Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    February 9, 2017
    Push Power

It is extremely hard to judge today's workout. To make a long story short, I did not go fasted today. I went to the gym in the afternoon since the snow was clearing up then. I had to dig my way out, we got about a foot. I went out and shoveled twice before my plow guy came. I was dead from shoveling, trying to keep up with snow falling at 1-3 inches per hour. Also, by the time I got to the gym, I had to rush. Once I got there, they decided they were going to close early, which made no sense. They were open during the heaviest part of the storm, but closing once the snow came to an end. I ended up going lighter on all my secondary movements because I wanted to control the weights more on the negative portion of the lift.

Due to shoveling, feeling rushed, doing rest pause sets and going lighter, it is hard to judge today's session in terms of how well it went.

I did two or three extra sets on bench because of my two failure sets and then I had to rest pause on the least set of military press today.

Last 7x3 1/5/17

175x3
    185x3
    195x3
    205x3
    200x3
    195x3
    195x3
    Training

Flat Bench Press 7x3 @ 80%-90% of 1RM (180-203 pounds)

180x3
    190x3
    200x3
    205x2
    195x3
    195x3
    195x3
    200x2
    190x3

Military Press

120x5
    115x5,5,5,4 + 2 rest pause

Decline Close Grip Bench Press

155x6,6,6

Incline Bench Press

140x7,6,6

Seated Hammerstrength Shoulder Press

140x6,6,6

Weighted Dips

45x6,6,6

Nutrition

Moderate Carb

Cals - 2,900
    Carbs - 346g
    • Fiber - 50g

Protein - 231g
    Fat - 70g
    • Sat. - 21g
    • Poly. - 11g
    • Mono. - 18g

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    February 10, 2017
    Pull Hypertrophy

Ugh. More snow this weekend. Hopefully I won't have to dig out prior to legs in the AM.

Training

Lat Pulldowns

100x12,12,12,12

Close Grip Seated Cable Row

102.5x12,12
    100x10,10

T Bar Row (overhand grip)

75x10,101,10

Semi Close Grip Pulldown (neutral grip)

120x11,11,10

T Bar Row (underhand grip)

55x10,11,10

Underhand Close Grip Pulldown

95x10,10,10

Reverse Pec Deck

105x11,10,10,10

Nutrition

High Carb

Cals - 3,150
    Carbs - 420g
    • Fiber - 50g

Protein - 231g
    Fat - 64g
    • Sat. - 23g
    • Poly. - 10g
    • Mono. - 13g

- - - Updated - - -

Final review coming Sunday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    February 11, 2017
    Lower Power

Somewhat pleased with the session today. I am pleased with how many sets I hit 290+ for. I did 8 sets because I felt like the second and third rep on 300 wasn't low enough. I know it was, but not for my standard. I am going to go a little lighter on most things tomorrow to really focus on the contraction and tempo.

Last 7x3 1/7/17

265x3
    275x3
    285x3
    295x3
    300x3
    290x3
    280x3
    Training

Back Squat 7x3 @ 80%-90% of 1RM (264-297 lbs)

265x3
    280x3
    290x3
    300x3
    295x3
    295x3
    295x3
    275x3

Pause Squats

200x5,5,5,5,5

Hip Thrust

265x7,7,6

Leg Press

540x7,6,6

Lying Leg Curls

130x7,6,6

Seated Calf Machine

170x8,8,7,7,7

Standing Calf Machine

270x8,7,7,7,7

Nutrition

Low Carb

Cals - 2,650
    Carbs - 277g
    • Fiber - 50g

Protein - 230g
    Fat - 79g
    • Sat. - 19g
    • Poly. - 7g
    • Mono. - 11g

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Final Review

Application - Pretty easy to apply and it dries quickly, but I personally ran into some problems. First, Make sure you apply directly after squeezing the liquid into your hands, or at least keep a steady hand. This is very watery and can easily get in between your fingers, which means less of the liquid getting onto the application site. Another problem I experienced at first was losing the liquid. i will preference this by saying I do have smaller hands. The problem I ran into, initially, was when I tried to apply the product too quickly, it is almost as though I flicked some of it and I could hear some of the liquid hit the ground. Again, not a big issue, but can cause some problems. Do not think this is a product you can apply very quickly. The liquid is just like water so you have to be somewhat conciseness of the product. If this was thicker like a gel, there would be zero problems. Additionally, make sure you wash your hands after, the product makes your hands pretty greasy.

Weight - During the 28 days, weight dropped by .6 pounds, despite increasing my caloric intake. I do think this is a positive sign as it shows a recomp, I will dive into this next.

Strength - Nothing excessive and honestly, my strength probably went up a touch more than it would have without the product. There are definitely better alternatives for natural products in terms of strength gains, specifically ArA and ECDY. This aspect was pretty disappointing.

Body composition - A slight improvement. I will take it though. I feel as though my chest is fuller than pre cycle.

Appetite - Appetite was definitely increased. I would wake up hungry, almost daily, which is odd. I train in the evening and have two meals at night, they are roughly a total of 2,000 cals give or take, about 5 hours pre bed. I could also hear and feel my stomach growling at random times throughout the day.

Drying Effect - Pretty disappointed with this as well. I thought I would see more of an effect from Virtus in this regard. I saw a slight drying effect, but I get way more from 75 mg of Arimistane. I am surprised though, given the strength of Virtus. When I was dosing 1 ml daily, I felt somewhat ran down and lethargic. Additionally, I would wake up fatigued, probably from the evening dose. When I reduced to .5 ml daily, that is when those negative sides went away. Maybe it needs to be ran at 1 ml daily for maximum drying effects, but I could not run it long enough at that dose to tell.

Libido - I had a pretty good boost in libido. I had more morning wood than I normally have. It was not consistent throughout the cycle, but it was noticeable for a good portion of it.

Recovery - No improvement here. Actually, my recovery was a little lower than it would normally be.

Final Thoughts - All in all, given my experience and taking everything into consideration, including price, I do think there are better options out there. I could also be a non-responder to the product. I was expecting more in the areas of strength, drying effect and strength. I was running cals sightly above maintenance, maybe this stack is better at a higher surplus. I know it was only a four week run and anything natural should be ran for eight weeks for maximal benefits, but I thought I would still see more. This stack was not horrible, but it was about average in terms of supplements. Given that, and the price to run these two products together, there are definitely several better options out there. One could look at single products or stacking products that replicate and surpass these results that are not as heavy on the wallet weight. 3/5

Established Member Feedback Score 0 somm's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for doing the log!

Board Admin Feedback Score 0 delsolrob's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, thank you for the log!

This is a tricky realm when there's not a calorie deficit, it's really hard to make Invictus shine. One of it's main purposes is to help manage cortisol to aid in fat loss...one of the main roadblocks of calorie restrictions and low carb diets is it's impact on cortisol. So, for Invictus, this really wasn't within it's primary use case for fat loss.

Pretty much the same for Virtus, it should have helped dry you out. But, like you said, it's difficult to judge the impact of an AI in just 4 weeks.

for a leaning stack, these have been consistently effective...and this is how we have been marketing it.