User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 Durantia37's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant that I'm doing everything, except I only have 8 herbs, and I use store bought probiotics foods. Also, I haven't done more than a 2.5 day fast (which screwed me up way worse than I was).

I'm skeptical that toxicity is my gut's problem. It seems more like stress and whatever havoc hormonal imbalance wreaks on the gut. The plan in the back of my head was 4-5 day water fast followed by bone broth and Glutamine and a strict GAPS-style diet for awhile. But I'm sure you disagree.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Short Intro and a Few Questions and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Durantia37 View Post
    I meant that I'm doing everything, except I only have 8 herbs, and I use store bought probiotics foods. Also, I haven't done more than a 2.5 day fast (which screwed me up way worse than I was).

I'm skeptical that toxicity is my gut's problem. It seems more like stress and whatever havoc hormonal imbalance wreaks on the gut. The plan in the back of my head was 4-5 day water fast followed by bone broth and Glutamine and a strict GAPS-style diet for awhile. But I'm sure you disagree.
    I would very much expect a fast of only two and a half days to do exactly what it did to you, which was screw you up.

Do you know why?

And yes you are correct I disagree with your plan. And for good reason.

You can obviously do whatever it is you think is going to be good for you.

When that fails you can always come back here and do it the way that works.

I'm not going anywhere.

No sense in trying to reinvent the wheel my friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 02-24-2017 at 10:10 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It screwed me up because I quit in the middle of a detox.

You disagree because fats will be hard to digest after 5 days without food.

Starting the juice feast tomorrow, you win.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It screwed me up because I quit in the middle of a detox.

You disagree because fats will be hard to digest after 5 days without food.

Starting the juice feast tomorrow, you win.
    Yes and yes.

It's not about winning or losing man. It's about doing things in the most efficient way possible that get the quickest results possible.

Why drag it out and make it any more difficult than it has to be? You're dealing with enough as it is.

Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do I know when to quit feasting?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How do I know when to quit feasting?
    Seeing as you can go for quite a long time on 4 to 6 quarts of fresh juice daily you have to wait for the window of opportunity when you feel symptoms break and you have a window of clarity and peace. That's usually a good time to bail. If you keep pushing through those good times you're most likely end up digging up more stuff that has to come out and then you're going to have to wait for that crisis to settle down before your next window opens up.

You really have to go by feel unless you plan on feasting to completion which could be months as opposed to water fasting to completion which would be weeks.

The water fast unfortunately at that length has to be done at the center

Either way, regardless of your method, each one of them will hit a Finish Line If you let them go long enough.

This is obviously the ultimate goal although most people don't have the will to go for as long as it takes. This is why they end up doing a couple extended Feast/fasts as opposed to doing it to completion

Last edited by Cdsnuts; 02-24-2017 at 10:26 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you say "symptoms" you mean detox symptoms right?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

When you say "symptoms" you mean detox symptoms right?
    Yes, which can be actual detox symptoms or an exacerbation of your current symptoms.... it all comes out in the wash

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, thanks for the help man.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I haven't updated this in awhile, mainly because I've just been cleansing and cleansing some more. I cleansed enough to see that it worked - therefore I decided to take it all the way (also, I didn't feel like I had much choice).

I'm still cleansing, so I don't have much to update with actual progress. I just thought I'd give some humble suggestions in terms of cleansing to make it more bearable and effective. I've studied my ass off and think I have some helpful stuff. As always, I'm open to objections and claim neither scientific nor nutritional expertise.

1. Start a juice feast off with two or so days of water fasting. You get calm quicker, you get over hunger quicker, you appreciate the juice more, you get extra cleansing, it's a win-win-win-win. Surely anyone can manage a weekend water fast before a juice feast.

2. It's really not that much more expensive than buying produce to get a few of your juices made at a Juice Bar. I personally do 4 large juices at Juice Bar and make two myself. Average $40 a day for homemade and Juice Bar juices combined, but I water fast on weekends while juicing, so it's not unreasonable at all. $200/week, and only like an hour a day of labor. Do all the labor yourself and you might save $50 bucks, but you're gonna wear yourself down juicing 2.5 hrs a day. This is a way to make the process less shitty. They have a What's Up Doc? drink that I highly recommend - carrot juice with lemon and garlic - good for gut health, lowish glycemic load.

3. I haven't done this yet, and CD might object to it, but I'm going to start tomorrow. I think it's not a bad idea to add a little lemon and cayenne to your water a couple times a day. This will warm you up and give you extra detox - might even get a bowel movement out of the deal.

4. Wear fucking layers. You're gonna freeze your ass off. The more bearable you make this, the more likely you are to stick with it.

5. Saunas provide instant detox relief. (I'm personally pretty lucky - I talked my way into a "student" discount because I work at a university library, pay $30 a month for a gym with a sauna that's walking distance away and right next to a Juice Bar. Gets my lymph going to walk there and back, and gives me sunshine).

6. CD will definitely object to this one, but I think it might be a good idea to add glutamine to your juices. This is a great time to heal the gut lining, and I can't imagine it significantly interferes with detox. I personally think that I can sacrifice a tiny bit of detox for a very healthy gut lining (this is a core contributor to toxicity to begin with).