User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing is there was a guy on the PFS sites named QuantumFaith faith who experienced both androgen and estrogen PFS, and his body totally fell apart he went from a 220 lbs young man to a vegetable and died within a year of these symptoms. I have the exact same early symptoms he did.

And look, I know I'm very anxious and seem like I'm not taking any advice.....I am taking the advice in, but I'd like more than just one persons opinion on what they think would be best to treat this. It's always best to have multiple sources or opinions before jumping into something.

And again I'm sorry, my intentions aren't to be lurking, I'm just very nervous about this and want to determine the best way to treat this moving forward. I made this thread so I wouldn't have to take up the chat box.
    Last edited by Konflict; 01-27-2017 at 05:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And articles like this are what prevents me from just taking something, especially the pregnenolone if my Aromatase isn't correcting on its own like it should:

Neuroprotection by the steroids pregnenolone and dehydroepiandrosterone is mediated by the enzyme aromatase. - PubMed - NCBI

"Pregnenolone and dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) are sex hormone precursors and neuroprotective steroids. Effects of pregnenolone and DHEA may be in part mediated by their conversion to testosterone and by the consecutive conversion of testosterone to estradiol by the enzyme aromatase. This enzyme is induced in reactive astrocytes after different forms of neurodegenerative lesions and the resultant local production of estradiol in the brain has been shown to be neuroprotective. The participation of aromatase in the neuroprotective effect of pregnenolone and DHEA has been assessed in this study. The protective effect of different doses (12.5, 25, 50, and 100 mg/kg) of pregnenolone or DHEA, against systemic kainic acid (7 mg/kg b.w.), was assessed on hippocampal hilar neurons in gonadectomized Wistar male rats. To determine whether the neuroprotective effect of pregnenolone and DHEA was dependent on their conversion to estradiol, the aromatase inhibitor fadrozole (4.16 mg/ml) was administered using subcutaneous osmotic minipumps. The number of Nissl-stained neurons in the hilus of the dentate gyrus of the hippocampal formation was estimated by the optical disector method. The administration of kainic acid resulted in a significant decrease in the number of hilar neurons compared to rats injected with vehicles. Pregnenolone and DHEA showed a dose-dependent protective effect of hilar neurons against kainic acid. The administration of the aromatase inhibitor fadrozole blocked the neuroprotective effect of pregnenolone and DHEA. These findings suggest that estradiol formation by aromatase mediates neuroprotective effects of pregnenolone and DHEA against excitotoxic-induced neuronal death in the hippocampus."

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Multiple opinions are only worthwhile if they are positive, helpful opinions. Feeding off negativity on the "PFS forums" and comparing yourself to someone who "had the worst case ever" is not going to benefit you at all.

I PROMISE you my advice and the other guys residing on this board give you advice that will only benefit you. Constantly overanalyzing everything like your last post is only going to make you worse.

It's your choice my man, either man up and do it or go try something else. You can't sit on the fence and get anywhere in life.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hulk Smash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Konflict:

Are you on the path to recover or tell us the theories, studies and pain most of us here know from experience?
    This is a place for healing and of the healed.

This place should be motivating you; the proof is in the recovery and growth from everyone here.
    Its why I'm here and not somewhere else.

I hope you snap out of it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm here because a lot of people here know about the finasteride side effects and how they effect your body. I'm not exactly looking for the same answers as most of you (how to increase androgens) I'm looking if there's a way to increase Aromatase and what theories there are as to why mine is staying low when I'm currently not taking any form of AI.

Like I said I know I'm anxious, but I'm treating everyone with respect and just looking for advice on this particular case. It's not the exact same as if I took an AI while on a TRT supplement, it's just plain and simply not reverting back in terms of my symptoms.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Konflict View Post
    I'm here because a lot of people here know about the finasteride side effects and how they effect your body. I'm not exactly looking for the same answers as most of you (how to increase androgens) I'm looking if there's a way to increase Aromatase and what theories there are as to why mine is staying low when I'm currently not taking any form of AI.

Like I said I know I'm anxious, but I'm treating everyone with respect and just looking for advice on this particular case. It's not the exact same as if I took an AI while on a TRT supplement, it's just plain and simply not reverting back in terms of my symptoms.
    Your estrogen is fine and your testosterone is low. Even with low T you're not going to have much estrogen. Estrogen will naturally rise as you increase T.

But seriously dude your estrogen is if anything, HIGH for that low of test. You NEED to increase androgens as much as anyone else here. But do what you must.....You sound like a man hell bent on the road you're on. Your estrogen level would not be at that level if you had some form of aromatase PFS or whatever you're calling it.

Seriously my man, listen to the advice these guys are giving you. We know what we're talking about.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Your estrogen is fine and your testosterone is low. Even with low T you're not going to have much estrogen. Estrogen will naturally rise as you increase T.

But seriously dude your estrogen is if anything, HIGH for that low of test. You NEED to increase androgens as much as anyone else here. But do what you must.....You sound like a man hell bent on the road you're on. Your estrogen level would not be at that level if you had some form of aromatase PFS or whatever you're calling it.

Seriously my man, listen to the advice these guys are giving you. We know what we're talking about.
    I appreciate the help I seriously do, I'm in a depressed state of mind right now. So would T levels this low have someone showing signs of low E as well? I'm not very educated on all this just what I've been looking up the past few weeks.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate the help I seriously do, I'm in a depressed state of mind right now. So would T levels this low have someone showing signs of low E as well? I'm not very educated on all this just what I've been looking up the past few weeks.
    I'm far from an endocrinologist myself, but I would imagine that low E would come from low T as well given that it converts from it.

FWIW, I had the low E symptoms after crashing too, my T was in the 300's. As that went up, those dry joint dry skin, weak feeling hurting bones type symptoms went away as well. So I have no doubt that would get better for you if you follow the regimen.

Never Quit.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know and feel the symptoms I'm experience, and as someone who used fin we know our blood tests don't always show the true story of what's going on, many of us have normal ranges with very bad symptoms....that's why none of us can really get treatment or help with this.

I feel I have PFS but with Aromatase now, to go along with the androgen PFS .
    OK, so I still have no idea what answers you are looking for from anyone on here? We told you what do a million times. Increasing T would help level out whatever you are missing and help get things back in order. Getting TSH down would help thyroid and therefore also help bring up T and androgens. T also antagonizes cortisol so if you have low T you most likely have high cortisol too which comes with a host of all shitty effects (mental and physical).
    Last edited by TubZy; 01-28-2017 at 01:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just trying to keep open minded as to what's going on man, that's all. I have a few more tests I got back tonight I'll post them below. So in terms of suggestions, you think that pregnenolone and possible a thyroid med such as Cytomel would benefit me the most? It honestly seems I have a mix of hypo and hyper symptoms, so I wouldn't be sure which thyroid med to take since me t3 is fairly high already.

New tests:

Total estrogens: 88 pg/mL 60 - 190 pg/mL
    Free testosterone: 62.7 pg/mL 46.0 - 224.0 pg/mL
    Last edited by Konflict; 01-28-2017 at 05:39 AM.