Quote Originally Posted by Swill View Post
I had absolutely no clue about this, intact I thought the polar opposite. I thought that it was vital to get protein in with carbs for your backload as you wanted to get protein in post training?!

I talked to a friend who competes in natty bodybuilding about 'nutrient partitioning' and he gave the impression that it is protein that goes fine with either carbs or fats, but that carbs AND fats together are what are not taken up optimally? I figured that the exception would be backloading, whereby if you weren't being totally clean then things like pizza etc can be eaten without issue due to the spike, but I personally have always gone carbs and meat post evening workout.

Am I going wrong here?
I knew this may have caused some issues with some people.

If what you're doing in regards to your diet is working for you, KEEP DOING IT.

There is a science behind this in regards to what foods should be eaten with what, and personally I notice a difference, but if you don't feel bogged down eating carbs with meat, then by all means, don't worry about it.

I find this more comfortable on my digestion personally, but some people might not even notice a difference. And from what it sounds like, you're having no problem what so ever in regards to how you're eating.

If you wanted to play around with this concept, then go for it, but again, if you're not noticing any negative effects from consuming foods the way you have been, there is no need to change anything around. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

People that have compromised digestion or sluggish digestion can use this method to get relief. Everyone is different in this regards.