Thread: Recoveries

Hybrid View

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Recoveries

Seeing as when most guys recover, the last thing they want to do is stick around and dwell on the horrible experiences they had to go through, many of them disappear to go enjoy their lives and are never heard from again. This is completely understandable.

Even when I recovered, I didn't go back to Propecia help for almost a year. The last thing I wanted to do was go back to that place.

I'm hoping because this site is very different, that the guys that have found so much help and benefit from the information shared here will give back to the forum by sharing their recoveries so that new guys that arrive here will be emboldened and even more motivated to stick to the protocol and see it through until the end.

For all you guys that are recovered, or are close to recovered (85% and more) Please feel free to share your experiences in this thread.

It will be a life saver to the guys that are just starting their journeys.

Thank you in advance!
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CD e mailed me and specifically asked me to post as i don't visit forums anymore, so please don't waste time asking me questions etc. But i hope this helps some...

I used propecia for about 6 months about 4 years back, i got bad symptoms that worsened after coming off and reading propecia help for many hours at a time. I didn't realise then the effect the mind has on the body - if you want to know how bad i was, well, i was pretty fucking bad, pretty much as bad as it gets, and i read all the stories on p.help.
    I created a protocol that was right for me, based on the common denominators of 20 or 30 recovery stories. Looking back the best thing about this was that i believed in it 100%, and the consistency of my approach and the constant reinforcement of only surrounding myself with recovery stories and positive people like CD and others like him created a belief in recovery that was stronger than my belief in the bullshit narrative the idiots had created on P. help. This mystical condition is not specific to "pfs", it is simply the result of intense and long lasting stress added of course to a chemically altered hormonal balance. This has been confirmed by the many tens of guys who have followed a similar protocol and recovered 80 to 100% very quickly (ie within 18 months or so)
    It took me around 18 months to recover all physical and sexual capabilities to the point that i was before, and then some. I still (obviously) have some mental issues with this very frightening period of my life, but i view it as a positive thing in general and it was in many ways the best challenge of my life so far, simply because i found it difficult.
    The protocol was very close indeed to CD's. I didn't fast for more than 5 days at a time, and i didn't do pro-hormones. I found some anti estrogen drugs helpful in very small quantities for a period, otherwise it was all healthy stuff, focusing on mind, diet, body. I've written tons of stuff on it all so you can find it on here, but to be honest you may as well just go to CD's website. You will recover for sure - if - you relax your mind more and more over time, whilst eating very healthy and living healthy. You don't need anything special, you just need to relax, start enjoying life again more and more each day, and get away from all the worrying talk, all of it.

This stuff takes time to dismantle your worrying mind, it takes a great deal of daily positive reinforcement to turn the tide and you must stop making such a big fucking deal out of it all, which is what created and worsened many of your symptoms in the first place. I know this stuff for sure because i'm back in peak condition, but you will question it, that my friend is the issue you need to reverse and then you will see the "condition" start to disappear.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Swill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my story...

I'm a 31 year old from the United Kingdom. In my youth I was a pro soccer player and did it well into my mid 20's so have always been relatively fit. I started taking finasteride at the age of 20, and ceased in December 2012 when sexual side effects started to occur. Things then went from bad to worse in February 2013 when other symptoms showed up and I became a shell of myself overnight. I had very bad ED, lack of libido, lack of excitement... my zest for life went and all emotions were replaced with tension, anxiety and fear... my anxiety was absolutely terrible. I would wake up with terrors at 3am in the morning and exhaust myself thinking about how I was fucked for life from dawn to dusk. Felt robbed, cheated, suicidal, my life turned upside down. I had very supportive parents who supported me and kept me sane whereas if I hadn't had that support I may not be here now.

The first year I was so anxious that I had to get things fixed immediately, desperate to find that silver bullet. I saw endocrinologist professors from the UK, including one of the top guys here on Harley Street, and found my testosterone level was now at 7 (on a range of 7 - 31). I even travelled to the United States to be under the care of Dr Crisler, self claimed messiah of 'All Things Male.' I was put on all manner of pharmaceuticals in a variety of doses and combinations... Clomid, AI's, Dostinex. The more I loaded on pharmaceuticals to alter the blood labs i was relying on being the answer, the worse I felt, particularly emotionally. I would give a particular word of caution to taking Clomid, that stuff was horrific and made me a panicked mess when as people suffering with things post-fin we are already predisposed to such things.

