User Tag List

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you will get it back. I think even women who dose on test see increased bone mass.

I think I might have lost some bone mass on my face but I'm not sure if it's just hidden underneath the puffiness lol. Cuz it looked pretty normal when I was fasting
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hulk Smash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just throwing this on here too, in case some miss the other thread:

There is a TRT study I found of cardiac transplant patients who suffered bone loss after the transplant.
    Apparently, the transplant throws patients into hypogonadism and thus they suffer bone loss.

They were supplemented with IBN and TRT some both, some only one of the two. The most significant bone increase was in men given TRT. Keep in mind most of these men are probably much older than us and yet they regenerated bone mass.
    Remember this is AFTER 5 YEARS of treatment.

Stay positive and don't lose hope. And most importantly, get on the regimen and remember "TIME & CONSISTENCY = RESULTS!" - CD

Testosterone replacement has a substantial benefit on bone mass, fracture incidence, libido, and sexual activities in male cardiac transplant patients: a 5-year randomized prospective controlled trial

Here is another study with similar findings:

http://www.renalandurologynews.com/h...rticle/639492/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Smash View Post
    Just throwing this on here too, in case some miss the other thread:

There is a TRT study I found of cardiac transplant patients who suffered bone loss after the transplant.
    Apparently, the transplant throws patients into hypogonadism and thus they suffer bone loss.

They were supplemented with IBN and TRT some both, some only one of the two. The most significant bone increase was in men given TRT. Keep in mind most of these men are probably much older than us and yet they regenerated bone mass.
    Remember this is AFTER 5 YEARS of treatment.

Stay positive and don't lose hope. And most importantly, get on the regimen and remember "TIME & CONSISTENCY = RESULTS!" - CD

Testosterone replacement has a substantial benefit on bone mass, fracture incidence, libido, and sexual activities in male cardiac transplant patients: a 5-year randomized prospective controlled trial

Here is another study with similar findings:

http://www.renalandurologynews.com/h...rticle/639492/
    I'm wondering if it's the anti-rejection drugs that cause this rather then the transplant itself?

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't read the link, but all opiate based painkillers are libido killers, kratom included. They ALL destroy testosterone levels.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PROGRESS UPDATE:

As you guys know, my hands and wrists were in such bad shape. I even dropped the regimen for at least the past 4 months. I just couldn't even shake any ones hand without feeling like my hand was being crushed. I couldn't even carry one bag of groceries anymore and I was that guy that would leave the market carrying like 50-60 pounds of groceries in each hand for 1/2 a mile without stopping to rest. Thats like 7 full bags each hand.

I finally made my return to the gym last week. It was only one day that I managed to get in because I could barely move my arms for the next 4 days due to VERY sore arm muscles, tendons and ligaments. My hands/wrists were still somewhat weak and painful but were in good enough shape to get some sets in. I wanted to post, but held off because I had to be sure my hands/wrists weren't going to totally fall apart again.

Guess what???

I made it to the gym today and I managed to not only do barbell curls but also bench press again!!!
    My hands and wrists are no where near recovered BUT, the pain, fragility has subsided just enough that I'm able to hit the regimen 110% again!!!

Just need to patiently up my overall levels and I should see and feel my hands/wrists go back to normal, right CD?

HULK IS BACK!!!
    Last edited by Hulk Smash; 01-16-2018 at 07:04 AM. Reason: grammar/added content

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PROGRESS UPDATE:

As you guys know, my hands and wrists were in such bad shape. I even dropped the regimen for at least the past 4 months. I just couldn't even shake any ones hand without feeling like my hand was being crushed. I couldn't even carry one bag of groceries anymore and I was that guy that would leave the market carrying like 50-60 pounds of groceries in each hand for 1/2 a mile without stopping to rest. Thats like 7 full bags each hand.

I finally made my return to the gym last week. It was only one day that I managed to get in because I could barely move my arms for the next 4 days due to VERY sore arm muscles, tendons and ligaments. My hands/wrists were still somewhat weak and painful but were in good enough shape to get some sets in. I wanted to post, but held off because I had to be sure my hands/wrists weren't going to totally fall apart again.

Guess what???

I made it to the gym today and I managed to not only do barbell curls but also bench press again!!!
    My hands and wrists are no where near recovered BUT, the pain, fragility has subsided just enough that I'm able to hit the regimen 110% again!!!

