Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 Durantia37's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Short Intro and a Few Questions and Comments

Hello,

25yrs old, saw palmetto for like 10 days, three months ago.

Various crashes, various returns to 95-100%, gradual decline, huge, huge crash about a week ago following what I think was an un-fortuitous re-feeding process after a 50ish hour water fast (also took Prescript-Assist immediately after, which might have been too much. I honestly have no idea, but I went from 98% to crashing 2-3 times harder than I'd ever crashed).

Foregoing the fast/feast for now, because the huge crash came after a fast, and I would like to give my body some consistency.

I suspect the first thing CD will do when he sees this is tell me to do a feast, but I don't think it's a good idea at this point. I've been roller-coastering a lot as I adjust my diet, and it's my personal belief that the organs need consistency more than cleansing at certain times.

Before I get accused of this, I am absolutely not avoiding feasting out of laziness - I'd bottle and drink my own semen if I thought it would help. I can just intuitively sense that consistency is key for a month or so.

Other than that, I'm doing everything to the T, with a few small add-ons I've discovered.

Blah blah, who cares.

Questions and Comments:

1) Is there any kind of general consensus on Creatine for PFS? Seems like it could only help, but I've been hesitant to try it.

2) If anyone wants to exchange what I'd call "protocol stacks," I think it could be helpful. These are combinations of food/food timing/supps/supp timing/exercise/herbs/etc. that I've developed or read about.

Example: Moderate intake of black coffee before a workout supposedly increases test 12-18%. HIIT obviously increases T and GH, as does sunshine. The recommendation for herbs is with coffee on an empty stomach. HIIT in a fasting state further increases GH. Therefore if one were to regularly skip breakfast, take a t-boosting herb with a small amount of coffee, and then go do an HIIT session outside shirtless, there should be a big surge in the hormones we're trying to surge. If that makes no sense, let me know - I'm far from a scientist.

3) CD, I found a grammatical error on the very first sentence of the website, lol. Also, it should be "Putting it All Together." I was an English major, and I'm more than willing to help edit the entire thing, now, intermittently, or at the end - just say the word.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Durantia37 View Post
    Hello,

25yrs old, saw palmetto for like 10 days, three months ago.

Various crashes, various returns to 95-100%, gradual decline, huge, huge crash about a week ago following what I think was an un-fortuitous re-feeding process after a 50ish hour water fast (also took Prescript-Assist immediately after, which might have been too much. I honestly have no idea, but I went from 98% to crashing 2-3 times harder than I'd ever crashed).

Foregoing the fast/feast for now, because the huge crash came after a fast, and I would like to give my body some consistency.

I suspect the first thing CD will do when he sees this is tell me to do a feast, but I don't think it's a good idea at this point. I've been roller-coastering a lot as I adjust my diet, and it's my personal belief that the organs need consistency more than cleansing at certain times.

Before I get accused of this, I am absolutely not avoiding feasting out of laziness - I'd bottle and drink my own semen if I thought it would help. I can just intuitively sense that consistency is key for a month or so.

Other than that, I'm doing everything to the T, with a few small add-ons I've discovered.

Blah blah, who cares.

Questions and Comments:

1) Is there any kind of general consensus on Creatine for PFS? Seems like it could only help, but I've been hesitant to try it.
    Creatine is fine while recovering.

2) If anyone wants to exchange what I'd call "protocol stacks," I think it could be helpful. These are combinations of food/food timing/supps/supp timing/exercise/herbs/etc. that I've developed or read about.

Example: Moderate intake of black coffee before a workout supposedly increases test 12-18%. HIIT obviously increases T and GH, as does sunshine. The recommendation for herbs is with coffee on an empty stomach. HIIT in a fasting state further increases GH. Therefore if one were to regularly skip breakfast, take a t-boosting herb with a small amount of coffee, and then go do an HIIT session outside shirtless, there should be a big surge in the hormones we're trying to surge. If that makes no sense, let me know - I'm far from a scientist.
    You would be correct in this assumption and this would be a very positive thing to do

3) CD, I found a grammatical error on the very first sentence of the website, lol. Also, it should be "Putting it All Together." I was an English major, and I'm more than willing to help edit the entire thing, now, intermittently, or at the end - just say the word.
    Do tell

Welcome. You've found the right place. It seems as though you've been busy researching these methods which is great. Just don't try to reinvent the wheel.

I understand you want to level out a bit as detoxing can be very rough on the system. That being said, when you feast, for the CORRECT amount of time, which is two weeks, you will not only detox but you will naturally level out and find homeostasis. This is the place that you will start to build from. The cleanse is in fact, the BEST way to level yourself out. You take all your lumps in the beginning and then it's over, as opposed to dragging the cleansing out over a longer period of time.

Thanks for the site corrections. They are always welcomed
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 02-13-2017 at 07:38 AM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. The first sentence of the site should say "men who are interested" rather than "interesting."

Do you think creatine is helpful, or just not harmful?