I was determined to throw all my money at this to find the magical cure, but anyway it became clear in a matter within a matter of months that Dr Crisler had no clue what the fuck he was doing and I was a total guinea pig. So at the end of my year of hell, I was feeling dreadful loaded up on pharmaceuticals to fix a pharmaceutical problem, and at my lowest ebb with nowhere to turn, and thats when I came across CD's thread on that cess pit Propecia Help in December 2013.

I admit, it wasn't easy to change my mindset and it took some adjusting, and I have an analytical mind so I wanted to ask a million questions. And it was horrible coming off all the pharma I was on which put me in a massive state of hormonal, emotional and sexual flux. But, I decided to jump in fully... what did I have to lose?! I have always been into the gym and tried to keep that going as a release as much as possible but I hit it with all i had, I totally re-vamped my diet which has never been great and went full paleo, as organic as possible (its difficult in the UK) and applied the principles of carb backloading.

I then booked into a clinic in California recommended by CD an undertook a two week medically supervised waterfast and re-feed. It was so hard for me mentally and like nothing I have ever experienced, but I saw it as necessary and got it done. I found it really difficult I will not lie, and I don't think I was mentally prepared for how hard it would be, but it was good to be in an environment where you are supported and people are going through the same thing. If you guys are concerned about losing weight at a water fast and that you wont recover... I went down to 140lbs in my water fast, and the avatar was taken only about 3 months later... when you are cleansed and primed, your body really rewards you for giving it the good stuff.

After I returned I jumped fully into the regime (herbs, meditation, diet, rest, pumping, cold showers, etc) and the benefits started to flood through. I am now at the point where I have recovered all but sexually... I have made good improvements in this field but libido still fluctuates from time to time, but I am really happy with where I am at in life and have a pretty normal sex life too. And if I am being totally honest, I think I have been a little bit of a difficult case... I have responded fantastically well to the regime, but most people seem to gain the benefits far quicker than myself. I am at a stage where the end is in sight and I will get there sooner rather than later.

The main thing I would impart on you guys is similar to what English said... a lot of this is mental... in that we have been through a great degree of mental trauma with this and it has affected us on a physical level. Dig deep and show the grit you've got and you'll find yourselves stronger than you thought possible... this shit is nothing but character building.

The main thing I would say pushed on my recovery was the realisation that instead of spending every minute of every day thinking about PFS, no matter how fucked you are, life goes on and can still be enjoyed... you can still do cool and fun things, you can still have goals, you can still achieve things. In my time with PFS I have met a woman, fell in love and married her, got a house, a dog, began to play in a rock band again, continued to set goals in the gym, watched my local soccer team, and have made some great memories with friends... you have bad times and it isn't easy, but you dont have to let life pass you by.

I took part in the PFS study in Baylor, Texas shortly after my wedding in March 2015 and whilst studies to further understand PFS are important, particularly to get Fin off the market, it is obvious in my mind that the only way to heal from this is holistically by putting your body in prefect position to naturally heal itself. Your body is far more effective than any drug or scientist.

I am in a happier place than I ever thought possible after all that I have been through, and its due to sticking at the regime that has been laid out for you CONSISTENTLY over TIME.

I dont spend a great deal of time on the board, but I'm more than happy to help any of you guys with anything. As CD has said though, its all there written down for you, just get to doing it!
    WORK! CONSUME! DIE!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll go ahead and post my story as well.