Just need to patiently up my overall levels and I should see and feel my hands/wrists go back to normal, right CD?

HULK IS BACK!!!
    Yes....But...you said you took a break from the regimen for four months?

My only concern is that if you weren't bolstering your hormone levels, which would naturally aid in the recovery of your muscles, tendons, etc. it MAY be a little touch and go.

Get back on 100% and GO SLOW.

You gotta build them things back up.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    by not doing the regimen you're just referring to the weigh elements of it right?

u could have still sprinted which is quite great.

what caused the hand issues for u?
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    by not doing the regimen you're just referring to the weigh elements of it right?

u could have still sprinted which is quite great.

what caused the hand issues for u?
    I thought of doing sprints and leg routines, but I was in a bad state mentally/emotionally due to my hand/wrist wastage.
    I wasn't depressed but I had no motivation left to do anything of the regimen. It was stupid on my part though because my hands/wrists might be close to recovery by now. This past year sucked man. It started with not being able to play guitar like I always did, to struggling to carry a gallon of milk, to being in pain from a shaking hands, to using one of those air dryers in the public restroom and seeing the skin of my hands be pushed around from the air pressure.

I know it sounds like an exaggeration, but its not. I have the same wastage in other areas too but no pain fortunately.
    I haven't heard of this happening to anyone else except for CHI if my memory is correct.

The hand/wrist issues are symptoms of PFS. That I'm certain of, as my constitution, strength and build was full and healthy before. From what I've read, it seems like having low TEST and low HGH causes this. They are essential for maintaining muscle and bone density in life. I'm guessing there may also be a metabolic issue tied in with what is causing this.

It'd be nice to have the peace of mind in knowing someone else went through this and reversed the wastage.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Hulk- Not an exaggeration at all. Many people with PFS, including myself, have similar stories. In general people with PFS, seem to think the only symptoms that PFS causes are the symptoms that they have. It has always been really strange to me. But I guess like anything in life, you can only relate to what you know and have experience with.

Any way, I also have wastage in my forearms, wrists, and hands. I know without a doubt some is muscle wastage, but I think I also have lost fat or something else in these areas. My veins are really prominent (not in a good way) and I can easily see all the bones and tendons in my hands move through my skin. When I look at my forearms with my palms up, I can literally see a line where on 1 side I have muscle and on the other side nothing. Picture it like a little ledge. I also had to get my wedding ring resized, as my fingers got smaller.

Like you, I also had soreness/weakness in my hands and wrists. I too noticed it when I would carry grocery bags, amongst other things. Thankfully, I no longer experience pain. I have recently incorporated weighted exercises designed specifically for hands, wrists, and forearms. There are days where it looks like my forearm muscles are filing back in where I initially lost it. I have a couple of freckles on my forearms that I use as a gauge where my "muscle line" is at. Sometimes it looks like it may creeping past the freckles. LOL- sounds funny when I read that back as far as my measuring technique is concerned, but I am serious. I haven't conquered it yet, but with the improvements that I have made thus far, I believe that this wastage issue can resolve.

Take care man.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meegs View Post
    Hi Hulk- Not an exaggeration at all. Many people with PFS, including myself, have similar stories. In general people with PFS, seem to think the only symptoms that PFS causes are the symptoms that they have. It has always been really strange to me. But I guess like anything in life, you can only relate to what you know and have experience with.

Any way, I also have wastage in my forearms, wrists, and hands. I know without a doubt some is muscle wastage, but I think I also have lost fat or something else in these areas. My veins are really prominent (not in a good way) and I can easily see all the bones and tendons in my hands move through my skin. When I look at my forearms with my palms up, I can literally see a line where on 1 side I have muscle and on the other side nothing. Picture it like a little ledge. I also had to get my wedding ring resized, as my fingers got smaller.

Like you, I also had soreness/weakness in my hands and wrists. I too noticed it when I would carry grocery bags, amongst other things. Thankfully, I no longer experience pain. I have recently incorporated weighted exercises designed specifically for hands, wrists, and forearms. There are days where it looks like my forearm muscles are filing back in where I initially lost it. I have a couple of freckles on my forearms that I use as a gauge where my "muscle line" is at. Sometimes it looks like it may creeping past the freckles. LOL- sounds funny when I read that back as far as my measuring technique is concerned, but I am serious. I haven't conquered it yet, but with the improvements that I have made thus far, I believe that this wastage issue can resolve.

Take care man.
    They most certainly can be.