Thread: TRT Newbie

Hybrid View

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TRT Newbie

To cut a long story short, I took finasteride for 1.5 years (ending in 2014), had a number of symptoms after that which many others share to greater or lesser degree and I'm exploring TRT as a way of addressing this. Unlike many I still have my libido, but I have noticed my cognitive function is gradually getting worse and worse and I've known for a couple of years that due to the huge rise in SHBG my free testosterone is now in the lowest quartile.

Today I saw my endo here in the UK and he prescribed me some Testosterone Undecanoate with the standard dose being 1gram up front with a top up at 6 weeks and then every 12 weeks. I've not been given an oestrogen inhibitor or HCG.

Before I get this injected I wanted to get a feel for whether this is a sensible approach and to see if there are any improvements you'd recommend to what I take? I'm also only 29 and have read about the risk of infertility and didn't know if trialling this for 4 months could cause this.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magicfox View Post
    To cut a long story short, I took finasteride for 1.5 years (ending in 2014), had a number of symptoms after that which many others share to greater or lesser degree and I'm exploring TRT as a way of addressing this. Unlike many I still have my libido, but I have noticed my cognitive function is gradually getting worse and worse and I've known for a couple of years that due to the huge rise in SHBG my free testosterone is now in the lowest quartile.

Today I saw my endo here in the UK and he prescribed me some Testosterone Undecanoate with the standard dose being 1gram up front with a top up at 6 weeks and then every 12 weeks. I've not been given an oestrogen inhibitor or HCG.

Before I get this injected I wanted to get a feel for whether this is a sensible approach and to see if there are any improvements you'd recommend to what I take? I'm also only 29 and have read about the risk of infertility and didn't know if trialling this for 4 months could cause this.
    TRT is a dead end when it comes to treating symptoms of finasteride use.
    Its only work until its routine

Board Admin Feedback Score 0 delsolrob's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    TRT is a dead end when it comes to treating symptoms of finasteride use.
    is this due to a enzyme conversion issue?

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As my symptoms aren't as bad a most peoples and there are a handful of recoveries from this route I thought it could be worth a try