User Tag List

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TubZy View Post
    Bacopa upregulates downregulated GABA receptors including receptor site A, which is the one fin blocks. It was always on my radar along with magnolia, kava and gastrodin as they pretty much do the same thing. So long term bacopa could work better for PFS purposes to get the receptors back up compared to cycling it. Never tried it though, ordered a bag from LEH. They key here is GABA modulators and not just GABA agonists.

Decreased GABA receptor in the cerebral cortex of epileptic rats: effect of Bacopa monnieri and Bacoside-A
    I've taken it daily for months now. Its awesome stuff. Helped me mentally from the first day. I attribute use of it to my full mental recovery no doubt.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It certainly has been one of my favorites

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm about to pull the trigger on the new Gotu kola. It's $5 off right now. Looks to be a nice compliment to the Bacopa.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Pine Pollen Powder

Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    I'm about to pull the trigger on the new Gotu kola. It's $5 off right now. Looks to be a nice compliment to the Bacopa.
    I literally just bought my first bag an hour ago, lol.

There are only a few left at this point plus it's on sale.

I'm still constantly in awe of the quality of their products.

Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    It affects the same Gaba receptor but there is a different feel to it, as compared to kava for sure.

Kava hits the same receptor as well, but yeah they both have other properties besides that, but the anti anxiety effect is from the GABA(A) (benzos act on this receptor). Bacopa also slightly acts on dopamine too, which could be slightly more stimulating. Anything that increases GABA is going to upregulate 5AR in the brain.

Oddly enough, morphine and benzos increase 5AR in the brain (from the increase in GABA, speficially (A)).

Sex hormones metabolism in the brain: influence of central acting drugs on 5 alpha-reduction in rat diencephalon. - PubMed - NCBI

Here is the kava study.

Kavapyrone enriched extract from Piper methysticum as modulator of the GABA binding site in different regions of rat brain. - PubMed - NCBI

Same with magnolia (I just started making tea with this, this is pretty good stuff, similar to glycine but much stronger)

Magnolol, a major bioactive constituent of the bark of Magnolia officinalis, induces sleep via the benzodiazepine site of GABA(A) receptor in mice. - PubMed - NCBI
    Last edited by TubZy; 03-24-2017 at 09:00 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Pine Pollen Powder

Kava hits the same receptor as well, but yeah they both have other properties besides that, but the anti anxiety effect is from the GABA(A). Bacopa also slightly acts on dopamine too.

Kavapyrone enriched extract from Piper methysticum as modulator of the GABA binding site in different regions of rat brain. - PubMed - NCBI

Same with magnolia (I just started making tea with this, this is pretty good stuff, similar to glycine but much stronger)

Magnolol, a major bioactive constituent of the bark of Magnolia officinalis, induces sleep via the benzodiazepine site of GABA(A) receptor in mice. - PubMed - NCBI
    "kava hits the same receptor as well"

Yea... that's what I just said....lol

I don't have any experience with Magnolia as a standalone but I have taken it in a sleep supplement

Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    "kava hits the same receptor as well"

Yea... that's what I just said....lol

I don't have any experience with Magnolia as a standalone but I have taken it in a sleep supplement

Just restating it cause you sounded kinda unsure when you mentioned it lol

Probably super underdosed. It is not the magnolia bark that is doing itself but high amounts of the standardized active compounds magnolol and honokiol, which many supplements don't have especially if it is a blend.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Pine Pollen Powder

Just restating it cause you sounded kinda unsure when you mentioned it lol

Probably super underdosed. It is not the magnolia bark that is doing itself but high amounts of the standardized active compounds magnolol and honokiol, which many supplements don't have especially if it is a blend.
    Typical of most proprietary Blends which is why I like stand-alone products

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting in on these now straight away too then before they run out.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may run Bacopa and Gotu with lions mane on my upcoming cycle to see if it still provides any benefit. Kinda have an idea that it will.

Never Quit.