User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barbaar's recovery journey

Hey guys, been on the protocol since September last year, but figured I'd start a log here too to keep myself on track and be more consistent.

I started with a 7 day juice feast which went ok, and jumped directly on the herb cycle after. The herbs hit me hard after the juice feast and I felt amazing for a week, and from there on it's been upswings and downswings as expected. I can't really notice the effects of the individual herbs anymore, but on upswings I sometimes have crazy amounts of energy which is really awesome since even before I got PSSD I was dealing with fatigue and lethargy. There have even been days where I could confidently say I had a bit of actual libido again, hell yeah. At one point my erection quality was also like 90% back to normal for a week or so, but that didn't last. Oh well I'm sure it'll return at some point.

The corona lockdown threw me off for a few weeks, but I've picked things back up again and can exercise at home with some home gym stuff. I lift 3x a week, and do cardio at least twice. I started as an out of shape CS student so it's been a learning experience for sure. Dropped 13kg of fat so far and put on a bit of muscle. I haven't done HIIT yet, but as soon as I can run 5k without taking a break I will replace running with HIIT.

Things I still need to improve/be more consistent with:
    - Tighten up my diet (It was fine before, but I'm hanging out at my parent's place during the quarantine because they have a home gym and a big garden I can chill in instead of being stuck in my tiny studio apartment)
    - Consistently do the breathing exercises
    - Bathmate (didn't wan't to bring it to my parent's place lol)
    - Full cold showers (just doing 1 minute at the end now)
    - Meditation
    - Go full nofap (already cut down a lot, energy levels go to shit if I don't)

I have two bottles of musclegelz andro hard ready to go for my first cycle, but I want to make sure everything else is 100% on point before I begin. Hopefully that will be within the next few weeks.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barbaar View Post
    Hey guys, been on the protocol since September last year, but figured I'd start a log here too to keep myself on track and be more consistent.

I started with a 7 day juice feast which went ok, and jumped directly on the herb cycle after. The herbs hit me hard after the juice feast and I felt amazing for a week, and from there on it's been upswings and downswings as expected. I can't really notice the effects of the individual herbs anymore, but on upswings I sometimes have crazy amounts of energy which is really awesome since even before I got PSSD I was dealing with fatigue and lethargy. There have even been days where I could confidently say I had a bit of actual libido again, hell yeah. At one point my erection quality was also like 90% back to normal for a week or so, but that didn't last. Oh well I'm sure it'll return at some point.

The corona lockdown threw me off for a few weeks, but I've picked things back up again and can exercise at home with some home gym stuff. I lift 3x a week, and do cardio at least twice. I started as an out of shape CS student so it's been a learning experience for sure. Dropped 13kg of fat so far and put on a bit of muscle. I haven't done HIIT yet, but as soon as I can run 5k without taking a break I will replace running with HIIT.

Things I still need to improve/be more consistent with:
    - Tighten up my diet (It was fine before, but I'm hanging out at my parent's place during the quarantine because they have a home gym and a big garden I can chill in instead of being stuck in my tiny studio apartment)
    - Consistently do the breathing exercises
    - Bathmate (didn't wan't to bring it to my parent's place lol)
    - Full cold showers (just doing 1 minute at the end now)
    - Meditation
    - Go full nofap (already cut down a lot, energy levels go to shit if I don't)

I have two bottles of musclegelz andro hard ready to go for my first cycle, but I want to make sure everything else is 100% on point before I begin. Hopefully that will be within the next few weeks.
    No. No. No. Stop the 5K. Run the sprints. What you are doing is apples and oranges. Don't bother with steady state cardio. Man.....not picking on you guys, but this thing was written for a reason. Not for shits and giggles. Don't reinvent the wheel man. It's all been done for you. JUST FOLLOW IT. Seriously.

By not going all in you're only robbing yourself. How bad do you want it? You have complete control. What you put in, is what you get out.

Honestly, don't bother running the cycle until you have most of the preliminary bases covered.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    No. No. No. Stop the 5K. Run the sprints. What you are doing is apples and oranges. Don't bother with steady state cardio. Man.....not picking on you guys, but this thing was written for a reason. Not for shits and giggles. Don't reinvent the wheel man. It's all been done for you. JUST FOLLOW IT. Seriously.

By not going all in you're only robbing yourself. How bad do you want it? You have complete control. What you put in, is what you get out.

Honestly, don't bother running the cycle until you have most of the preliminary bases covered.
    Roger that, sprints from now on. I thought it would be good to build things up a bit more slowly because I have a habit of hurting myself by doing exercise stuff wrong. When I started I couldn't run at a moderate pace for 5 minutes without feeling like I was dying, now the 5k is pretty easy and feels alright.

I've also been dealing with back and neck pain for a week I think I got by doing bent over rows with less than perfect form... Like I said I'm a noob and still getting the hang of heavy lifting too (everyone here is fucking ripped, I'm not. Yet...) I fully realize that by building up the exercise a little slower it's also going to take more time to heal, but to me that is preferable to screwing up my back doing deadlifts wrong (happened before too ) and not being able to exercise for a month or two.