Two weeks of juice feasting is something I might not be able to swing financially, after buying seven herbs...I've gotten great results (other than the last time) from water fasting, so I'm more inclined to do a few 3-4 day water fasts (English said he did a few of these rather than a single monster fast). I know you hate it when people do less than 100%, but, at the very least, I'm not gonna do less than 100% and then blame the protocol. And if it does work, I'll give you full credit.

I'll keep this post updated every month or so, for any curious lurkers.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. The first sentence of the site should say "men who are interested" rather than "interesting."

Do you think creatine is helpful, or just not harmful?

Two weeks of juice feasting is something I might not be able to swing financially, after buying seven herbs...I've gotten great results (other than the last time) from water fasting, so I'm more inclined to do a few 3-4 day water fasts (English said he did a few of these rather than a single monster fast). I know you hate it when people do less than 100%, but, at the very least, I'm not gonna do less than 100% and then blame the protocol. And if it does work, I'll give you full credit.

I'll keep this post updated every month or so, for any curious lurkers.
    Thanks! The spell check cleared it because...well....it was spelled right!

I think creatine is helpful. You just have to find a brand that doesn't cause you to bloat and hold too much water. I used to cycle the creatine caps, although I can't remember what the brand was. It was micronized creatine capsules in a yellow bottle. Stuff worked great for increasing strength and some muscle fullness.

I'd prefer everyone do a water fast, actually. It's just too much for most people to bare. That being said, it is the gold standard for cleansing, hands down. And, you do still cleanse with a juice feast, but it happens a bit slower. You trade 100% cleansing energy for being able to function fully throughout the day. I'd say you still cleanse at about 80% with juice....

Lol. Thanks. But it's not so much about looking for credit as it is to just get these guys to get out of there own way and see for themselves that healing is not only possible, but inevitable should they stick to the program 100%. When people do anything less, they're just selling themselves short and increasing the amount of time they are going to spend in a shitty state.

100% commitment is the FASTEST way out, and even then it takes longer then people want it to.

Seems like you have a good handle on how you're going to move forward.

Good luck to you.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much appreciated man. I'm definitely going 100% on everything else, just might shorten/break up the fast a little bit (can't miss work).

Is bloating bad for recovery, or just uncomfortable? I've taken some really generic creatine before, and I got a little more "full" feeling in my muscles, but that's it. Nothing uncomfortable or anything.

I'll try to make that the last question for now. I don't want to over-complicate things.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Much appreciated man. I'm definitely going 100% on everything else, just might shorten/break up the fast a little bit (can't miss work).

Is bloating bad for recovery, or just uncomfortable? I've taken some really generic creatine before, and I got a little more "full" feeling in my muscles, but that's it. Nothing uncomfortable or anything.

I'll try to make that the last question for now. I don't want to over-complicate things.
    It's not detrimental, it's just uncomfortable. PFS is uncomfortable enough without having to worry about causing any other physical issues. If you can get away with taking any type of creatine, then go for it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a few more questions, CD (or anyone else). I was going to just PM you, but I guess I might as well make it publicly available info.

So I've been basically 100% with the regimen for about three weeks (100% with what I avoid, but still only 8 herbs and still doing dumb shit like using store-bought kefir and bone broth instead of making my own, i.e. I haven't completely gotten every last detail sorted out yet). I had some nice upswings, but now I'm doing really, really bad. Bad enough to just risk another water fast because I feel fucked anyways.

I was doing pretty good, nice upswing and mild downswing, another nice upswing, etc., but then it's like...my body stopped digesting stuff. So I got bloated and constipated and just keep crashing and crashing. I'm really impatient to start a 4-5 day fast, and it's actually been 16 hours since I've eaten. I could just keep going, but my concern is that I had a little bit of meat yesterday (very small portion of organic chicken at 7pm). Could I do an enema tonight and continue for 4-5 days, or do I need to wait for the meat to get out of my system? The thought of not doing a fast right now is terrifying, because my symptoms have been getting worse every night for about a week. Is it hugely detrimental to fast without two meat-less days beforehand?

Second question:
    When I go to bed (when I'm in a downswing), I keep getting this searing panic feeling, especially in the middle of the night and in the morning (it's normally what wakes me up). It coincides exactly with shrinking testes. Is this high cortisol? Low cortisol? If you recognize this as a distinct imbalance, I'd love suggestions on any least thing I could do to mitigate this specific symptom. It's literally like...I lie down (even for a five minute rest) and can feel it starting to happen. Actual sleep lets the process hellishly continue.

I have noticed an absolutely clear, direct, unambiguous relationship between slow digestion and worsening of symptoms, and vice versa. I think I could be healed in a few months if my gut would cooperate. FYI, I had no gut problems (that I was aware of) for any period in my life, until now.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have a few more questions, CD (or anyone else). I was going to just PM you, but I guess I might as well make it publicly available info.

