Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
I'm going to say this again....fasting is no where near a vacation. Not sure where you're getting that idea from. But I'm assuming once you experience it, you'll understand. A vacation is fun. Fasting is not.

In regards to the differences....I prefer the modern amenities that True North offers as opposed to literally being out in the rain forest, cut off from everyone, starving for weeks with no distractions. Tanglewood was a test of mental fortitude, one which I would prefer never to do again.

I like having my day broken up with the doctors coming to test my vitals twice a day, lectures about heal, other fasters, TV, music, movies, etc. It makes the otherwise long and monotonous day go by.

Tanglewood....I had me and my thoughts, and the monkeys....that was it. It pushed even me to my limit, and that takes alot.

Dude....San Fran and Boston have no where near the same climates? San Fran has way nicer weather than Bean town does....easy.

I always recommend True North for the reasons I already mentioned. I wouldn't want someone to go all the way out to the rain forest and completely lose their minds. You'll have everything you need there, along with tons of support and company, should you just to accept it.

If you've never fasted before, then 21 days is the sweet spot. My very first fast I did was for 14 days, and I knew I could have done more. I wish I did do more. You want to only have to do this one time and the best way to assure that is to go for as long as you can the first time. You can stop any time you like so just because you shoot for 21 doesn't mean you have to do it if you can handle it.
Just to add to this, I was shooting for a 14 day fast with a 7 day re-feed, but they took me off the water fast at day 13... as CD said they take your vitals and bloods, and my kidneys were working hard and that and a few other indicators told the docs that I was done and reached where I optimally needed to. Everyone is different and the great thing is that you know they are looking at where you're at and you're in expert hands.