User Tag List

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Smash View Post
    I think its a bit too soon for me to have major improvement.
    The advice they gave makes sense and I'm following it.
    Now I'm just waiting for a new baseline.

Speaking of...I heard you feel like crap when reaching a new baseline.
    I wonder if I'll recognize this feeling. Guess I'll know when it happens.
    It's always darkest before the dawn.

You always feel the worst before breaking through to a new level. Always.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hulk Smash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had severe seasonal allergies for many years now.
    Spring is here again and I don't want to lose momentum in my recovery.
    I usually take over the counter anti-histamines but I don't know if its right for me during recovery.

Whats the verdict on allergy "meds"?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Smash View Post
    I've had severe seasonal allergies for many years now.
    Spring is here again and I don't want to lose momentum in my recovery.
    I usually take over the counter anti-histamines but I don't know if its right for me during recovery.

Whats the verdict on allergy "meds"?
    You have to becareful. Many antihistamines have a negative effect on testosterone levels.

I've found that when people with allergies eliminate dietary allergies, their other allergies disappear.

How is your diet?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My diet is good overall but I have cheated a bit eating some junk food and bread here and there.
    Not good for recovery, which is why I'm in the middle of a 7 day fast/feast at the moment.
    After this I'll keep a strict diet in place...fasting is no fun

The only food allergy I have that I'm aware of is shell fish.
    I ate some these past months on about 4 occasions.

Its possible to get rid of the shellfish and pollen allergies?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just something of note, my seasonal allergies which I've had all my life....Last year didn't show their head at all right after I crashed. This year, they're back full force. I almost consider this a part of becoming normalized, so there may be no way to rid them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can back this up. In my worst periods a couple of years ago, my asthma and hay fever completely disappeared. I thought I must have just outgrown my asthma. As I've been getting better, I have to watch my asthma again. Not that it's bad, just that I have 3 two week periods at the change of seasons here in Aus for whatever reason. Been that way my whole life and it seems to be back.

And I'm not even recovered yet - still have a way to go so maybe this is a good sign as it is in line with maxout's experience.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, my experience is a bit different. I used to have allergies all my life before realizing the effect dietary intake had on all aspects of our life. Since living clean for the most part, I don't get them anymore.

As soon as I get glutened, whether purposely or by accident, my nose swells up, I get immediately congested and I start sneezing. It's amazing. If I happen to have gluten during allergy season, such as now, my allergies come back full force, just until the gluten is processed out of my system.

Unbelievable.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Well, my experience is a bit different. I used to have allergies all my life before realizing the effect dietary intake had on all aspects of our life. Since living clean for the most part, I don't get them anymore.

As soon as I get glutened, whether purposely or by accident, my nose swells up, I get immediately congested and I start sneezing. It's amazing. If I happen to have gluten during allergy season, such as now, my allergies come back full force, just until the gluten is processed out of my system.

Unbelievable.
    Have you ever been tested for celiacs? Did you notice these effects from gluten earlier in your life prior to pfs and your subsequent recovery?

I got tested as a kid for allergies. Wheat was okay, but I had slight allergies to dairy (very slight), potato, bananas and grass.

That corresponds with the things I can't do at the moment or they exacerbate my hormonal symptoms - if I have a potato, I notice an impact immediately. Gluten for me doesn't seem to be a problem which is good. I still have yoghurt every day because I believe the benefits to having it outweight the very, very slight allergy to dairy.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell1234 View Post
    Have you ever been tested for celiacs? Did you notice these effects from gluten earlier in your life prior to pfs and your subsequent recovery?

I got tested as a kid for allergies. Wheat was okay, but I had slight allergies to dairy (very slight), potato, bananas and grass.

That corresponds with the things I can't do at the moment or they exacerbate my hormonal symptoms - if I have a potato, I notice an impact immediately. Gluten for me doesn't seem to be a problem which is good. I still have yoghurt every day because I believe the benefits to having it outweight the very, very slight allergy to dairy.
    I don't have celiacs...I'm no where near that bad. People with celiacs have life threatening reactions to gluten. I get horrible gas and bloating along with a foggy head and stuffy sinuses.....without fail, everytime.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I'll stay away from antihistamines and bear with the allergies.
    I guess its somewhat a good sign that I still have them.

It just sucks when I take the train or bus and tears come out the whole ride
    ...and the sneeze attacks lol

The gluten talk reminds me of my cousin.
    I don't know if he was always allergic but at some point he started avoiding pizza a few years back.
    He would get that bloated, tired, foggy feeling. Sometimes he'd give in and couldn't resist
    the nyc slice. He'd always regret it after. I thought he was exaggerating but I see now that
    its a very real problem for some. I hope they start making gluten-free pizza here.
    I'll be staying away from it just because it looks like gluten is generally not good for the body.

I'm gonna miss you pizza...
    Last edited by Hulk Smash; 04-21-2017 at 01:48 PM.