I'm 27 years old, from the United States. I'm a former member of the United States Marine Corps who now works as a contractor for the government, after graduating from college with an Engineering degree in honors, in a very demanding job role that requires you to be on your game technologically and intellectually at the same time. I took Saw Palmetto extract, 320mg daily, for the better part of almost two months before noticing that things just weren't the same anymore. I no longer had the mental sharpness that had allowed me to excel in my field from the get go, nor did I have the lust for life and excitement for life that I had before. Believe me, if you can be excited to wake up everyday when you're in exotic locales like Afghanistan and Iraq, then you should be excited to wake up in your brand new house on a daily basis. I no longer saw any gains or reason to go to the gym, nor did I care to ever have sex. This was the biggest clue to me that something was wrong....I normally pestered my girlfriend (and soon to be wife) for sex about daily.....sometimes twice a day haha. Given that I took Saw Palmetto for symptoms of acute prostatitis because I didn't want to go the VA for a checkup and get antibiotics (and later learning that Saw Palmetto doesnt help prostatitis at all, go me), I wasn't even aware of finasteride or the Post-Finasteride Syndrome because I wasn't a sufferer of MPB and had no reason to take the drug or consider it. So, I went online and Google'd "Saw Palmetto brain fog", because in all honesty, when you can't think clearly or react to anything with intelligence very quickly, that's the most concerning symptom of all. Low and behold, I found r/Tressless on reddit, and it was a post where someone was clearly experiencing the same thing I was. One of the commenters said "Sounds like you could have PFS. Check www.propeciahelp.com".......and so began the worst two weeks of my life after reading that stuff. I was praying, hoping that I would be one of the guys who returned to normal within "14 days" as stated on the website and by Merck (for finasteride). Of course, me taking Saw Palmetto and seeing that two of the longest sufferers of PFS took Saw Palmetto, and that one of the worst cases on the website (who ended up taking his life) also took SP, I was pretty sure that my life was gone. That I would lose everything, my woman, my friends, my career......as a highly motivated, competitive, and driven individual, that wasn't something I could take.

Two weeks went by, leading to a month with little to no improvement. I couldn't sleep, had night terrors, my dick was twisting and curving as well to go along with not working at all.....suicide was within reach. I suffer from PTSD as well, and combine the two and I was a living hell for a long time. I stumbled upon CDs post on Propecia Help, but wasn't read to buy in at first due to people there claiming it was "BS, not true, he can't drink, blah blah blah", until finally I said, I have absolutely nothing to fucking lose at this point, lets see what I can do.

I bought into the regimen 100%, and have followed it for near 10 months now I believe? May will be around a year, and I'm sitting pretty at near 85-90%, with just a few things left to go. Eye floaters, libido, and dick curvature being the only remaining symptoms. Keep in mind, I had the following: brain fog, ED, dick twist/curve, muscle wastage, eye floaters, blurry/unfocused vision (THE WORST), dry skin, eye bags and hollowing eyes, bone pain, no drive or aggression, shrunken genitals......the damn list goes on but you guys get the point. If I can recover, ANYONE can recover. I've also recieved a promotion at my job, gained a very in-demand and difficult tech certification, got engaged, continued to plug away at my Master's degree, and am in the, no doubt, best shape of my life.

Life is what you make it, PFS or not. You're the only one who can continue to make your life great, or a living hell. The choice is yours.
    Last edited by Maxout777; 02-24-2017 at 03:47 PM.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow.

I've never heard either of your stories before. You guys are both kicking ass, and it's paying off. Thanks for sharing that.

Just imagine how you'll feel in another couple of months?

We're going to get this section FILLED with recoveries. I think this is the first time that there has been such a large group attempting this all at once. You guys are lucky in that regards. You have plenty of people to lean on and discuss your experiences with.

Keep it up guys.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Entropy recovered on the protocol too going by his posts (after I sieved through all the fuck offs he gave out after he started to feel better lol).

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are plenty of others that have recovered ( pre swole source ) as well but once they reach a certain point and Recover to say, 85 to 90% they know what they have to do to get the last bit and they don't have a need to hang around forums anymore. It's just the natural progression of things.

After spending years reading forums and worrying and suffering I don't blame them one bit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 03-22-2017 at 05:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the more why we need to thank you for hanging around to guide us all after you dealt with this years ago.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to mention, the two forums set up for this syndrome prior to it being allowed here are cesspools of negativity.

Why would anyone want to post a recovery there when it's going to be denied, critiqued, called "it was only because of time", or even better be personally attacked for just saying that you've seen the other side, just trying to give guys hope and help....Or my personal favorite, you didn't have TRUE PFS, or EXTREME PFS....

Jealousy, and weakness, are two cruel, cruel beasts.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally want to thank everyone who's stayed here to help everyone just arriving. I read these recovery stories often. They give me a lot of encouragement. I hope to see many more on here and eventually add one myself.