasure trap: Douglas Lisle at TEDx Fremont | TrueNorth Health (tedx talk on the pleasure trap by Dr. Lisle)
    Fasting: An Ancient Practice for Modern Problems | TrueNorth Health (fasting by Dr. Goldhamer)
    Fasting for your Health - Lifestyle Magazine | TrueNorth Health (TV show on fasting with Goldhamer and McDougall)
    GQ Article: How the Terrible, Insufferable Six-Day Water Fast Made Me a New Man | TrueNorth Health (GQ article on fasting at TNHC)
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 02-07-2017 at 06:51 AM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here's another good article that just hit my feed...

Fasting shown to regenerate stem cells, reverse immunosuppression after three days - NaturalNews.com

If you follow the link and then go to the source of the article, which is Science direct DEFINE_ME_WA

There are other studies done as well you may find interesting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 02-17-2017 at 06:28 AM.

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)