User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

HIIT page finished

Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Awesome, going to add this when I'm ready.
    Do you find treadmills better, worse or no difference?
    The days you HIIT, that's all you do or weights Aswell?
    Cheers

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benq123 View Post
    Awesome, going to add this when I'm ready.
    Do you find treadmills better, worse or no difference?
    The days you HIIT, that's all you do or weights Aswell?
    Cheers
    I despise treadmills and prefer to run outside on a grass field.

I do HIIT on non lifting days. If you're doing it right, it's all you need for that day aside from some stretching and of course mobility work.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found a typo

whether we our running for our lives

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Grape Ape's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonBalls View Post
    Found a typo

whether we our running for our lives
    Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grape Ape View Post
    Looks good.
    Thanks Grape.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking forward to changing the site them and aesthetics and adding pictures and graphics.....all in time. If you guys haven't opted in yet, I'm going to be giving stuff to guys on my list randomly. Updated studies, Ebooks, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I have been doing this wrong. Two days a week I sprint on a treadmill at 10mph (sometimes a little faster) for a while minute with a minute rest. I do ten sets of these.

Sounds like I should be sprinting faster (prob about 13mph) for thirty seconds with about two minute breaks.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 alpha victim View Post
    I think I have been doing this wrong. Two days a week I sprint on a treadmill at 10mph (sometimes a little faster) for a while minute with a minute rest. I do ten sets of these.

Sounds like I should be sprinting faster (prob about 13mph) for thirty seconds with about two minute breaks.

You want to go all out. Right to the threshold of being comfortable, just enough not to hurt yourself. Keep your current fitness in mind. If you can push it, then do so.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 K8668B's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my first time in 10 years doing sprints. I was a cross-country and track "star" in high school, but then at age 18 i became more interested in weightlifting and bodybuilding. I specialized more in long distance running in high school, but sprints were a common part of our workouts too.

Just started sprinting again a few days ago. Found a little place nearby to do my runs at, and i picked this distance, which i think is close to about 100m, and did a set of sprints. i loved it!!! the adrenaline rush afterwards!! All out 100%

The key is to get a stop watch, and time yourself. Get yourself a time, and then try to beat that time each time you sprint. Thats also been my mentality with weight training- (either get more reps, or more weight than you did with your previous session. always beating your record from your previous session.) That's what gives each workout meaning. And thats progression!

Of course when you're doing short sprints like 100m dashes, you can only shave so much time off of your PR/PB once you get down there enough, but fuck it, try to do it anyway!
    Last edited by K8668B; 03-16-2017 at 04:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HIIT page finished

Quote Originally Posted by K8668B View Post
    This is my first time in 10 years doing sprints. I was a cross-country and track "star" in high school, but then at age 18 i became more interested in weightlifting and bodybuilding. I specialized more in long distance running in high school, but sprints were a common part of our workouts too.

Just started sprinting again a few days ago. Found a little place nearby to do my runs at, and i picked this distance, which i think is close to about 100m, and did a set of sprints. i loved it!!! the adrenaline rush afterwards!! All out 100%

The key is to get a stop watch, and time yourself. Get yourself a time, and then try to beat that time each time you sprint. Thats also been my mentality with weight training- (either get more reps, or more weight than you did with your previous session. always beating your record from your previous session.) That's what gives each workout meaning. And thats progression!

Of course when you're doing short sprints like 100m dashes, you can only shave so much time off of your PR/PB once you get down there enough, but fuck it, try to do it anyway!
    I see what you are saying with the adrenaline rush. The other day I tried thirty second sprints at 12.5 MPH with two minute breaks in between each sprint.

I would usually do one minute sprints (more like fast runs) at 10mph for sixty seconds with sixty second breaks in between each sprint. Although this was all-around more difficult and a better work work, I still feel that jolt/adrenaline feeling more after doing the faster pace for the shorter distance which seems to be the point here.

I am still doing them on a treadmill though and will probable change to a track eventually.