As far as the other points, my diet is back to where it was before, full paleo with dairy allowed. I just refuse to eat anything that's not ok, family thinks I'm a weirdo but whatever. Breathing exercises 2x a day, full cold showers, and stopping by my place later tonight to pick up some stuff so might as well bring the bathmate.

Will hold off on the cycle until this has become 100% routine and steady for a good while.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Bankai9000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roger that, sprints from now on. I thought it would be good to build things up a bit more slowly because I have a habit of hurting myself by doing exercise stuff wrong. When I started I couldn't run at a moderate pace for 5 minutes without feeling like I was dying, now the 5k is pretty easy and feels alright.

I've also been dealing with back and neck pain for a week I think I got by doing bent over rows with less than perfect form... Like I said I'm a noob and still getting the hang of heavy lifting too (everyone here is fucking ripped, I'm not. Yet...) I fully realize that by building up the exercise a little slower it's also going to take more time to heal, but to me that is preferable to screwing up my back doing deadlifts wrong (happened before too ) and not being able to exercise for a month or two.

As far as the other points, my diet is back to where it was before, full paleo with dairy allowed. I just refuse to eat anything that's not ok, family thinks I'm a weirdo but whatever. Breathing exercises 2x a day, full cold showers, and stopping by my place later tonight to pick up some stuff so might as well bring the bathmate.

Will hold off on the cycle until this has become 100% routine and steady for a good while.
    Barbaar biaacz I like yo posts here again m8 ;D

Dud 5km is quite a run, it's gonna raise cortisol without substantial benefits. HIIT is gonna make yo body freak out short term and is with cold exposure/heat exposure and fasting one of the only things correlated to longevity gene activationzz
    If ya wanna run do a 3-10minute one 2x a day just to get some blood rushing without getting actually exhausted.
    I like your attitude cuz for me it was the same the first weeks after crash, couldn't even jogg for 2 damn minutes without needing a break grasping for air with tight chest ahaha. Feels damn good to get out of that but no need to push it further^^

And with gym and muscles, consistency will make you huge. If you manage to do chill training 3x a week in 3 years you gonna be HUGE af compared to now, especially when diet and sleep is on point.
    Goin nuts in gym and hitting it 6x a week does not give exponential benefits ;D, for many even slows it down with all these brosplits around xdd

Idk if you still struggle with it, cuz I remember we had the similar dikk wrapped in rubber feelin, I never got much hang of the bathmate. But I belive this here helped me tremendously Heat Therapy for Peyronies and ED - Better Than Verapamil (at home and nearly free) - YouTube

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankai9000 View Post
    Barbaar biaacz I like yo posts here again m8 ;D

Dud 5km is quite a run, it's gonna raise cortisol without substantial benefits. HIIT is gonna make yo body freak out short term and is with cold exposure/heat exposure and fasting one of the only things correlated to longevity gene activationzz
    If ya wanna run do a 3-10minute one 2x a day just to get some blood rushing without getting actually exhausted.
    I like your attitude cuz for me it was the same the first weeks after crash, couldn't even jogg for 2 damn minutes without needing a break grasping for air with tight chest ahaha. Feels damn good to get out of that but no need to push it further^^

And with gym and muscles, consistency will make you huge. If you manage to do chill training 3x a week in 3 years you gonna be HUGE af compared to now, especially when diet and sleep is on point.
    Goin nuts in gym and hitting it 6x a week does not give exponential benefits ;D, for many even slows it down with all these brosplits around xdd

Idk if you still struggle with it, cuz I remember we had the similar dikk wrapped in rubber feelin, I never got much hang of the bathmate. But I belive this here helped me tremendously Heat Therapy for Peyronies and ED - Better Than Verapamil (at home and nearly free) - YouTube
    Yo dawg haha. I think getting your cardiovascular fitness up can only be a good thing tbh, but I agree HIIT is probably more bang for your buck. I was doing the runs on a threadmill anyways which in my experience is less harsh than outside.

And yea my dick is still pretty fucked up lol. Bent, twisted and dented, definitely lost some girth too... Although in the week where my EQ was better it was hardly noticable so at least I'm sure it's not permanent. I'll check out the heat therapy stuff.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else get extremely lethargic from magnesium? I recently started taking some magnesium malate before bed and I've been super unproductive for several days and my entire body feels heavy and tired all the time. Kinda feels like what being depressed felt like before pssd but without the sadness

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyone else get extremely lethargic from magnesium? I recently started taking some magnesium malate before bed and I've been super unproductive for several days and my entire body feels heavy and tired all the time. Kinda feels like what being depressed felt like before pssd but without the sadness
    Back down on the dose and take it every other day instead.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Back down on the dose and take it every other day instead.
    Thx CD will do. Funny that it has such a pronounced effect on me. I tried magnesium chloride and citrate (as opposed to malate) before and they didn't do much.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thx CD will do. Funny that it has such a pronounced effect on me. I tried magnesium chloride and citrate (as opposed to malate) before and they didn't do much.
    Once you get the dose right, it will work wonders for you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys what's your opinion on CBD oil? I've been under a ton of stress lately and it's causing a bit of insomnia. A few days ago I had like 1/4th of an edible lol, I didn't feel stressed for the first time in weeks and slept like a baby. I'm hoping CBD will help with sleep too, but without the other mental effects (whether it actually helps or not I don't know yet).