User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi everyone

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I bought my juicer today and look set to start on Saturday or Sunday. My housemate is doing it to for moral support and probably so he can put it on social media.
    I also went to the health food shop and bought Magnesium to help with the sleep and found Rhodiola to add to my rotation, I'm going to Dublin tomorrow to see the Doctor on Friday (I've already made the appointment and it would be good to hear from someone who acknowledges PFS face to face even if I don't end up following his instructions.) so will be looking to pick up some more herbs. Couple of quick questions:

1. Can someone look over my selection of herbs and just tell me if they're lacking in any way or are the a good start: Tribulus, Horny Goat Weed, Iodine, Cordyceps, Rhodiola, Macuna, Citanche and Pine Pollen which I will take daily.
    2. Has anyone any experience with CBD oil, it seems to lower Cortisol and have healing properties when vaped. My friend takes it and loves it. Is this recommended or should I just stick to the protocol?
    3. Also is seven days enough for the fast?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coppersocks View Post
    Ok, I bought my juicer today and look set to start on Saturday or Sunday. My housemate is doing it to for moral support and probably so he can put it on social media.
    I also went to the health food shop and bought Magnesium to help with the sleep and found Rhodiola to add to my rotation, I'm going to Dublin tomorrow to see the Doctor on Friday (I've already made the appointment and it would be good to hear from someone who acknowledges PFS face to face even if I don't end up following his instructions.) so will be looking to pick up some more herbs. Couple of quick questions:

1. Can someone look over my selection of herbs and just tell me if they're lacking in any way or are the a good start: Tribulus, Horny Goat Weed, Iodine, Cordyceps, Rhodiola, Macuna, Citanche and Pine Pollen which I will take daily.
    2. Has anyone any experience with CBD oil, it seems to lower Cortisol and have healing properties when vaped. My friend takes it and loves it. Is this recommended or should I just stick to the protocol?
    3. Also is seven days enough for the fast?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
    I'd prefer everyone does two weeks on the feast, but seven days is better then nothing and you'll still get benefits.

Have you read the page on juice feasting and know how much you have to take in?

CBD oil is okay to take.

As funds become available, you want to increase your herb stash over time so that you can work your way up to a 21 day rotation cycle. The more varied herbs you have, the better your results will be as each one of them works to increase testosterone a little bit differently. Some herbs work better for different people then others so you want to make sure all of your bases are covered.

Other than that, it looks good.

Make sure to take in enough water during the feast as well.

It may help you to post your experiences during the feast almost like keeping a journal. This will be helpful to others who are planning on doing it for themselves.

Good luck.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'll be looking to add some more to the stash in the near future, most likely next week. And yeah, I've looked over feasting section. I'm looking to take in roughly five liters a day (just over 5 quarts), in mixtures of green veg, a vegetables you've mentioned and some pure fruit mixes. I'm gonna mix it up daily so as to get the nutrition I need. Is it OK to add some root ginger at times or is that a no go? I'd love to do longer than the seven days but I've some logistical problems arising the following week so it may be an issue but I'm certainly gonna go for as long as I can.
    I will of course keep everyone updated here, it'll certainly help me stay focused and also hopefully someone in the future might find it useful if they find themselves in a similar position to mine.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can certainly add ginger root to any of the mixtures if you prefer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all, just a quick update.
    Went to a doctor who has a lot of experience with PFS (he's written papers on it) and he said he was encouraged by my case and that he didn't want to throw any drugs at it, which I firmly agree with. He also stated that a regime of exercise, healthy eating and supplements seem to do the most good, again- agreed. We left it at that and he said to check back in on him in a few months. To be honest it was a bit of a waste of a trip as he didn't really tell me anything new but it was good to speak to someone face to face for what it was worth. Interestingly he also told me that he has between 15 and 20 people on his books that are dealing with PFS.
    Anyway, after treating myself yesterday to an full Irish breakfast, a lamb korma with rice and naan, and several massive donuts my new life starts today with the juice feast. Last night I made 4 litres of celery, kale, spinich, cabbage, carrot and apple juice. And a liter of apple, orange and blackberry. It's a bit of a endeavor but I know it'll be worth it. I am worried about the amount of muscle I'll lose but it is what it is and I want to be past this affliction more that anything.
    I was also able to pick up a couple more herbs on my trip also; I now have Eleuthero, Maca, Royal Jelly, Rhodiola, Tribulus, Tongkat and Horny Goat Weed. And am looking to add Ant Extract, Pine Pollen and Cordyceps within the next week.
    Quick question: Out of curiosity, is there a reason that Korean Ginseng isn't listed?
    Last edited by coppersocks; 02-25-2017 at 02:24 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone

