User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup think its happening. I just spoke to Doctor Goldhamer- he's all for post fin guys giving this a shot.

I just really can't wait for this clomid to get out of me- see really how bad I am at a baseline. Been on TRT, HCG, now clomid ever since my crash. Truly believe these have held me back significantly. Baseline is going to be a pretty scary place I believe- at least I only have a couple of weeks of life I have to do then a nice 3 week vacation! Can't wait :-)

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruschi11 View Post
    Yup think its happening. I just spoke to Doctor Goldhamer- he's all for post fin guys giving this a shot.

I just really can't wait for this clomid to get out of me- see really how bad I am at a baseline. Been on TRT, HCG, now clomid ever since my crash. Truly believe these have held me back significantly. Baseline is going to be a pretty scary place I believe- at least I only have a couple of weeks of life I have to do then a nice 3 week vacation! Can't wait :-)
    It's going to be far from a vacation my friend.....lol.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking about vacations... I saw you went to Tanglewood. Was that a better experience? True North I feel like I may just be in between walls all day- is that the case? I know enjoying nature and sun might be tough in such a decrepit state fasting, but realize it might be nice to be outside getting fresh air.

The Texas dude Dr. Cinque said he could possibly take me as well if I get off Ativan stable as I should.

Also thinking, maybe I want to stay in relatively similar climate so Boston and San Fran are similar. Might be best for that. Thoughts?

One other factor- I do need WIFI. Just need an hour or so to answer emails per day for work.

Just tough right now as I'd like to start this the weekend of the 23rd- 21 (14 fast, 7 refeed) days and be back for easter. Hiding this from my grandparents' is mine and my parents biggest concern lol and it sucks the holiday has to be coming up. Really thinking I gotta decide by Monday and settle with a plan.

Also, were 21 day fasts far more beneficial you'd say than the 14? Or very similar? The Tanglewood guy is saying 21 is best on his site. I honestly don't care how bad and how long I have to go through with this, I just want what's best for me longterm.
    Last edited by bruschi11; 03-11-2017 at 11:29 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Speaking about vacations... I saw you went to Tanglewood. Was that a better experience? True North I feel like I may just be in between walls all day- is that the case? I know enjoying nature and sun might be tough in such a decrepit state fasting, but realize it might be nice to be outside getting fresh air.

The Texas dude Dr. Cinque said he could possibly take me as well if I get off Ativan stable as I should.

Also thinking, maybe I want to stay in relatively similar climate so Boston and San Fran are similar. Might be best for that. Thoughts?

One other factor- I do need WIFI. Just need an hour or so to answer emails per day for work.

Just tough right now as I'd like to start this the weekend of the 23rd- 21 (14 fast, 7 refeed) days and be back for easter. Hiding this from my grandparents' is mine and my parents biggest concern lol and it sucks the holiday has to be coming up. Really thinking I gotta decide by Monday and settle with a plan.

Also, were 21 day fasts far more beneficial you'd say than the 14? Or very similar? The Tanglewood guy is saying 21 is best on his site. I honestly don't care how bad and how long I have to go through with this, I just want what's best for me longterm.
    I'm going to say this again....fasting is no where near a vacation. Not sure where you're getting that idea from. But I'm assuming once you experience it, you'll understand. A vacation is fun. Fasting is not.

In regards to the differences....I prefer the modern amenities that True North offers as opposed to literally being out in the rain forest, cut off from everyone, starving for weeks with no distractions. Tanglewood was a test of mental fortitude, one which I would prefer never to do again.

I like having my day broken up with the doctors coming to test my vitals twice a day, lectures about heal, other fasters, TV, music, movies, etc. It makes the otherwise long and monotonous day go by.

Tanglewood....I had me and my thoughts, and the monkeys....that was it. It pushed even me to my limit, and that takes alot.

Dude....San Fran and Boston have no where near the same climates? San Fran has way nicer weather than Bean town does....easy.

I always recommend True North for the reasons I already mentioned. I wouldn't want someone to go all the way out to the rain forest and completely lose their minds. You'll have everything you need there, along with tons of support and company, should you just to accept it.

If you've never fasted before, then 21 days is the sweet spot. My very first fast I did was for 14 days, and I knew I could have done more. I wish I did do more. You want to only have to do this one time and the best way to assure that is to go for as long as you can the first time. You can stop any time you like so just because you shoot for 21 doesn't mean you have to do it if you can handle it.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Complete sarcasm on the vacation part CD haha. I totally get it- this is going to be the toughest thing I go through other than probably my crash.

Thanks for giving me conclusion to head towards True North. I guess I was a bit off on the climate there- I'll be seeing 60s and 70s possibly during my stay.

And really, I appreciate all this info.
    Last edited by bruschi11; 03-12-2017 at 10:49 AM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Complete sarcasm on the vacation part CD haha. I totally get it- this is going to be the toughest thing I go through other than probably my crash.

Thanks for giving me conclusion to head towards True North. I guess I was a bit off on the climate there- I'll be seeing 60s and 70s possibly during my stay.