So I've been basically 100% with the regimen for about three weeks (100% with what I avoid, but still only 8 herbs and still doing dumb shit like using store-bought kefir and bone broth instead of making my own, i.e. I haven't completely gotten every last detail sorted out yet). I had some nice upswings, but now I'm doing really, really bad. Bad enough to just risk another water fast because I feel fucked anyways.

I was doing pretty good, nice upswing and mild downswing, another nice upswing, etc., but then it's like...my body stopped digesting stuff. So I got bloated and constipated and just keep crashing and crashing. I'm really impatient to start a 4-5 day fast, and it's actually been 16 hours since I've eaten. I could just keep going, but my concern is that I had a little bit of meat yesterday (very small portion of organic chicken at 7pm). Could I do an enema tonight and continue for 4-5 days, or do I need to wait for the meat to get out of my system? The thought of not doing a fast right now is terrifying, because my symptoms have been getting worse every night for about a week. Is it hugely detrimental to fast without two meat-less days beforehand?

Second question:
    When I go to bed (when I'm in a downswing), I keep getting this searing panic feeling, especially in the middle of the night and in the morning (it's normally what wakes me up). It coincides exactly with shrinking testes. Is this high cortisol? Low cortisol? If you recognize this as a distinct imbalance, I'd love suggestions on any least thing I could do to mitigate this specific symptom. It's literally like...I lie down (even for a five minute rest) and can feel it starting to happen. Actual sleep lets the process hellishly continue.

I have noticed an absolutely clear, direct, unambiguous relationship between slow digestion and worsening of symptoms, and vice versa. I think I could be healed in a few months if my gut would cooperate. FYI, I had no gut problems (that I was aware of) for any period in my life, until now.
    What do you mean when you say "100% with the regimen for about three weeks (100% with what I avoid, but still only 8 herbs ...." So...I just want to point out....this isn't 100%. I just want to make sure we're all on the same page here. 100%....is 100%

Secondly...it's not necessary to go two days meatless before the fast. You're worrying needlessly here. You have to think about it in terms of the natural world. Fasting is a completely natural process that allowed our species to survive lean times. Our ancestors feasted and then went to famine...constantly. They would kill an animal, eat as much of it as possible, and then there were times when they wouldn't eat again for a week or more. They didn't worry about giving themselves enemas to clear themselves out because they were then going to starve. You don't need to "help" the body in this regards. Everything will clear out just as nature intended it to without intervention.

Third. You need to do an extended cleanse. This is the one area that guys skimp on...usually. Understandably so. But for the guys that are having extreme issues, it's the one thing that they need the MOST. 4-5 days on water may not be enough. The body cleanses on it's own schedule, and I can tell you that schedule is NEVER in sync with our own.....usually ever. What we want and our timeline is irrelevant to what the body needs to do.

My site is geared towards the general population. A week on juice for a "normal" guy is going to give him huge benefits. For someone who is damaged, they're going to need more time then that. Seeing as the juice feast comes from a program that was safely designed for 90 days, you can see how with your issues, a week just isn't going to be enough.

I don't suggest fasting on water at home for more then 4-5 days, but it's clear you need more time then that. If you can't get to a clinic because of cost and time away, then you need to do something more realistic, like a juice feast. If I were you I would do AT LEAST two weeks, probably more. You need a serious reset. You're just not going to get that with the timeline you've been using.

I know this isn't probably what you wanted to hear, but most of the times with the cleanse it never is.

Do some research on extended juice feasting so that you can familiarize yourself with what people go through and what to expect.

The beginning of this is always tough, especially if you're super toxic (I hate to use that phrase as it's so cliche' in the cleansing circles, but it is what it is)

You're right in linking the impaired digestion to an increase in symptoms. Not only does the whole system slow down when digestion is impaired, but the brain is directly effected because of the gut brain connection. (If you're not familiar with this, do some research) You're neurotransmitters are severely effected by this.

If you don't make a serious concerted effort to get that shit out of you, and calm your insides, you're going to have violent swings like this as your body fights to find it's new homeostasis.

You either deal with the hell it dishes you, or you, rather then have it drag out for months, take your lumps all up front and cleanse. It will make things so much smoother down the line.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I'd said "90%" the assumption would be I'm eating gluten occasionally or skipping workout days, etc. I just wanted to avoid that assumption.

I'll keep fasting for a couple days and then start feasting. I'm really skeptical of the juice feast tbh but I don't seem to have a choice.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Short Intro and a Few Questions and Comments

If I'd said "90%" the assumption would be I'm eating gluten occasionally or skipping workout days, etc. I just wanted to avoid that assumption.

I'll keep fasting for a couple days and then start feasting. I'm really skeptical of the juice feast tbh but I don't seem to have a choice.
    I don't know if that would be the assumption but what is it you actually meant by what you said?

If you're skeptical of the juice Feast then you should do some research on it to alleviate any skepticism you may have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 02-24-2017 at 09:02 PM.