User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swill View Post
    I had absolutely no clue about this, intact I thought the polar opposite. I thought that it was vital to get protein in with carbs for your backload as you wanted to get protein in post training?!

I talked to a friend who competes in natty bodybuilding about 'nutrient partitioning' and he gave the impression that it is protein that goes fine with either carbs or fats, but that carbs AND fats together are what are not taken up optimally? I figured that the exception would be backloading, whereby if you weren't being totally clean then things like pizza etc can be eaten without issue due to the spike, but I personally have always gone carbs and meat post evening workout.

Am I going wrong here?
    I knew this may have caused some issues with some people.

If what you're doing in regards to your diet is working for you, KEEP DOING IT.

There is a science behind this in regards to what foods should be eaten with what, and personally I notice a difference, but if you don't feel bogged down eating carbs with meat, then by all means, don't worry about it.

I find this more comfortable on my digestion personally, but some people might not even notice a difference. And from what it sounds like, you're having no problem what so ever in regards to how you're eating.

If you wanted to play around with this concept, then go for it, but again, if you're not noticing any negative effects from consuming foods the way you have been, there is no need to change anything around. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

People that have compromised digestion or sluggish digestion can use this method to get relief. Everyone is different in this regards.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Swill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I knew this may have caused some issues with some people.

If what you're doing in regards to your diet is working for you, KEEP DOING IT.

There is a science behind this in regards to what foods should be eaten with what, and personally I notice a difference, but if you don't feel bogged down eating carbs with meat, then by all means, don't worry about it.

I find this more comfortable on my digestion personally, but some people might not even notice a difference. And from what it sounds like, you're having no problem what so ever in regards to how you're eating.

If you wanted to play around with this concept, then go for it, but again, if you're not noticing any negative effects from consuming foods the way you have been, there is no need to change anything around. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

People that have compromised digestion or sluggish digestion can use this method to get relief. Everyone is different in this regards.
    Ah right, Gotcha.

In truth i've never had horrendous digestion issues so never given it too much thought... I certainly wouldn't describe it as very compromised, but I certainly do notice a bloat at the end of the day after my post evening training backload, but I always kinda took it as how it is. I don't FEEL particularly uncomfortable though, its just a visual observation. Does it sound like I could benefit from changing things up, or am I digging too deep with it?

I remember you saying you train in the morning CD, if you were to do an evening session would you then get animal protein in later after your post training carb up before bed?
    WORK! CONSUME! DIE!

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swill View Post
    Ah right, Gotcha.

In truth i've never had horrendous digestion issues so never given it too much thought... I certainly wouldn't describe it as very compromised, but I certainly do notice a bloat at the end of the day after my post evening training backload, but I always kinda took it as how it is. I don't FEEL particularly uncomfortable though, its just a visual observation. Does it sound like I could benefit from changing things up, or am I digging too deep with it?

I remember you saying you train in the morning CD, if you were to do an evening session would you then get animal protein in later after your post training carb up before bed?
    If I did an evening session I would still eat my protein for dinner....but I would eat it and the veggies first, then I would take down the carbs on the plate. I wouldn't mix them up. Then after that it would be all carbs until bed.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Swill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That protein followed by carb thing is something I typically do by accident haha... happy days!
    WORK! CONSUME! DIE!