User Tag List

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Smash View Post
    I was at GNC the other day. They had their Mega Men multivitamin on sale.
    So I looked at the ingredients and I found saw palmetto in it.
    Maybe its a negligible amount but still its crazy. I left that shit on the shelf.
    unreal, after looking carefully at schinoussa's "sea vegetables" that I had been taking for years I found that it had saw palmetto in it. Seriously, I'd like to meet the r-tard who thought it was wise to mix that poison in

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maybe its a negligible amount but still its crazy. I left that shit on the shelf.
    Food based for multivitamins is where it's at. The one Maxoutt posted is pretty good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by basementdweller View Post
    unreal, after looking carefully at schinoussa's "sea vegetables" that I had been taking for years I found that it had saw palmetto in it. Seriously, I'd like to meet the r-tard who thought it was wise to mix that poison in
    Yup....you have to read EVERYTHING. That's why for the most part I get my nutrition from food and herbs alone.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Damn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hulk, Hope all is going well. I know you have asked in the past how it is possible to regain lost bone mass. I just came across an article in WSJ re: weight training for thinning bones. There was a study performed at an Australian University with 101 post menopausal women with osteoporosis/thinning bones who did high intensity weight training (e.g dead lifts and squats) 2x per week for 8 months. They were able to gain 3% spinal bone mass while the control group, only doing low intensity workouts (not defined), lost another 1.2%. Just think of how that would extrapolate to a relatively young man once they get their hormones back into balance.
    Never lose your sense of humor

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Recovering bone loss is simply going to be achieved by lifting.

When you lift, the muscle contractions pull on the tendons which put pressure on the bones their attached to. Weight lifting strengthens EVERYTHING in your body, not just muscle.

Keep lifting consistently, your bones will strengthen as your muscles do.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's the problem with formula supplements in addition sometimes the same product will change ingredients. I was getting magnesium/l-theanine from this one canadian company and they lowered the dosages so I was getting less for the same price LOL. the original bottle marketed 'highest dose on the market'
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hulk Smash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damn View Post
    Hulk, Hope all is going well. I know you have asked in the past how it is possible to regain lost bone mass. I just came across an article in WSJ re: weight training for thinning bones. There was a study performed at an Australian University with 101 post menopausal women with osteoporosis/thinning bones who did high intensity weight training (e.g dead lifts and squats) 2x per week for 8 months. They were able to gain 3% spinal bone mass while the control group, only doing low intensity workouts (not defined), lost another 1.2%. Just think of how that would extrapolate to a relatively young man once they get their hormones back into balance.
    Thanks for the info and keeping me in mind.
    I really appreciate the motivation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the research I've done, the bone loss suffered mimics issues like necrosis, aging, and nutrient/hormone deficiency.

There's a strong possibility that multiple factors play a role.

Biggest signs are changes in facial feeling, swollen gums, overall bone/joint pain throughout the body, etc...

I'll continue on this later...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Recovering bone loss is simply going to be achieved by lifting.

When you lift, the muscle contractions pull on the tendons which put pressure on the bones their attached to. Weight lifting strengthens EVERYTHING in your body, not just muscle.

Keep lifting consistently, your bones will strengthen as your muscles do.
    Thanks CD, I'm definitely gonna keep up the lifting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the research I've done, the bone loss suffered mimics issues like necrosis, aging, and nutrient/hormone deficiency.

Biggest signs are changes in facial feeling, swollen gums, overall bone/joint pain throughout the body, etc...

I'll continue on this later...
    According to the research I've done, the bone loss suffered mimics issues like necrosis(bone tissue death), aging, and nutrient/hormone deficiency.

We have a continuous build and break down of our bones throughout life. The build up is greater than the break down till about the age of 30. There are two chemicals responsible for these processes. One chemical either inhibits the break down or aids in the build up (same idea, different method).

This is one factor in losing bone when we age. This could also be a player in the bone loss post crash.
    Most likely the bone issues come about from a complete dysfunction of chemicals and nutrient absorption, due to 5ari.

There is much scientific literature stating that we can strengthen bones and prevent further loss, but bone loss is not recoverable. This is you can find so much stem cell research and gene editing type research to recover bone loss. I'm not saying I agree, but I wouldn't disregard it. I have yet to see concrete evidence of recovered bone loss from pfs. Not trying to stir things up, just my observation...I'm open to being corrected.

However, I have found a few sources (not many) claiming that you can recover bone loss.
    In every case of bone recovery there is are two consistent themes. Heavy lifting as per CD's regimen and strict discipline and time put in to see results.

One thing I've added to the regimen is the herb Rehmannia for good measure. I take it about 3 times a week, often times with another rotated herb. Its good for the bones along with other things and inhibits the chemical that breaks down bones. I think I read that it helps to grow bone back but I'm not sure of this.

I also take 100mg of B2 and B6 twice a day as this has helped the bone pain subside. Not sure of everything it does for bones but it has definitely helped.

Theres another interesting thing I've found which involves a certain diet but I have to look for it again.
    The source claims bone growth due to the diet and exercise.
    Last edited by Hulk Smash; 05-04-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damn View Post
    Low intensity workouts also contribute to low testosterone according to some sources I've read. This is why cardio is probably not recommended. I remember someone stating he would post his T levels after recovering but never did, and he included a lot of jogging/running in his routine. I'm assuming his levels were low because of the consistent cardio.