User Tag List

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

White Rice over Brown Rice

Hey guys I just posted this in a reply to rmoore's thread but figured it should be posted so everyone can see it.

According to a study I'll post below bran found in brown rice inhibits 5 alpha reductase. White rice does not contain bran so I've been eating that instead since I came across this information.

Link to study abstract:

5α-Reductase type 1 inhibition of Oryza sativa bran extract prepared by supercritical carbon dioxide fluid

Article including list of natural 5 AR inhibitors:

Natural DHT Blockers to Stay Away From

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acne1776 View Post
    Hey guys I just posted this in a reply to rmoore's thread but figured it should be posted so everyone can see it.

According to a study I'll post below bran found in brown rice inhibits 5 alpha reductase. White rice does not contain bran so I've been eating that instead since I came across this information.

Link to study abstract:

5α-Reductase type 1 inhibition of Oryza sativa bran extract prepared by supercritical carbon dioxide fluid

Article including list of natural 5 AR inhibitors:

Natural DHT Blockers to Stay Away From
    Splitting hairs.

I know you guys are thoroughly scared to death about anything that does anything to 5ar now...understandably so.

But you can't compare the effects of a powerful chemical pharmaceutical ......to brown rice. No....to bran. Bran? It just doesn't stack up...at all. I've eaten brown rice over my recovery and have felt no ill effects what so ever.

I'm only offering my personal experience. If it makes you feel better then go ahead. But you have alot more important things to focus on then this.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair point. If you were eating it during your recovery then it most likely isn't a big deal

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Swill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Splitting hairs.

I know you guys are thoroughly scared to death about anything that does anything to 5ar now...understandably so.

But you can't compare the effects of a powerful chemical pharmaceutical ......to brown rice. No....to bran. Bran? It just doesn't stack up...at all. I've eaten brown rice over my recovery and have felt no ill effects what so ever.

I'm only offering my personal experience. If it makes you feel better then go ahead. But you have alot more important things to focus on then this.
    Seconded. I have seen multiple threads where people panic about coconut oil, brown rice etc. I've used both and made huge strides. Plus anecdotally for the record, I find white rice better for backloads, fairly sure I read something from the author of the document that backed it up to, possibly to do with it having a higher glycemic index? I'll be corrected if I'm wrong I'm sure, but yeah... I prefer white rice.
    WORK! CONSUME! DIE!

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swill View Post
    Seconded. I have seen multiple threads where people panic about coconut oil, brown rice etc. I've used both and made huge strides. Plus anecdotally for the record, I find white rice better for backloads, fairly sure I read something from the author of the document that backed it up to, possibly to do with it having a higher glycemic index? I'll be corrected if I'm wrong I'm sure, but yeah... I prefer white rice.
    Nope...you got it. Definitely better for back loads for that very reason. Not too mention white rice has a better mouth feel then brown and also tastes better, imo.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"