And really, I appreciate all this info.
    The more people that experience what an extended water fast can do, the more people will end up doing them. Keep us posted during your fast. You're going to be in good hand.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Swill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I'm going to say this again....fasting is no where near a vacation. Not sure where you're getting that idea from. But I'm assuming once you experience it, you'll understand. A vacation is fun. Fasting is not.

In regards to the differences....I prefer the modern amenities that True North offers as opposed to literally being out in the rain forest, cut off from everyone, starving for weeks with no distractions. Tanglewood was a test of mental fortitude, one which I would prefer never to do again.

I like having my day broken up with the doctors coming to test my vitals twice a day, lectures about heal, other fasters, TV, music, movies, etc. It makes the otherwise long and monotonous day go by.

Tanglewood....I had me and my thoughts, and the monkeys....that was it. It pushed even me to my limit, and that takes alot.

Dude....San Fran and Boston have no where near the same climates? San Fran has way nicer weather than Bean town does....easy.

I always recommend True North for the reasons I already mentioned. I wouldn't want someone to go all the way out to the rain forest and completely lose their minds. You'll have everything you need there, along with tons of support and company, should you just to accept it.

If you've never fasted before, then 21 days is the sweet spot. My very first fast I did was for 14 days, and I knew I could have done more. I wish I did do more. You want to only have to do this one time and the best way to assure that is to go for as long as you can the first time. You can stop any time you like so just because you shoot for 21 doesn't mean you have to do it if you can handle it.
    Just to add to this, I was shooting for a 14 day fast with a 7 day re-feed, but they took me off the water fast at day 13... as CD said they take your vitals and bloods, and my kidneys were working hard and that and a few other indicators told the docs that I was done and reached where I optimally needed to. Everyone is different and the great thing is that you know they are looking at where you're at and you're in expert hands.
    WORK! CONSUME! DIE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Change of plans here- I sound like a tease.

But due to the severity of my adrenal problem- low cortisol leading to the body running on adrenaline rest of day, doctors and I have come to conclusion body is not anywhere ready for an actual fast. The body running on adrenaline causes bacteria from intestines to be moved into the blood stream toxicating it even more. Cortisol is needed to clean the body and that has to get under control before a fast can take place.

Once I get ahold of the adrenals, I'll end up going to True North as they are holding my money for my next stay. This may take awhile, but need to be smart here and be able to make the most of a fast.

That said, tomorrow will be day 1 of an 18 day or so juice feast before Easter. Mostly greens with some fruit. Plenty of asparagus trying to boost 5ar2 with protodioscin.

I realize juice is probably my best shot with the adrenal issue. I read about BrazilianDude on PH making a full recovery with 1.5 years of juicing. Honestly not afraid of doing something to that degree. Pretty much realize my life is over unless something drastic happens. I'm in pretty bad shape. I'll juice as long as I can to fix digestive system as I think that is truly my biggest weakness.

Can coffee (black) be included in a juice feast?
    Last edited by bruschi11; 03-21-2017 at 12:49 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Swill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But due to the severity of my adrenal problem- low cortisol leading to the body running on adrenaline rest of day, doctors and I have come to conclusion body is not anywhere ready for an actual fast. The body running on adrenaline causes bacteria from intestines to be moved into the blood stream toxicating it even more. Cortisol is needed to clean the body and that has to get under control before a fast can take place.

Once I get ahold of the adrenals, I'll end up going to True North as they are holding my money for my next stay. This may take awhile, but need to be smart here and be able to make the most of a fast.

That said, tomorrow will be day 1 of an 18 day or so juice feast before Easter. Mostly greens with some fruit. Plenty of asparagus trying to boost 5ar2 with protodioscin.

I realize juice is probably my best shot with the adrenal issue. I read about BrazilianDude on PH making a full recovery with 1.5 years of juicing. Honestly not afraid of doing something to that degree. Pretty much realize my life is over unless something drastic happens. I'm in pretty bad shape. I'll juice as long as I can to fix digestive system as I think that is truly my biggest weakness.

Entirely your call bro, but just be aware that most doctors despise the idea of fasting and you will be advised away from it always by those in conventional medicine. You do what is right for you, but just to mention that fact. Good luck.
    WORK! CONSUME! DIE!

Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adrenals are the back up reserves. There is an underlying issue causing it GABA deficiency, hypothyroidism, progesterone deficiency etc.

I don't believe in adrenal fatigue after I have been trying to treat it for the first 1.5-2 years coming off fin. Using hydrocortisone is also a double edged sword as well. I think you could also do more damage than good, the herbs would be the safest to modulate cortisol (meaning not let it go too low or too high).

In fact, here is my post from 2014, when I became obsessive in treating adrenal fatigue (PFS induced) and really made no progress after literally trying every possible adrenal supplement both natural and pharmaceutical.
    Recovering - Mental Health - LONGECITY
    Last edited by TubZy; 03-21-2017 at 04:11 PM.