I could murder a bloody protein shake right about now.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hulk Smash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about Korean Ginseng, but from my experience its easier/better to stick to the list.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi everyone

Hi all, just a quick update.
    Went to a doctor who has a lot of experience with PFS (he's written papers on it) and he said he was encouraged by my case and that he didn't want to throw any drugs at it, which I firmly agree with. He also stated that a regime of exercise, healthy eating and supplements seem to do the most good, again- agreed. We left it at that and he said to check back in on him in a few months. To be honest it was a bit of a waste of a trip as he didn't really tell me anything new but it was good to speak to someone face to face for what it was worth. Interestingly he also told me that he has between 15 and 20 people on his books that are dealing with PFS.
    Anyway, after treating myself yesterday to an full Irish breakfast, a lamb korma with rice and naan, and several massive donuts my new life starts today with the juice feast. Last night I made 4 litres of celery, kale, spinich, cabbage, carrot and apple juice. And a liter of apple, orange and blackberry. It's a bit of a endeavor but I know it'll be worth it. I am worried about the amount of muscle I'll lose but it is what it is and I want to be past this affliction more that anything.
    I was also able to pick up a couple more herbs on my trip also; I now have Eleuthero, Maca, Royal Jelly, Rhodiola, Tribulus, Tongkat and Horny Goat Weed. And am looking to add Ant Extract, Pine Pollen and Cordyceps within the next week.
    Quick question: Out of curiosity, is there a reason that Korean Ginseng isn't listed?
    I only recommend things that I've had positive experiences with. I have experimented with Korean ginseng in the past but didn't notice any benefits worth sharing.

Out of everything I have tried over the past six or seven years the list is the culmination of the best of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starting day 3 of the juice fast now. It's actually not too bad, particularly in the morning. Energy levels are still fluctuating and when they get low I seem to develop headaches and brain fog, though it's manageable compared to what it's been since I first quit. Mood goes up and down also but again, it's OK. I still get occasional hunger pangs (that are absolutely not helped by working in a shopping center next to a butcher that insists on cooking bacon and burgers on a BBQ at their front door!) but it seems the key is to just keep drinking the juice even when I'm not hungry. Sleep wasn't great last night as I had some quite vivid dreams that seemed to occur in shallow sleep though this has often been the case since developing sides. Still I slept from around 11 till 4.30 which is a long stretch for me at the moment, just had difficulty maintaining sleep after that. My one biggest issue that I've had to deal with is body temperature! I'm always cold but it is what it is.
    I've also started a rotation of seven herbs, my libido is non existent but I'm encouraged by the fact that most nights I get nocturnal semi's though I haven't been at full mast in over a week now. If this is my baseline then so be it. It's a long road but I'm just gonna keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Starting day 3 of the juice fast now. It's actually not too bad, particularly in the morning. Energy levels are still fluctuating and when they get low I seem to develop headaches and brain fog, though it's manageable compared to what it's been since I first quit. Mood goes up and down also but again, it's OK. I still get occasional hunger pangs (that are absolutely not helped by working in a shopping center next to a butcher that insists on cooking bacon and burgers on a BBQ at their front door!) but it seems the key is to just keep drinking the juice even when I'm not hungry. Sleep wasn't great last night as I had some quite vivid dreams that seemed to occur in shallow sleep though this has often been the case since developing sides. Still I slept from around 11 till 4.30 which is a long stretch for me at the moment, just had difficulty maintaining sleep after that. My one biggest issue that I've had to deal with is body temperature! I'm always cold but it is what it is.
    I've also started a rotation of seven herbs, my libido is non existent but I'm encouraged by the fact that most nights I get nocturnal semi's though I haven't been at full mast in over a week now. If this is my baseline then so be it. It's a long road but I'm just gonna keep putting one foot in front of the other.
    There is no sense rotating the herbs during the juice feast. Save them for afterwords.

In regards to body temperature, you're going to be colder then usual during the feast. This is a function of the type of calories your getting more then anything and a general trend of detox.