User Tag List

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hulk Smash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may sound like a weird question... should I go down half a size for my sneakers?

They've been fitting me looser than before...

Or should I wait it out?

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Smash View Post
    Low intensity workouts also contribute to low testosterone according to some sources I've read. This is why cardio is probably not recommended. I remember someone stating he would post his T levels after recovering but never did, and he included a lot of jogging/running in his routine. I'm assuming his levels were low because of the consistent cardio.
    Consitent cardio is a sure fire way to lower your testosterone levels. Your body doesn't know whether you're running a five K, or running for your life. The internal environment of the body is effected negatively either way. Cortisol shoots through the roof, you go catabolic, and your testosterone gets fried. That's why HIIT is the "cardio" of choice. It effects the body in the complete opposite way of steady state cardio.

- - - Updated - - -

This may sound like a weird question... should I go down half a size for my sneakers?

They've been fitting me looser than before...

Or should I wait it out?
    Um...that depends on if you like the feel of loose sneakers?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Consitent cardio is a sure fire way to lower your testosterone levels. Your body doesn't know whether you're running a five K, or running for your life. The internal environment of the body is effected negatively either way. Cortisol shoots through the roof, you go catabolic, and your testosterone gets fried. That's why HIIT is the "cardio" of choice. It effects the body in the complete opposite way of steady state cardio.

- - - Updated - - -

Um...that depends on if you like the feel of loose sneakers?
    LOL, I don't like the feel of loose sneakers. Will my feet fill back in???? is what I'm asking.
    I'd rather not buy a new pair if my feet will eventually fit normally.
    I remember reading Chi say that his hands and wrists returned to pre pfs size. But hes a ghost now.
    I just want some verification and not waste money on shoes if this is the case.
    Thanks in advance CD
    Last edited by Hulk Smash; 05-10-2018 at 05:18 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And another question...some of my friends say I look shorter. Is this the norm of the swing of things?
    I know this may sound silly and maybe this question is ridiculous to u CD but ur kinda the unofficial expert on this in my book.
    So I hope you can be patient with these questions that sound out there...

Just found this new study...diet consisting of 25% prunes may reverse bone loss
    Can Prunes Reverse Bone Loss? - Scientific American
    Last edited by Hulk Smash; 05-10-2018 at 05:35 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Durantia37's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And another question...some of my friends say I look shorter. Is this the norm of the swing of things?
    I know this may sound silly and maybe this question is ridiculous to u CD but ur kinda the unofficial expert on this in my book.
    So I hope you can be patient with these questions that sound out there...

Just found this new study...diet consisting of 25% prunes may reverse bone loss
    Can Prunes Reverse Bone Loss? - Scientific American
    I've always felt like I was shorter during downswings and taller during upswings, personally.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Durantia37 View Post
    I've always felt like I was shorter during downswings and taller during upswings, personally.
    yeah now that i'm in an upswing I'm back to feeling tall. think it's mostly psychological. androgens = confidence.

but i can't speak for everyone. also my jaw structure is starting to come back. one of my pfs friends on facebook was like 'wtf are u talking about your face being puffy' when he saw my latest pic
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

@durantia I'm hoping it's not just a feeling of being taller, but instead actually is a gain in bone size.

While there are some psychological aspects to pfs, I know for me personally and think that most guys really do experience a physical change in height and overall bone size.

I wont chalk things up to the mind's perception, as this might cause laziness and procrastination. It certainly did in my case. Over time the physical reality grew worse.

I don't think it serves anyone to downplay the very harsh truth of every hormone being turned off, including HGH and the fact that PFS causes perhaps several other issues with bone metabolism. Last I checked, even the foundation didn't mention this let alone any so called doctors.

So to any new people, I suggest you get on top of things immediately at the first signs. It all happens (the deterioration) slowly. Don't end up with the skeletal structure of an out of shape 70 year old or a k-pop star and then wonder if ur ever gonna get it back. As you can see there is no straight answer of this aspect coming back.

I just need to make that clear.
    So everyone has the best chance to recover.
    Last edited by Hulk Smash; 05-11-2018 at 05:27 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Durantia37's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

@durantia I'm hoping it's not just a feeling of being taller, but instead actually is a gain in bone size.

While there are some psychological aspects to pfs, I know for me personally and think that most guys really do experience a physical change in height and overall bone size.

I wont chalk things up to the mind's perception, as this might cause laziness and procrastination. It certainly did in my case. Over time the physical reality grew worse.

I don't think it serves anyone to downplay the very harsh truth of every hormone being turned off, including HGH and the fact that PFS causes perhaps several other issues with bone metabolism. Last I checked, even the foundation didn't mention this let alone any so called doctors.

So to any new people, I suggest you get on top of things immediately at the first signs. It all happens (the deterioration) slowly. Don't end up with the skeletal structure of an out of shape 70 year old or a k-pop star and then wonder if ur ever gonna get it back. As you can see there is no straight answer of this aspect coming back.

I just need to make that clear.
    So everyone has the best chance to recover.
    What I'm talking about definitely isn't psychological. I get taller and I get better jaw structure, a bigger nose, and bigger stronger teeth during upswings. At this point, most of my life is an upswing of sorts, but these changes are still detectable to my highly trained eye.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Okay....you may see me as the unofficial expert here, but let me point out the important part of that statement...."un-official." Personally, I really don't think that people are losing and gaining height during upswings and down swings. It sounds......well....ridiculous. Please don't take that the wrong way...I'm speaking freely and "off the cuff" here. It may seem ridiculous, but I assure you, I know your concerns are very real.

This is something that can easily be proven by measuring yourself consistently, if you so must. I don't think it's necessary at all and just adds another thing for you to worry about. The protocol on it's own can be enough, if you know what I mean.

I really think Jacknap hit the nail on the head with this one. In my opinion, it comes down to your state of mind. Androgen's effect this to a HUGE extent.

When all is said and done, you have to know that what you are doing (if in fact you are all in, 100%, ALL of the time) will reverse the situation regardless of what you're dealing with. It is simply the laws of nature.

In regards to your sneakers, it's up to you. You don't know how long it's going to take to fill back in, and yes, it will fill back in because if it didn't, then you wouldn't be able to consider yourself recovered, right? What I can tell you is that exercise is a solid cornerstone of this program. It HAS to be done to make headway. I personally wouldn't sit around and wait for my feet to fill back in if that means I couldn't sprint. If moneys tight, find a field and do it bare foot.

Tell me again Hulk....how long have you been at 100%? Because I know that you've stopped and started many, many times. This is going to negatively effect your progress, as I've mentioned in other posts.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Durantia37 View Post
    What I'm talking about definitely isn't psychological. I get taller and I get better jaw structure, a bigger nose, and bigger stronger teeth during upswings. At this point, most of my life is an upswing of sorts, but these changes are still detectable to my highly trained eye.
    Bigger teeth?

Bigger Nose?

And taller?

I personally have never experienced shifts like this. Doesn't mean it's not possible, but you can see how this sounds peculiar seeing as these things are made from some of the strongest materials nature can put out. They're not exactly.....plastic, for lack of a better word.

If this is really what you think is happening moreso that just a change in perception (which is the camp I'm in) then I would seriously get measured and keep a log. In regards to height, this can be easily proven.