User Tag List

Hybrid View

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hulk Smash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damn View Post
    Hulk, Hope all is going well. I know you have asked in the past how it is possible to regain lost bone mass. I just came across an article in WSJ re: weight training for thinning bones. There was a study performed at an Australian University with 101 post menopausal women with osteoporosis/thinning bones who did high intensity weight training (e.g dead lifts and squats) 2x per week for 8 months. They were able to gain 3% spinal bone mass while the control group, only doing low intensity workouts (not defined), lost another 1.2%. Just think of how that would extrapolate to a relatively young man once they get their hormones back into balance.
    Low intensity workouts also contribute to low testosterone according to some sources I've read. This is why cardio is probably not recommended. I remember someone stating he would post his T levels after recovering but never did, and he included a lot of jogging/running in his routine. I'm assuming his levels were low because of the consistent cardio.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Smash View Post
    Low intensity workouts also contribute to low testosterone according to some sources I've read. This is why cardio is probably not recommended. I remember someone stating he would post his T levels after recovering but never did, and he included a lot of jogging/running in his routine. I'm assuming his levels were low because of the consistent cardio.
    Consitent cardio is a sure fire way to lower your testosterone levels. Your body doesn't know whether you're running a five K, or running for your life. The internal environment of the body is effected negatively either way. Cortisol shoots through the roof, you go catabolic, and your testosterone gets fried. That's why HIIT is the "cardio" of choice. It effects the body in the complete opposite way of steady state cardio.

- - - Updated - - -

This may sound like a weird question... should I go down half a size for my sneakers?

They've been fitting me looser than before...

Or should I wait it out?
    Um...that depends on if you like the feel of loose sneakers?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Consitent cardio is a sure fire way to lower your testosterone levels. Your body doesn't know whether you're running a five K, or running for your life. The internal environment of the body is effected negatively either way. Cortisol shoots through the roof, you go catabolic, and your testosterone gets fried. That's why HIIT is the "cardio" of choice. It effects the body in the complete opposite way of steady state cardio.

- - - Updated - - -

Um...that depends on if you like the feel of loose sneakers?
    LOL, I don't like the feel of loose sneakers. Will my feet fill back in???? is what I'm asking.
    I'd rather not buy a new pair if my feet will eventually fit normally.
    I remember reading Chi say that his hands and wrists returned to pre pfs size. But hes a ghost now.
    I just want some verification and not waste money on shoes if this is the case.
    Thanks in advance CD
    Last edited by Hulk Smash; 05-10-2018 at 05:18 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, I don't like the feel of loose sneakers. Will my feet fill back in???? is what I'm asking.
    I'd rather not buy a new pair if my feet will eventually fit normally.
    I remember reading Chi say that his hands and wrists returned to pre pfs size. But hes a ghost now.
    I just want some verification and not waste money on shoes if this is the case.
    Thanks in advance CD
    To add my two cents, my feet have 100% shrunk. No idea why
    Its only work until its routine

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    To add my two cents, my feet have 100% shrunk. No idea why
    I can see how that could happen because of what the drug does to the body....it's the back and forth, tall, then short, then tall again thing that really through me for a loop.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And another question...some of my friends say I look shorter. Is this the norm of the swing of things?
    I know this may sound silly and maybe this question is ridiculous to u CD but ur kinda the unofficial expert on this in my book.
    So I hope you can be patient with these questions that sound out there...

Just found this new study...diet consisting of 25% prunes may reverse bone loss
    Can Prunes Reverse Bone Loss? - Scientific American
    Last edited by Hulk Smash; 05-10-2018 at 05:35 AM.